Hacking Question Does anybody have a tutorial on bending the paperclip?

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought a ton of paperclips to finally get my 4.10 switch running on homebrew, but when I stick it into the joycon rail it just starts the switch up like normal, does anybody have a tip on how to exactly bend it?

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a ton of paperclips to finally get my 4.10 switch running on homebrew, but when I stick it into the joycon rail it just starts the switch up like normal, does anybody have a tip on how to exactly bend it?
You're better off buying/making a jig if you can't get the clip to bend properly. It's dangerous to just stick the clip in there.

If you're hard-pressed on doing this, you're better off checking the tutorial section for the Switch. It's why it's there.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well its in like this, but when I hold vol up and power it just boots like normal
20180511_224920.jpg

bones123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Once you find a paper clip or a small piece of wire that fits in there, and isn't covered with plastic, take your phone's flashlight and aim it inside the rail. Take a good look at where the pins are, and make sure you're grounding the pin on the far right side. Check that it's actually touching the pin, and not just jammed to the bottom, plastic part of the rail.

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well i've been trying it and it doesnt seem to work. Either my macbook doesnt like my switch or the paperclip isnt conductive

bones123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's definitely not your MacBook. You'll know you get into RCM when you put the paperclip in, and then hold the Volume + button and hit the Power button, then nothing happens on the screen. If your console boots, you're doing it wrong. If you have a twist tie or something like that, try peeling the plastic off of the wire and using that. That's what I use and it works perfectly every time.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well i've been trying it and it doesnt seem to work. Either my macbook doesnt like my switch or the paperclip isnt conductive
you will know you are in rcm when the display stays dark.
do it like thise:
- Short the pin
- press and hold vol + and Plugin the usb cable
- Switch should saty off, if it turns on remove cable , adjust the jumper and repeat step 1 and 2.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's definitely not your MacBook. You'll know you get into RCM when you put the paperclip in, and then hold the Volume + button and hit the Power button, then nothing happens on the screen. If your console boots, you're doing it wrong. If you have a twist tie or something like that, try peeling the plastic off of the wire and using that. That's what I use and it works perfectly every time.
why do people insist on using the power button, just plugin the usb cable is much easier imo.

Reactions: T-Error

13_Switch_Hacker_37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the first time I'm coming out and saying it, but I had a lot of difficult bending the paperclip. I just couldn't seem to do it right.

I started using P90X, drinking more water, and taking 30g of whey protein a day while I did a clean bulk and in four months I had no problem bending the paperclip.

So don't worry about where you are right now, focus on your goals and you will get there. I believe in you.

P.S. check out r/fitness, as well as the 5x5 program. Those are fantastic resources geared towards beginners like us.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the first time I'm coming out and saying it, but I had a lot of difficult bending the paperclip. I just couldn't seem to do it right.

I started using P90X, drinking more water, and taking 30g of whey protein a day while I did a clean bulk and in four months I had no problem bending the paperclip.

So don't worry about where you are right now, focus on your goals and you will get there. I believe in you.

P.S. check out r/fitness, as well as the 5x5 program. Those are fantastic resources geared towards beginners like us.
I hate you. :rofl:

Reactions: 13_Switch_Hacker_37

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I know a permanent way
Smash the pins with a hammer as hard as you can

So, does that assbite feel good?
251d062489aef5d79a81ba66c9c83f15.jpg

Buy a jig, $5.00.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto