Hacking Dolphin Benchmark Thread

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,278
  • Replies 39
D

Deleted User

OP
I Made this Thread so people can post the games they tested at what FPS Rate Etc.

Need For Speed Underground: 8 to 10 Fps In Game (Menu Runs with 30 Fps)
New Super Mario Wii : Around 20 Fps In Game

All those Games runs with Stock Speeds

i will add the newest games to this list so please post your Results

This is Dolphin running on Linux Switch.

There is no Vulkan API Atm or any non Linux Port of Dolphin.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
Would like to ask Skies of Arcadia Legends & Tales of Symphonia benchmarks, outta sheer curiosity.

Brasse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Would be nice if we could have all videos of GC/wii games emulated in one thread. I will try to post them here when i get home.

Last edited by Brasse,
Reactions: Deleted User

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Am I right in assuming that hardware acceleration should give these results a massive boost? Or is this pretty much close to what we should expect?

D

Deleted User

OP
Am I right in assuming that hardware acceleration should give these results a massive boost? Or is this pretty much close to what we should expect?

well thats another issue , atm we are running with HW i just dont know how we could get some more FPS vulkan is not supported by mesa atm also Dolphin is very CPU Hungry

crow132

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
oh boy, this again

im gonna be honest with you, with a 1ghz cpu you will NEVER EVER get dolphin to a playable state, you should forget about it completly, vulkan wont change a thing

If you want to hope for a gamecube emulator on switch, it gotta come from nintendo, like sony did with the psx on psp

end of the story

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you run your games at 720p res? Or did you use 480p like the old native resolution?

I have a Nvidia Shield TV (as you know it has the same Tegra chip), and Dolphin's performance is very hit and miss with games. Some games run perfectly, others are a bit slow. And what's worth pointing out is that the Nvidia Shield TV runs at a higher clock speed than the Switch. So in that case, the idea of getting Gamecube and Wii games running well on the Switch doesnt look promising.

Having said that, maybe the performance might be better if it ran through the Switch's own OS Horizon. Or we could hope Nintendo make their own optimised emulator that someone cracks.

D

Deleted User

OP
Did you run your games at 720p res? Or did you use 480p like the old native resolution?

I have a Nvidia Shield TV (as you know it has the same Tegra chip), and Dolphin's performance is very hit and miss with games. Some games run perfectly, others are a bit slow. And what's worth pointing out is that the Nvidia Shield TV runs at a higher clock speed than the Switch. So in that case, the idea of getting Gamecube and Wii games running well on the Switch doesnt look promising.

Having said that, maybe the performance might be better if it ran through the Switch's own OS Horizon. Or we could hope Nintendo make their own optimised emulator that someone cracks.

can you tell me the games with the best perfomance ?

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didnt try many. Maybe like 3-4 games. Zelda Four Swords Adventures and Megaman X Collection ran perfectly, but they're 2D games. :D
Mario Sunshine struggled a bit, and I tried a few WWE games which also struggled a little themselves.

All of these were under 60fps. So maybe if we locked them to 30fps, they might be playable. Zelda BOTW runs at 30fps and that's fine, so I guess if we don't aim for 60fps, it might be possible.

D

Deleted User

OP
switch@switch:~$ lscpu | grep MHz

CPU max MHz: 1912.5000

CPU min MHz: 204.0000

Thats what my Switch Outputted , does Linux Overclock the CPU ?

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if Dolphin Ishiiruka would help getting better performances. Has anyone tried this yet?
Was about to suggest that build. Is there even a linux version of it?
oh boy, this again

im gonna be honest with you, with a 1ghz cpu you will NEVER EVER get dolphin to a playable state, you should forget about it completly, vulkan wont change a thing

If you want to hope for a gamecube emulator on switch, it gotta come from nintendo, like sony did with the psx on psp

end of the story
You could still get "decent" frame rates by dissabling in game effects and features or just by playing with the emulator settings.

D

Deleted User

OP
Checked my Switch with Dolphin Running and thats the CPU Clock Results

CPU~Quad core (-MCP-) speed~1734 MHz Kernel~4.16.0-rc1-g0213fa0fb-dirty aarch64 Up~34 min Mem~1679.2/3431.0MB HDD~NA(-) Procs~200 Client~Shell inxi~2.3.56

So the switch clocks almost like the Nvidia Shield , so it must be another reason why things wont go good atm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!