Disgaea 6 Complete heads to PlayStation and PC this summer

Those waiting to play the latest Disgaea on a non-Nintendo console will be delighted to learn that NIS America is bringing Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny to new platforms. Disgaea 6: Complete will be heading west on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4, and PC later this summer. Like previous Complete variants, this version of the game will include all the previously released DLC from the original game, as well as new recolor DLC.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew this was going to happen eventually. That said, I also thought they do a complete edition for the Switch. Maybe Complete+ later on then. Lol

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i was hoping it would have remained a switch exclusive
It was never Switch exclusive to begin with really. It released on PS4 and Switch for its original Japanese launch, weird they dropped the PS4 for the international release.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could or should release on Xbox too so the more players, the better.

Since they decided not to give it a Switch port, maybe 5 Complete didn't sell well.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Those waiting to play the latest Disgaea on a non-Nintendo console will be delighted to learn that NIS America is bringing Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny to new platforms. Disgaea 6: Complete will be heading west on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4, and PC later this summer. Like previous Complete variants, this version of the game will include all the previously released DLC from the original game, as well as new recolor DLC.

Just thought I'd let you know that you wrote Playstation 4 twice. It doesn't bother me or anything, just thought I'd point it out :)

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice news.
Too bad they decided the game should be auto-played instead od streamlining the grinding, and dumbed down the Item World.
Disgaea 5 Complete is better in almost every way.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice news.
Too bad they decided the game should be auto-played instead od streamlining the grinding, and dumbed down the Item World.
Disgaea 5 Complete is better in almost every way.
To an extent I agree, but it's interesting how they've added to the game to accommodate it. I've always played Disgaea games like an efficiency problem to max out characters, and the customisation available to the auto mode really is top notch. I wish more games gave you that kind of control over the auto AI. It's a different direction, but it does have some highlights for me at least.

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To an extent I agree, but it's interesting how they've added to the game to accommodate it. I've always played Disgaea games like an efficiency problem to max out characters, and the customisation available to the auto mode really is top notch. I wish more games gave you that kind of control over the auto AI. It's a different direction, but it does have some highlights for me at least.

It's bad that you spend more time waiting for a programmed DI to complete than actually playing the game.
IMO, it's a bad path they've chosen. For the player and for the world itself even, since people WILL be leaving their PCs/consoles on for the auto-grinding, and most likely go way further than they would by actually playing the game.

However, that ultimately depends on how you view the game. Maxing characters was never my goal.
After the obvious story clear, defeating the final 0 star Baal was the objective #1, and completing the item lists with all rarities was #2.

I do admit that they've added quite a bit amount of great QoL changes, but the game feels hollow.
And the added numbers for the sake of more numbers are a huge step down.
It's like they've chosen the (subjectively, but the general populace seem to share my views) worst parts of the game to focus on.

Again, D5 is better in almost every other way. It's maybe slightly worse when it comes to the plot, but that's it.
The performance, number of classes, overall fun of (actually) playing, item world, chara world, all much better on D5.

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's bad that you spend more time waiting for a programmed DI to complete than actually playing the game.
IMO, it's a bad path they've chosen. For the player and for the world itself even, since people WILL be leaving their PCs/consoles on for the auto-grinding, and most likely go way further than they would by actually playing the game.

However, that ultimately depends on how you view the game. Maxing characters was never my goal.
After the obvious story clear, defeating the final 0 star Baal was the objective #1, and completing the item lists with all rarities was #2.

I do admit that they've added quite a bit amount of great QoL changes, but the game feels hollow.
And the added numbers for the sake of more numbers are a huge step down.
It's like they've chosen the (subjectively, but the general populace seem to share my views) worst parts of the game to focus on.

Again, D5 is better in almost every other way. It's maybe slightly worse when it comes to the plot, but that's it.
The performance, number of classes, overall fun of (actually) playing, item world, chara world, all much better on D5.
It makes me happy you gave Chara World a mention. Everybody else I see talking about Disgaea HATED Chara World in Disgaea 5 but man it was just such a nice little mini game I could hop into.

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It makes me happy you gave Chara World a mention. Everybody else I see talking about Disgaea HATED Chara World in Disgaea 5 but man it was just such a nice little mini game I could hop into.

It is definitely the best minigame on D5 for me.
I like it more than the actual game.

Just like that monopoly minigame on KH:BBS

Reactions: Scarlet

AlineP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could or should release on Xbox too so the more players, the better.

Since they decided not to give it a Switch port, maybe 5 Complete didn't sell well.
Sadly Disgaea 4+ Complete bombed on Xbox so they have no faith on the platfform anymore.
Be careful guys, remember to buy the games otherwise the publishers will stop supporting your platfform.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly Disgaea 4+ Complete bombed on Xbox so they have no faith on the platfform anymore.
Be careful guys, remember to buy the games otherwise the publishers will stop supporting your platfform.
It isn't on Xbox though? It's available via Microsoft but only on PC. And even then it was on Game Pass for the longest time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp