Gaming Downgrade 4.3U to 4.1U

johw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was wondering if it is possible to downgrade from version 4.3u to 4.1u? what is the procedure and care?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
many people say that the 4.1U version is the best of all, I wanted to test and take the test
There's no reason not to be on 4.3. You're not going to notice a difference.

If you want to downgrade, install a non-stubbed IOS60, quadruple check with sysCheck that you don't have a stubbed IOS60 installed, and then install the 4.1 system menu wad. There is seriously no reason whatsoever to do this, however, and unless you have bootmii installed as boot2, you risk bricking the Wii.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

many people say that the 4.1U version is the best of all, I wanted to test and take the test

ModMii can help you.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And as @Lacius pointed out,please be sure you have Priiloader and BootMii (as boot2 or if not possible as IOS but that is not really helpful if you have a Brick...) installed before you do the Downgrade.:)

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on 4.1 for years and finally updated to 4.3 so I wouldn't have to worry about fixing something if I updated accidentally in the future. I can assure you nothing broke and there was no noticeable difference between 4.1 and 4.3. IIRC The only reason 4.1 was the superior firmware for years was because you could install bootmii as boot2, but now you can have bootmii as boot2 for any Wii. It's possible to downgrade, but there's really no benefit and you risk bricking the system.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
thank you guys your tips are worth a lot

Edit:
@Lacius
@rogerioronin
IOS60 (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
my wii without stubbed IOS60
can I install wad 4.1 through WiiModLite v1.7?
If you are 100% certain you have this IOS60 installed already, then all you need to install is the 4.1 system menu for your region. I recommend using some yawmm mod, as it will check if your system menu IOS (IOS60 in this case) is stubbed or missing before allowing you to install a new system menu.

Be sure to reinstall Priiloader afterwards as it will be removed when you install a new system menu

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cite one example. I guarantee you no one with a clue suggests 4.1U is the best of all. And as others have pointed out, there is no benefit to going back from 4.3. But if you want to run the risk of bricking your Wii and/or wasting time for absolutely no gain whatsoever, feel free.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Most people will say there is nothing to be gained with system menu 4.2 or 4.3, so I can see how other people may misinterpret that to believe 4.1 is somehow better. If you are one 4.1, 4.2, or 4.3, just stay there. If you're on a lower firmware, you should ideally update to 4.1, 4.2, or 4.3.

If you needlessly change firmwares, you are needlessly taking additional (very minor) risks - mainly the risk of power loss at critical moment (or risk of user error)

Last edited by XFlak,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @MysticStarlight, Hello, MysticStarlight