Hacking Question do we need a switch with 3.0.0 now? (RCM)

DerProGamer2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah i already was able to boot into linux with the rcm thing which is fusee gelee i think but i didn't know that they would be able to do homebrew with it
i read a bit and i think it will work like booting the switchOS with fusee gelee with a backdoor of some kind so you can install homebrew through that backdoor thus making every firmware exploitable (I think!)
Edit: the backdoor will be the loading of software from sdcard as i have read

Last edited by DerProGamer2000,
D

Deleted-355425

If you have a 4.1.0 or below and dont want to mess around bridging pins on your console then wait on this firmware.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're partially right.

4.1.0 and lower have the availability to use software mods currently (4.1.0 being a slight exception as the software mod is not readily available to the public). Everyone higher has to use a hardware mod or jig. For now, this is where everything is.

You can't, at least not yet. Atmosphere (read, one of it's sysmodules) is capable of loading software off of the SD card now, meaning HB is available to all FWs at this point, however, Scires had to do some freaky stuff to get it to boot, nothing that works well for an enduser. So, just sit tight. It'll be here soon.

Yes, but all firmwares below can use the hardware mod/jig as well. Which in my understanding is a quicker and easier exploit to pull off than say the software mod on the likes of 4.1.0, but of course it requires a physical device of some sort that may cost a few bucks. It's all a give and take.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but all firmwares below can use the hardware mod/jig as well. Which in my understanding is a quicker and easier exploit to pull off than say the software mod on the likes of 4.1.0, but of course it requires a physical device of some sort that may cost a few bucks. It's all a give and take.
I wasn't trying to argue the point that lower FWs only had software, only that they had the option. Some people may not care about having to boot into the OS to launch the exploit if it means they don't have to use a jig.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't trying to argue the point that lower FWs only had software, only that they had the option. Some people may not care about having to boot into the OS to launch the exploit if it means they don't have to use a jig.

Yeah, I was just pointing it out for clarification, that's all.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It’s been proven already sd works loading cfw. Read the threads the guy on the job of developing the cfw has shown a video proving all this information.

This video shows a 1.0.0 Switch and it has been already said that 1.0.0 won't need all the hardmod stuff.
I'm talking about other "low" firmwares like 3.0.0

DerProGamer2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok so i am pretty ok with using wires to short pins on my switch and booting linux (which i have already done).
do i need my 3.0.0 switch to get hb and cfw or can i then do it also with fusee gelee? i would go the route which would be faster or more seamless and easier

Last edited by DerProGamer2000,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
This video shows a 1.0.0 Switch and it has been already said that 1.0.0 won't need all the hardmod stuff.
I'm talking about other "low" firmwares like 3.0.0
I’m just going to finish right here> Have you actually read today’s thread that’s been posted referring to the video or maybe popped by just to have a quick look at the title because obviously you haven’t! Please read or at least find out a bit more information before you answer the comment. The HBL will work on any firmware, regardless!

Last edited by Reecey,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I’m just going to finish right here> Have you actually read today’s thread that’s been posted referring to the video or maybe popped by just to have a quick look at the title because obviously you haven’t! Please read or at least find out a bit more information before you answer the comment. The HBL will work on any firmware, regardless!
I did many hours ago and I'm aware of the fact that all firmwares will get the homebrew menu (everything else would've surprised me).
I was only talking of the way to trigger Fusée Gelée which still seems to differ for different firmwares.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol