Emulation Dolphin on RetroArch unresponsive.

PattyFatty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you see something I haven't done, please for the love of God tell me.

So far this only happens on every GameCube game. Sometimes I can get into a game for a few minutes.

For weeks I've tried to fix it. Logging to file doesn't bring anything interesting up either.
I've also enabled all logging settings and verbosity in the dolphin-specific folder in systems/User.

There are no error or warning lines.
The last logged line is related to boot U code.

It happens independent of the version in RA as far as I can tell. I've tried every setting imaginable and version 1.9.13 with cores folder from libretro buildbot onwards. Read ahead and rewind is disabled ofc. Vulkan, D3D11 and GL/GLCore. I've downloaded the systems/dolphin-emu/Sys folder from GitHub every time.

In core options, I've tried all the shader compilation options. It crashes even with default core options

I've also deleted everything and rebuilt the system, saves, and configs completely. As well as re-ripped games.

In Windows I have cleanly installed Windows 10 LTSC, Windows 11 Pro, and Revision OS 11. Same on all, no other software was installed first except the latest VC runtimes and dx9 June 2010.

I have disabled Defender in group policy in the Windows versions that still had it. I've also run DDU and Nvcleanstall more times than I can count now. I've tried every graphics driver from Nvidia driver 515 onwards.

I've installed motherboard drivers from the website and from SDIO with clean reinstalls between.

According to LatencyMon, OCCT, AIDA64 Stability Test, as well as 24-hour sessions of Furmark, Prime95, and Memtest86, my system should be fine. No problems with anything else.

ASUS Z690 PRIME D4
12900KS
RTX3080
16GB 3200MHZ DDR4

Last edited by PattyFatty,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.