Hardware Dock mode no video signal

Priyam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So this started today. Everything was working till yesterday. My dock charges my switch , and when I put into it, the screen goes blank as it is just supposed to go. The TV recognises that something is connected. Named the HDMI as Nintendo switch just like always but then says no video signal found. Upon docking n undocking several times, the switch home screen appeared on the TV for 2 sec twice then again no video signal. Pls help

blk_2sday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to thread jack but im having the same issue and I tried many things, bought a new dock set, nothing changed. tried two different TVs, nothing.
is there a physical fix if say a short were to happen in a docked switch that would cause a no video condition? (still works in handheld and charges normally)

Sent from my portable computing device from a underdeveloped country.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there a blinking green light on your dock when you have the Switch docked? If so, I had the same problem.

Here's how I fixed it:
1. Unplug everything from your dock, make sure your Switch is undocked as well.
2. Plug your AC adapter into wall power, and then into the dock.
3. Plug your HDMI cable into your dock, and then into your T.V.
4. Dock Switch, hopefully, it will work...

blk_2sday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i'm afraid it's more than just that. is there any Homebrew that let me check for functionality or modules on the motherboard besides the SoC?

blk_2sday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I fixed my issue, I was hype as F when it started working. I recently disassembled my switch (to change the housing) unknowingly, I disassembled further into the switch than I needed to and thought I screwed up the reassembly. so the issue was that the highlighted areas in my photo of my switch are the place where the heatsink get installed, apparently, they are either grounds or logic + or -. as soon as I tightened down the screws a bit more, everything started working again...

except my card reader. im sure I've read something somewhere about not disconnecting it but can't remember. wont read carts, if I attempt to read a cart console gets laggy while attempting to read.
af076462332be118505e3b49f963ca57.jpg

WadsRUs

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good that you fixed yours, curious 'how' you fixed it though as there are other screws that ensure a good connection to the metal frame (those either side of the USB C connector for example). I'm wondering if you instead have a dodgy connection somewhere (bad solder joint) and tightening down those screws simply flexed the board a little and (temporarily) made good the connection. I say this because I recently repaired a Switch with no HDMI video output when docked, I ended up replacing the USB chip (on the rear of the board, chip info: PI3USB30532ZLE) but that didn't help. So I put back the old chip and the HDMI video was back. Looks like it was a bad factory solder joint in my case.

As for your cart port, did you disconnect it at any stage? There's no reason why it can't be removed, I've done this on quite a few from Switches that I've repaired, put them back in again and all is well. Check that the wide Flat Flex Cable is properly inserted into its connector, that the pins are good and clean and not damaged, that the plastic locking clip is pushed down (be careful, they break fairly easily!). The same applies to the press to fit connector - if you misalign that (easy to do!) and press down too hard you can bend pins. In short, be careful, the connectors in the Switch are very small and easy to break. Check inside the cart slot too - is it clean?

Reactions: fringle

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Having every channel is fun lol
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    Actually, finally found someone who was looking for the same thing. https://gbatemp.net/threads/lost-hyrule-warriors-legends-v1-6-0-ntr-plugin.628141/ to no avail.
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    well, sorry for bugging yall with this.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sup nerds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sup dawg, watching old rap vids so feel like I gotta talk...Real
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    Hi there, it's any way to recover original LFCS if I don't have a NAND backup?
    Bought second hand 3DS, it seems it was "unbanned" but that was before I bought it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got these in today for $20 stink buds they aren't that bad https://a.co/d/fOMSn8g
    +1
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my asshole every time I shit, or if i have my toilet seatbelt on.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my...