Homebrew RELEASE DIY Switch Fightstick

fluffymadness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
For the people that are interested in custom DIY-Arcadestick building, here's my code that I use for my Nintendo Switch Fightstick.
The whole project is flashable via Arduino IDE.
It has a digital mode, fake analog, and fake analog mode for Super Smash Ultimate Mode with modifier key.
You can use START+SELECT to switch the mode.

The code itself emulates a Pokken Tournament Controller. You connect the microcontroller to a pc or the nintendo switch via usb after flashing. It works on both.
I use it on a pro micro board, because it has enough buttons and is dirt cheap. 2-3 bucks.

Further Info on buidling and flashing the project is found on my github.
github/fluffymadness/ATMega32U4-Switch-Fightstick/

Last edited by fluffymadness,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For the people that are interested in custom DIY-Arcadestick building, here's my code that I use for my Nintendo Switch Fightstick.
It has a digital mode, fake analog, and fake analog mode for Super Smash Ultimate Mode with modifier key.

The code itself emulates a Pokken Tournament Controller. You connect the microcontroller to a pc or the nintendo switch via usb after flashing. It works on both.
I use it on a pro micro board, because it has enough buttons and is dirt cheap. 2-3 bucks.

That's actually pretty cool.
One thing though: Can't you emulate a Pro Controller or GameCube Controller instead? The problem is, that too few games support that Pokken Controller while the two I listed above are literally usable in every single fighting game. :)

fluffymadness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It should work in every game. I tried Megaman, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Odyssey. e.g

This is written on progmems git from where my code Is based upon : .... Unlike the Wii U, which handles these controllers on a 'per-game' basis, the Switch treats the Pokken controller as if it was a Switch Pro Controller. Along with having the icon for the Pro Controller, it functions just like it in terms of using it in other games, apart from the lack of physical controls such as analog sticks, the buttons for the stick clicks, or other system buttons such as Home or Capture....
....What do you mean by 'original descriptors?'
Turns out we can modify the descriptors to expose up to 16 buttons at least. The Switch Pro Controller has 14 buttons on it, and as it turns out, the modified set of descriptors does allow us to enable the use of the most important button.....
(https://github.com/progmem/Switch-Fightstick)

Last edited by fluffymadness,

cumings12

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

hey, not sure if you are still active, might be a long shot, but I was wondering if there is a way to either connect the controller to PS4/5 either natively or via a converter?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)