OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, somehow I managed to really screw this up, lol

So I've been doing some translation for this game, and I want to let my friend, who's got an M3 Simply, test out my work. Now, of course, the answer is "release a patch" - however, when using NDS Packer to unpack some of the files to work on them, I also ended up trimming the game's filesize.
hate2.gif

So I've got one 64MB clean ROM and the 56.7MB trimmed one.
Now, using IPS patcher and PPF Studio, respectively, makes the programs whine about the two filesizes not being the same. When I use Tsukuyomi to patch it, I end up with a nasty 61MB patch. I might as well just give out the patched ROM with a filesize like that!

(which, of course, would be the stupid thing to do)

So, if there any way to "un-trim" my old file so it's conveniently patchable?
I remember Deufeufeu's JUS translation project having a nice patcher with a fine, small patch that automatically trimmed the ROM - maybe I'll look into that.

Yeah, it's gonna seriously suck if I have to rebuild the entire thing or something; throwing a dummy file into the game would sure be nice :/

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All right - I've found a version of xdelta for Windows and I wrote an accompanying batch file (so it's almost a one click patch)

I'm kinda proud of my work; but someone on GBAtemp's already translated it ;A;
I actually gave them a shoutout in the readme - this was more of an exercise than anything and my objective was to make a more in-depth translation, in the hopes of being able to translate its (poorly coded) sequel that comes out next month.
tongue.gif

is it still OK to post here?

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's for Naruto Shippuuden: Shinobi Retsuden II. I went up-and-over for it, translating all of Quest Mode, the entire UI outside of Story Mode, and in Story Mode I've translated the story mode dialogue up to the first fight with Sasori.
Speaking of which, I also translated those save-prompts in between "chapters", but not the chapter names themselves (they're actually supposed to be episodes in the Shippuuden storyline)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land