Apple Do I need to re-jailbreak my iphone to get Cydia working again?

Randamin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Model: Iphone 3G 2nd generation
iOS version: 3.1.3
Modem firmware: 05.12.01
Carrier: T-mobile
Unlock: Yes
Color: White (I don't think this was needed)
Jailbreak method: unknown I bought it used from craigslist and it had already been jailbroke + unlocked.

Basically the situation is during the installation of an app in Cydia an sms came in causing the phone to crash and restart. After that unfortunate event every instance of opening Cydia results in a crash of the app.

Now I have tried various methods online to fix the problem but they don't appear to help. For example, one guide mentions deleting a particular set of files but they are unable to be found using the file browser.

I would prefer a fix that does not involve re-jailbreaking but if thats not possible then I would be willing to do so just as long as I get to keep my unlock.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, Rand.

Well...Do you think you can wait for a little longer? Since the iPhone Dev-Team already have an unlock ready. They're going to release it that same day as the iOS 4.2 update.

If you can wait till then That is what I recommend to you at this moment. But that jailbreak would be un-tethered. And would have to wait for a redsn0w update basically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvWZq1S9x0g +1