Do you still use video game rental services?

Caleck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'know what that library thing actually sounds pretty nice. Maybe I should give rentals a try again!

I've always preferred to own the games but switch games in particular have a ridiculously static price.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No because they don't exist anymore. A gamefly subscription is not a rental. A rental is where you go into a local store grab a game and pay a small sum of money and agree to return it on a certain date. Gamefly is a subscription where you can keep the game as long as you want, as long as you keep paying the subscription. Not even close to the same thing.
Back when there were plenty of rental services around me that would order in from central/a catalogue upon request, and if they had extra stock or nobody requested it would roll over your rental costs.

Even without that I can't get to your definition of rental as being the only one, just a common model.

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're using a service like Gamepass you're renting games. So, yes.. I do rent games.
I think videogamedunkey once made the comparison of the blockbuster game pass being the physical older equivalent to game pass in his video called "Video Game Pricing".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==