GCN Dobutsu no Mori e+ (Animal Crossing e+ ) English translation?

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Gbatemp. I am very interested in the Animal Forest e+ that was never released outside of Japan. For those who are unaware, the original game, Dobutsu no Mori (Animal Forest) was released on N64, and ported to the Gamecube later on for release worldwide. Then, Nintendo of Japan loved the localization so much, they RETRANSLATED the translated version for USA, and released it with more extras as Dobutsu no Mori e+ (the original Japanese version didn't have e reader support, and ours did, so their addition gave it the name). We never saw the N64 release, however, the good folks at Emutalk have been working on a translation patch for the N64 Dobutsu no Mori here:

http://www.emutalk.net/threads/14426-animal-forest-translation

It's almost complete, in its bugfixing state. Apparently it was a simple "copy paste and edit a bit" type job, where formatting was all very similar between the two titles... so I thought about it... it shouldn't be impossible to translate Dobutsu no Mori e+, right? If cross platform is fairly simple, why not attempt to translate the superior Gamecube version?

If there has been one, please tell me. If not, are there any people here with some Gamecube ISO hacking under their belts? Perhaps we could get something started if there is enough interest in this. If not, well, when I become fluent in Japanese, I'll finally be able to play the damn game. :P

Reactions: SLiV3R

goobicous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I guess this is a similar question Schlupi, but I recently bought the game and an action replay for the region unlock to play it, and I was wondering if anyone answered that previous question and if anyone knows of an action replay cheat translation of the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1