Hacking Do you bring your DS + Flashcart to school?

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
cupajoe said:
fst312 said:
i don't have school anymore but i would never bring my flash cart there reason it is illegal to have one of those and i don't want anyone i know to have one.if i tell anyone it will be someone i can trust.you people are taking chances bringing a flash cart to public places.
It's not illegal to own a flash cart. Nobody would rat you out either, you have more chances getting caught with illegal roms posting on here than bringing your flash cart out into public.

As for myself, I've brought my flash cart to school before. I brought it when I was beating Castlevania OoE.
yaynds.gif
i know that my FC is perfectly legal.............but I don't bring MINE becuase I wouldn't play it anyways. lol

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
suckerface said:
lol, i work in the gaming dept of a MAJOR electronics retailer, and i've even shown it to customers and the nintendo rep that comes into our store. I offer it as an idea for customers who want a gaming/music combination but don't want the simplicity of the games on an iPod Touch, nor the size and expense of a laptop/netbook.

p.s. The nintendo rep was actually really interested in it. I've also discussed homebrew on the Wii with him on multiple occasions.
that's what I love about nintendo. they keep a VERY wide mind open to the consumer's ideas.

blanco613

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used to i don't anymore mainly b/c like you i don't have the time
but you will be fine unless your in a school where they do random illegally downloaded rom checks on every kid then you should be fine.

that happened in my school once, they went into everyones stuff looking for illegally downloaded roms any 4 kids were shot b/c they failed to cooperate. i was one of the lucky ones, i forgot my ds that day.

that second statement was a joke . . .

at least pretend to laugh . . .
frown.gif

suckerface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blanco613 said:
but you will be fine unless your in a school where they do random illegally downloaded rom checks on every kid then you should be fine.

that happened in my school once, they went into everyones stuff looking for illegally downloaded roms any 4 kids were shot b/c they failed to cooperate. i was one of the lucky ones, i forgot my ds that day.

frown.gif

haha, where do you live, china or central america?

AtomicBlue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny cause when I do everyones asking me how I can play so many games on one cart. I tell them I hacked my DS lol, they belive me
yaynds.gif

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember the first day I took my DS into school, I'd got it from Nintendo Europe 3 months before its release, someone said to me "is that a DS it cant be", I replyied 'course not, its my "Game and Watch"
laugh.gif

metron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bring it everyday! I usually dont get to play it but today the girl sitting behind me was bragging that she had over 30 DS games! OMG! I just had to get mine out and show off my 136 games. lol! She wondered how I could do that and I told her that I can store all my games on this Micro SD and then put it in this DS card and itll read and let me play all of them! I also told here it would play music, movies, and read text files, and that I made the graphics (I rly did). she was impressed. lol

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I do to. I played in the class most of the times, you know.. spanish, english, physics(sp?), history.. yeah almost every class
tongue.gif

I actually made the DS popular among my friends, who didn't know what it was or thought of it as kiddy crap and LOVED psp's Winning Eleven. Even a few of my friends got a DS and we played mario kart alot during class. It was awesome
smile.gif

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
blanco613 said:

frown.gif
I can imagine them carrying around metal detectors that beep whenever they scan someone who uses LimeWire
laugh.gif

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
LOL Limewire...that reminds me when some idiot on the radio said "Im off to download the new Bond film from Limewire, few weeks later the Gnutella network was screwed...
laugh.gif

oh well uTorrent / Bit Torrent FTW
laugh.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
metron said:
I bring it everyday! I usually dont get to play it but today the girl sitting behind me was bragging that she had over 30 DS games! OMG! I just had to get mine out and show off my 136 games. lol! She wondered how I could do that and I told her that I can store all my games on this Micro SD and then put it in this DS card and itll read and let me play all of them! I also told here it would play music, movies, and read text files, and that I made the graphics (I rly did). she was impressed. lol
I wish I had an opportunity to hit on girls like that in high school
tongue.gif

When I was in high school there was no DS, or Internet for that matter.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I so want to join the GBAtemp Ninjas so badly :wtf:

I wonder how you can join...

==

Metal Detectors? I will laugh when that happens. But what I like about my school is that the people respect your privacy. As long as it isn't anything too bad.

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I use lmp-ng on the regular because I'm cheap. It also makes selling them for a profit much easier when they can get a test run with it.

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
LOL DS hit on girls

U dont know how many people actually used sprung the dating game for tips on how to hit on women when I was at school...
laugh.gif

eltrut

Trophies
XP
Country
I sure did. It was probably part of the reason for me only scraping a pass
tongue.gif

No hitting on girls for me with it though...

eltrut

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, if it works, it works.

Never thought it would actually work though (on 18 year olds at least).

metron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eltrut said:
Hey, if it works, it works.

Never thought it would actually work though (on 18 year olds at least).
Im actually 15 and she is 14 I believe. but I was shocked that it worked too! lol have to get out my DS more often during school.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Lol he's right +1