'Don't say gay' bill has passed the Tennessee Senate

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
_Chaz_ said:
I don't get it, what's wrong with the word "gay"?
This seems much more offensive than just allowing people to say the word "gay". It's like censoring a culture.

If you read the article, or the bill itself, it's not just the word, but discussing Homosexuality altogether that has been barred.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
_Chaz_ said:
I don't get it, what's wrong with the word "gay"?
This seems much more offensive than just allowing people to say the word "gay". It's like censoring a culture.

If you read the article, or the bill itself, it's not just the word, but discussing Homosexuality altogether that has been barred.
So it's not like censoring a culture... it IS censoring a culture.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
30084pm said:
only in america
rolleyes.gif
can't tell if trolling or just extremely retarded.

let me fix it for you.

only in america
and afghanistan, and iraq, and iran, and lebanon, and nigeria, and sri lanka, and uganda, and egypt, and costa rica, and about 30 other primarily african countries.
americans don't always (if ever) agree with american government. that's a very common misconception among you euro teens.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Shabutie78 said:
30084pm said:
only in america
rolleyes.gif

let me fix it for you.

only in america
and afghanistan, and iraq, and iran, and lebanon, and nigeria, and sri lanka, and uganda, and egypt, and costa rica, and about 30 other primarily african countries.
americans don't always (if ever) agree with american government. that's a very common misconception among you euro teens.

...why do you even compare the US to third-world countries?

That's like... worse than the post you're responding to. That's like being happy with bathing in crap instead of having a shower of mud.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
smile72 said:
This bill forbids Tennessee public school teachers and students in K-8 from discussing the fact that some people happen to be gay.

telling someone in the US what they can and can not say is unconstitutional. this bill is fucking bullshit. i personally feel that kids k-7 do not need to be discussing sexual orientation at all at their age, that still doesn't mean that you can ban an entire topic.

-another world

And telling someone they can't marry someone that they love just because of sexual orientation should be unconstitutional as well, but so long as you have a bunch of right wing Jesus loves me pro war anti marijuana gun slinging hicks constantly bitching about same sex marriage, there will never be social progress in the US. Maybe if you had some politicians with the balls to tell those kinds of people off, we wouldn't have people crying foul over homosexuals not getting their rights from the government.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Foxi4 said:
Shabutie78 said:
30084pm said:
only in america
rolleyes.gif

let me fix it for you.

only in america

That's like... worse than the post you're responding to. That's like being happy with bathing in crap instead of having a shower of mud.

The way Americans treat homosexuals is the same way some Arabic nations treat their women, which is like absolute garbage. There will never be equality anywhere until women and men are treated equally in every aspect of society and same sex marriage is accepted by governments. Social progress will never happen so long as people think it's acceptable to shove their ideals down our throats because they happen to be religious and it's something they don't like.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Foxi4 said:
Shabutie78 said:
30084pm said:
only in america
rolleyes.gif

let me fix it for you.

only in america

The way Americans treat homosexuals is the same way some Arabic nations treat their women, which is like absolute garbage. There will never be equality anywhere until women and men are treated equally in every aspect of society and same sex marriage is accepted by governments. Social progress will never happen so long as people think it's acceptable to shove their ideals down our throats because they happen to be religious and it's something they don't like.
Uh...why do you say "they"? You're American, too.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should learn to read better then. Why would I want to live in a country with such horrible ignorance towards it's own people? Sure, my government doesn't support same sex marriage, but then again they are also a bunch of right wing idiots as well.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
You should learn to read better then. Why would I want to live in a country with such horrible ignorance towards it's own people? Sure, my government doesn't support same sex marriage, but then again they are also a bunch of right wing idiots as well.
America isn't a country...are you trolling?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
trumpet-205 said:
What happened to the freedom of speech?

What's up with people demanding it?

You have the freedom of speech and others have the freedom of not listening to what you have to say because they don't care. Freedom of speech is a tired concept - whenever something's banned, people throw the freedom of speech card like it's the answer to every single problem of the world.

Sexual orientation is not a matter of scholar discussion - you discover it when you grow up. Schools just explain how it's "meant to be done" a'la nature's design, that's all.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
DSGamer64 said:
Clearly you can't read anything in regards to the fact that I am not American. Stop posting, you are wasting bandwidth with your nonsense.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
DSGamer64 said:
machomuu said:
DSGamer64 said:
Clearly you can't read anything in regards to the fact that I am not American. Stop posting, you are wasting bandwidth with your nonsense.

He meant that America is not a country but a continent, and you happen to inhabit it. You're Canadian, aren't you?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
trumpet-205 said:

Freedom of speech is the biggest bunch of BS in the US constitution. People cry foul over censorship and whine about not getting their free speech when they say something that is nothing more then bigotry, ignorance or racism. There is no such thing as free speech, because if you could freely speak exactly what you wanted to, anything related to race, gender or sexual orientation would not likely get you arrested.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
DSGamer64 said:
trumpet-205 said:

Freedom of speech is the biggest bunch of BS in the US constitution. People cry foul over censorship and whine about not getting their free speech when they say something that is nothing more then bigotry, ignorance or racism. There is no such thing as free speech, because if you could freely speak exactly what you wanted to, anything related to race, gender or sexual orientation would not likely get you arrested.

I would ask you kindly to please refrain from posting such ignorant statements about a country you don't even live in.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Foxi4 said:
DSGamer64 said:
machomuu said:
DSGamer64 said:

He meant that America is not a country but a continent, and you happen to inhabit it. You're Canadian, aren't you?
What does my post that he quoted have anything to do with America not being a country? Absolutely nothing.

Clearly people don't understand how things can be implied, either that or they are too stupid to comprehend proper uses of the English language in order to converse. Americans are ignorant towards their own people, because of things like race and sexual orientation, clearly some people can't read between the lines and understand what someone is saying despite the fact that it's very easy to understand. Kids need to go back to school and stop spending all their time on forums until they can learn to comprehend the English language properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMSPaHhmbI +1