• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Donald Trump indicted on federal charges related to handling of classified documents

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 8,911
  • Replies 169
  • Likes 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has nothing to do with "the powers that be," everything to do with the fact that nobody should be permitted to run again after being careless with nuclear secrets and military intelligence, or even worse, selling them to the highest bidder. That said, triggering the 14th amendment may require congressional action, at which point it would almost certainly stall. I have no doubt the Republican party, spinless as it is now, would allow Trump to run from prison or even Russia if he managed to maintain a slim lead over DeSantis.

literally all of those things are conspiracies, just so you know, its weird how the left clings to them when it meets their needs, but otherwise chooses to debase anyone when it doesnt. Also, yes absolutely it is about the powers that be as there is literally by definition, no case here. Im also not sure where the 14th amendment comes into play, i guess the argument is even presidents can be held accountable, and thats true, but there really need to asterisks that say " where a case actually exists."

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
literally all of those things are conspiracies, just so you know
God forbid you read even a small segment of the indictment. Motherfucker had COPIERS in some of the same rooms he was storing top secret documents, and the rooms were of course not at all secure either. Whether you want to plead idiocy or nefariousness on his behalf, he cannot be permitted to come anywhere near these types of documents again, for the sake of national security.

Reactions: KingVamp

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God forbid you read even a small segment of the indictment. Motherfucker had COPIERS in some of the same rooms he was storing top secret documents, and the rooms were of course not at all secure either. Whether you want to plead idiocy or nefariousness on his behalf, he cannot be permitted to come anywhere near these types of documents again, for the sake of national security.

So do you wanna plead idiocy to the fact the room was in fact secured as it was in fact revealed that secured the room to the standard of the feds? or how about the part where that is by definition, a big foot level conspiracy, You are becoming the Maga conspiracy theorist you hate so much, go ahead, tell me that 5g was a factor too.

• Haha

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So do you wanna plead idiocy to the fact the room was in fact secured as it was in fact revealed that secured the room to the standard of the feds? or how about the part where that is by definition, a big foot level conspiracy, You are becoming the Maga conspiracy theorist you hate so much, go ahead, tell me that 5g was a factor too.
The cope is real. Federal prosecutors don't deal in conspiracies, this specific prosecutor least of all, and there's mountains of hard evidence against your messiah here. You've demanded Trump's political opponents be jailed for far less than what he's accused of, but I suppose hypocrisy is par for the course on the right.

Reactions: KingVamp

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cope is real. Federal prosecutors don't deal in conspiracies, this specific prosecutor least of all, and there's mountains of hard evidence against your messiah here. You've demanded Trump's political opponents be jailed for far less than what he's accused of, but I suppose hypocrisy is par for the course on the right.

well im not a member of the right, so i have no idea, but its not coping, its an observation, do you know by chance what the term " projecting means?" because tbh i think you are doing that right now after what happened with the durham report.

• Haha

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
well im not a member of the right, so i have no idea, but its not coping, its an observation, do you know by chance what the term " projecting means?" because tbh i think you are doing that right now after what happened with the durham report.
Yeah...whatever you think projecting means, that ain't it. Projection can't manifest a federal indictment or the supporting evidence. What this is, is you in denial.

RetroGen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I’m going to ignore the rest of the post because it’s moralistic rambling, and I have no interest in that - this is a thread about legal proceedings, not about Trump’s character.
Ethics is at the foundation of law and politics; without solid ethical grounding, neither has the potential for human flourishing. It seems reasonable to take disregard for ethics as implying disregard for justice, and that seems to be in evidence here. Amorality is compatible with Machiavellianism, psychopathy, and sociopathy, but incompatible with any coherent or defensible notion of justice. I am concerned about ethics and justice and have little interest in discourse with apparently amoral interlocutors.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Character evidence is a thing in legal proceedings though.
Character evidence is used to support pre-existing evidence and/or strengthen/weaken witness testimony, it’s not evidence in and out of itself. Nobody gets put in jail for being a meanie, you still need evidence of actual guilt. It would be inherently unethical to assume that someone is guilty of a crime because we “don’t like them”, either guilt can be proven beyond reasonable doubt or it cannot - that’s the legal standard in the United States. Everyone deserves due process, a fair trial in a court of law and a judgement based on the preponderance of evidence. Other than that you’re correct, all we’ll get here is a flame war.

Reactions: WalterSlovotsky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...