Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why isn't there any atari 5200 section it has the best games out of the others
For a system to be represented, it has to have had Virtual Console releases. Otherwise there is nothing to inject (the Atari 5200) rom into. There was no Atari 5200 VC. Makes sense, right? As someone else said, there is an emulator than can play those roms, but this injector can't help you with that.

G1fan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For a system to be represented, it has to have had Virtual Console releases. Otherwise there is nothing to inject (the Atari 5200) rom into. There was no Atari 5200 VC. Makes sense, right? As someone else said, there is an emulator than can play those roms, but this injector can't help you with that.
NSUI actually already supports multiple systems that don't have native VC support. Instead it acts more like a forwarder, launching the game through a chosen emulator.
Their main hurdle is more-so the fact that the software hasn't been updated in years.

champsblinder02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
NSUI actually already supports multiple systems that don't have native VC support. Instead it acts more like a forwarder, launching the game through a chosen emulator.
Their main hurdle is more-so the fact that the software hasn't been updated in years.
It would be awesome NDS games forwards with the 3D console frame! Also Virtual Boy forwarder since Red Viper is now 100% functional.

Reactions: Asdolo and G1fan

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
When it comes to the Virtual Boy, the best you can expect in the 3DS is custom patches for each game so each game works better on the 3D of the 3DS and HD 3DS, savestates and maybe some extra audio stuff?

Reactions: champsblinder02

G1fan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When it comes to the Virtual Boy, the best you can expect in the 3DS is custom patches for each game so each game works better on the 3D of the 3DS and HD 3DS, savestates and maybe some extra audio stuff?
I would assume any virtual boy homescreen icon would just launch the appropriate game via the red viper emulator. So you would have access to any features it has.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I would assume any virtual boy homescreen icon would just launch the appropriate game via the red viper emulator. So you would have access to any features it has.

There is no Nintendo made emulator to inject, so I was talking about stuff for the homebrew emulator. At most you can make a direct access that opens the right game in the emulator.

TenkaDigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just discovered NSUI43DS (and YANBF) this week, truly spectacular. Took me only a day or two to get my faves up on my system, though sadly even though I have a New 3DS XL the SNES Virtual Console doesn't work (at least SNES9x is working).

Gradually going through each game to give them a premium polish, with custom border images and better banners than can be found in the database, and can't seem to find any methods to include manuals. Has anyone been able to figure that out? I saw a guy earlier in this thread had managed to extract them from VC titles, but without luck on injecting them. So many old games benefit greatly from having the manual accessible like that.

Also, if Asdolo ever updates the tool again, it'd be sublime if we could get Game Boy games under the Game Boy banner to load with the GBC Virtual Console, so we can have both the proper colored Pokémon cartridges and GBC-based game color palettes instead of the global preset schemes.

Edit: I found a description of 3DS-rom-tools from ihaveamac on github while searching, doesn't look like there are any tools to automate the process and even if done, it seems to be untested. (Since I'm too new and can't post links, here's the rest of the github url.) /ihaveamac/3DS-rom-tools/wiki/Rebuilding-a-game-or-application-in-.cia-format

Last edited by TenkaDigi,

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Just discovered NSUI43DS (and YANBF) this week, truly spectacular. Took me only a day or two to get my faves up on my system, though sadly even though I have a New 3DS XL the SNES Virtual Console doesn't work (at least SNES9x is working).

Gradually going through each game to give them a premium polish, with custom border images and better banners than can be found in the database, and can't seem to find any methods to include manuals. Has anyone been able to figure that out? I saw a guy earlier in this thread had managed to extract them from VC titles, but without luck on injecting them. So many old games benefit greatly from having the manual accessible like that.

Also, if Asdolo ever updates the tool again, it'd be sublime if we could get Game Boy games under the Game Boy banner to load with the GBC Virtual Console, so we can have both the proper colored Pokémon cartridges and GBC-based game color palettes instead of the global preset schemes.

