Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

Daniel72

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Do you have a option of setting your computers resolution size to a smaller one to see all of that program?
I've tried adjusting the resolution, size, etc. and nothing worked

Also this is off topic, but I'm currently installing my cias using the remote install method in NSUI, but found weird that my 3ds' ip adress keeps changing. Do you know the reason for why it's happening?

PwaroPwaro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello o/

Just a quick question : can i import my projects from beta 26 to beta 27?

i have like 60 projects on beta 26 im really bored about the idea of doing them all over again on beta 27...

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The third menu option from the left is Tools, and the bottom item in there is Options. With the options menu open, select the tab on the lower-left. The top box in that tab is used to select the language.
thank you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

anyone get to inject Super Mario 2 - Yoshi's Island SNES?? because the inject dont have special patch to it so will it work with N3DSXL ?

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you're using NSUI beta 27, not the older beta 26. The proper rom dump of Advance Wars (EUR) should have the CRC32 hash: 66FB29E9. Hash can be check with 7-Zip or WinRAR.
  • 7-Zip (after the program is installed): Right mouse click on the .gba rom → CRC SHACRC-32.
  • WinRAR (.rar archive containing the .gba rom): Open the archive and look under the column CRC32.

When making the injection in NSUI, the only compatible Rom save type(s) for Advance Wars are these:
  • Flash 512k (atmel, ID: 0x3D1F)
  • Flash 512k (SST, ID: 0xD48F)
  • Flash 512k (Panasonic, ID: 0x1B32)

Lastly, GBA VC games can't be play in EmuNAND. Check if your 3DS is running in SysNAND.
  1. Turn on the 3DS and hold the (SELECT) button to access Luma3DS v#.# configuration. Use these exact settings and press (START).
    • ( ) Autoboot EmuNAND ← This does not show up in v10.0 or newer if the SD card doesn't have an EmuNAND.
    • (x) Show NAND or user string in System Settings
  2. HOME Menu → System Settings, check if this is the stated firmware string.
    • Sys 11.13.0-45E
Can u link me to beta 27 i only get is beta 26
Never mind 1st page didnt know if it was beta 26 there til it pop up as beta 27 thank you and all set here

Last edited by FanNintendo,

regenschein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thank you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

anyone get to inject Super Mario 2 - Yoshi's Island SNES?? because the inject dont have special patch to it so will it work with N3DSXL ?

Its not compatible with the Virtual Console Injector.
I had most luck with the Pocketboy Injector with this game. Runs pretty smooth :)

Reactions: FanNintendo

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The Legend of Spyro Eternal Night needs to use the alt save option in NSUI to work. Not sure if this needs to be fixed. Hopefully if someone else has problems finds this.

Mrbigamateur1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I’ve patched a Crystal V1.1 rom with the Pokemon prism patch and I wanted to install this as a cia. I first tried it with the NUSI and appeared to work fine but when saving the game and closing the software then opening back up it starts the game where I left off rather than resetting to the title menu despite me opting to turn off restore points. The option for enabling restore points in NUSI is ticked by default and greyed out and can’t be changed.

I then tried using the old GBC VC injector and that seems to operate as I want but I’ve read about it not working properly with rom hacks and don’t want to play to later find I’ve lost data or something. Can anybody offer any advise on this please? Thanks

SnowShark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I’ve patched a Crystal V1.1 rom with the Pokemon prism patch and I wanted to install this as a cia. I first tried it with the NUSI and appeared to work fine but when saving the game and closing the software then opening back up it starts the game where I left off rather than resetting to the title menu despite me opting to turn off restore points. The option for enabling restore points in NUSI is ticked by default and greyed out and can’t be changed.

I then tried using the old GBC VC injector and that seems to operate as I want but I’ve read about it not working properly with rom hacks and don’t want to play to later find I’ve lost data or something. Can anybody offer any advise on this please? Thanks

From the over 1,000 converts ive done, generally either the hack works or it doesnt with GBA VC. I havent had any mess up part way threw, but tons that just outright wont work.
Also, save states/restore points are different from what you're getting. They typically refer to an option that lets you save at will by touching the bottom screen during play, not the game restarting where you left off (which I think it just does by default).

milik

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi! i tried to play some snes vc (already tried gba nes and megadrive with success) and everytime i have black screen with exception occured type 1 and some lines. i didnt try with retroarch at the moment cause i wanted to know from where the error is.
i tried with super star wars 2 3, super metroid , link to the past , venom seperation anxiety, war of the gems and spider-man and the xmen.
do someone already have this error ? (i'm under luma with 3ds 11.13 and use fbi to install cia)

thanks a lot !

hollowdeathcult

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I've been using this tool for a few days and the roms work flawlessy! I just found some issues I still need to resolve and maybe you could help me. I created a CIA for Pokemon Prism (hack pokemon game for GBC) and I wanted to put an custom border for pixel perfect mode, but when I try to upload my picture into NSUI, this happens:

YvbjIKXhJh.png

I tried 3 types of files (png, jgp and bmp) but with anyone I can make the border to work, I edited if with photoshop to make the size exactly as the porgram ask but when I boot the game and activate pixel perfect mode + border, the border shows exactly as the preview in NSUI. Is this a known issue or am I using a wrong file? I will also upload the border so you can check. Thanks in advance for any response :D

Attachments

• ODH1Q0G.png
    ODH1Q0G.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 261

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Has anyone noticed that when the “crop” option is selected during CIA creation, Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out glitches out during the transition from the Minor to Major Circuit? Highly specific glitch, I know, but it’s the only variable, and the only solution is to play uncropped with the unsightly graphics at the top and bottom.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using this tool for a few days and the roms work flawlessy! I just found some issues I still need to resolve and maybe you could help me. I created a CIA for Pokemon Prism (hack pokemon game for GBC) and I wanted to put an custom border for pixel perfect mode, but when I try to upload my picture into NSUI, this happens:

-snip-

I tried 3 types of files (png, jgp and bmp) but with anyone I can make the border to work, I edited if with photoshop to make the size exactly as the porgram ask but when I boot the game and activate pixel perfect mode + border, the border shows exactly as the preview in NSUI. Is this a known issue or am I using a wrong file? I will also upload the border so you can check. Thanks in advance for any response :D

Set the ppi resolution from 72 to 96.

liinor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
How to change from unknown game type save type to EEPROM 8k? I want to play PC doom on my Nintendo 3ds They have patched gba version at the moment when I trying to launch it just goes white screen.

Last edited by liinor,

someguy12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this injector uses an outdated version of snes9x... anybody know if there's some way we can update this injection software with the latest version of snes9x (currently 1.30)? Also to enable more options, such as button mapping (personally I use ZR for fast forwarding)?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody knows how can I edit an existing CIA with this? I just want to edit some icons and title texts.
  1. ToolsCIA extract and rebuild
  2. Drag and drop your CIA injection.
  3. Click on the *.cia → Extract 1 CIA(s).
  4. Open extract folder of 1 CIA(s)
  5. This step consists of making your rom edits to what's inside the extracted folder.
  6. Rebuild 1 CIA(s)
  7. Move the *_Edited.cia out of the temp1 folder.
  8. When you exit the CIA extract and rebuild window, the temp1 will be deleted.

Reactions: E1ite007

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Perpo @ Perpo: heyy does anybody knows a library where to find shader cache for ryujinx?