Edit: I found a description of 3DS-rom-tools from ihaveamac on github while searching, doesn't look like there are any tools to automate the process and even if done, it seems to be untested. (Since I'm too new and can't post links, here's the rest of the github url.) /ihaveamac/3DS-rom-tools/wiki/Rebuilding-a-game-or-application-in-.cia-format

Hi. Thanks for your kind words.

You can use NSUI to extract CIAs also. Just look at the Tools menu at the top of the main window.
Take an official CIA with a manual, extract it with the Extract CIA tool from NSUI, and take the manual file.

Then take a CIA made by you with NSUI and extract it with NSUI's Extract CIA tool as well. IIRC if you copy the manual file from the extracted folder of the official CIA to the extracted folder of your custom-made CIA, then when you rebuild your custom CIA it should also take the manual into it.

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm curious, can you use this to update the "official" GBA vc titles so that they no longer have that dark screen filter?

G1fan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm curious, can you use this to update the "official" GBA vc titles so that they no longer have that dark screen filter?
Yeah you could make your own injects without the filter or extract the contents of the official title, disable the filter, and then rebuild them if you wanted.

TenkaDigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Thanks for your kind words.

You can use NSUI to extract CIAs also. Just look at the Tools menu at the top of the main window.
Take an official CIA with a manual, extract it with the Extract CIA tool from NSUI, and take the manual file.

Then take a CIA made by you with NSUI and extract it with NSUI's Extract CIA tool as well. IIRC if you copy the manual file from the extracted folder of the official CIA to the extracted folder of your custom-made CIA, then when you rebuild your custom CIA it should also take the manual into it.
Oho, I overlooked that. Just gave it a test with Pokémon Blue successfully, and it looks amazing. I did notice that the legit cia files I exported from Godmode9 threw an "unhandled exception" error, but standard worked perfectly. Glad to see you're still active and present!

Now to see about how to build entirely new manuals for games lacking them... it seems the manual contents are in the bcma file; just had to copy in all of the files over that weren't present in my custom CIA, going off what I can gather from this gbatemp thread: /threads/e-manual-editing.429958/ (FML, gotta figure out how to get SDK ManualTool editor or an alternative, since apparently the site it could be downloaded from is gone and cannot be discussed here)...

Here's the full error, btw, just in case you're curious.
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\{{Path}}\temp1\extracted\ExtractedExeFS\banner.bnr'.

Details:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\{{Path}}\Release\temp1\extracted\ExtractedExeFS\banner.bnr'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
at New_Super_Ultimate_Injector_for_3DS.Utils.ExtractCIA(String sourceCIA, String destFolder) in C:\workspace\cs\New-Super-Ultimate-Injector-for-3DS\New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS\New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS\Utils.cs:line 1099
at New_Super_Ultimate_Injector_for_3DS.frmEditCIA.btnExtract_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\workspace\cs\New-Super-Ultimate-Injector-for-3DS\New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS\New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS\frmEditCIA.cs:line 164
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.9232.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS
Assembly Version: 0.27.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.27.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/{{Path}}/Release/New%20Super%20Ultimate%20Injector%20for%203DS.exe
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.9032.0 built by: NET481REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.9236.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.8.9181.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.8.9236.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
MdiTabControl
Assembly Version: 1.1.3159.34934
Win32 Version: 1.1.3159.34934
CodeBase: file:///C:/{{Path}}/Release/MdiTabControl.DLL
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.8.9032.0 built by: NET481REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Ionic.Zip
Assembly Version: 1.9.1.8
Win32 Version: 1.9.1.8
CodeBase: file:///C:/{{Path}}/Release/Ionic.Zip.DLL
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited by TenkaDigi,

alfiehusband

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I Just installed NSUI and it keeps on saying that I don't have the Library.xml file. Where can I Find it?
Post automatically merged:

I Just installed NSUI and it keeps on saying that I don't have the Library.xml file. Where can I Find it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol