Not open for further replies.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:
fogbank said:
notDVDX34 downloads IOS35 content from NUS servers, so you still need to be online (in my experience anyway).

Damn it. no way to download the tik cert etc to a 00000001 style folder on sd card?

Of course you could download the content but I don't think the DVDX installer is coded to look for the content on SD (I didn't try it though).

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
KiiWii said:
Smashbro29 said:
Bump (I know it might be spam but I really want an answer I'e been at this for 2 days now)

skip to step 5, start from there.

Put all the apps mentioned into folders on an sd card to use with HBC.

Follow the guide, but launching from hbc in order instead of loadmii.

Edit: on a side note, does notDVDX34 still have the pirate error message? and if not, can this all be done offline now?
You could do this offline:
- use notDVDx to reset the IOS35 version to 0 and shutdown the console after "E.." appears;
- use WAD Manager to install IOS35 v1040;
- download all the "right" IOSes with NUSD (you can see the right versions in the IOS PatchMii Downgrader source code) and patch IOSes>36 with freethebug;
- use WAD Manager 1.4 (selecting IOS35) to install a cIOS WAD to workaround the limitation that doesn't allow you to overwrite newer IOSes with older ones;
- use WAD Manager 1.4 again selecting IOS249 and install all of the IOS WADs (if something goes wrong during the installation of IOS60 and you don't have bootmii as boot2, you're screwed).

Link2999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so before trying to do this I wanted to check in. Right now I'm at the latest firmware and already have an older version of The Homebrew Channel installed. The current installation doesn't allow me to upgrade via an WiFi connection so I tried to upgrade manually, a no go. This is due to the current firmware on my Wii. Right now I have my files on my SD card erased (and backed up) and the card is formatted with FAT32. Should I just write over the current installation of The Homebrew channel or what? Then after it's installed can I upgrade via WiFi from now on (on 4.0)?

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:
Smashbro29 said:
Bump (I know it might be spam but I really want an answer I'e been at this for 2 days now)

skip to step 5, start from there.

Put all the apps mentioned into folders on an sd card to use with HBC.

Follow the guide, but launching from hbc in order instead of loadmii.

Edit: on a side note, does notDVDX34 still have the pirate error message? and if not, can this all be done offline now?
What's BannerBomb and do I need it?

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:
Smashbro29 said:
if could give me directions how to do this without bannerbomb that'd be awesome.

QUOTE(Smashbro29 @ May 25 2009, 05:18 PM) whats banner bomb and do i need it?.

I give up.

I don't think I'm saying this right. I have homebrew installed when I had 3.4 then I updated to 4.0 and the HBC still works, but I want to downgrade to 3.2. And this banner bomb thing is getting me confused because I'm VERY VERY new to this.

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Davi92 said:
Smashbro29 said:
KiiWii said:
sorry my net went down.

Use HBC to load anything it says from step 5 onwards.
The notdvd34x thingy just says
E........
not dvdx34 by: I forget the name
Proceed with step 6...
It freezes and the only way out is to unplug the wii. i waited 6 minutes how long shoudl that take?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Smashbro29 said:
Davi92 said:
Smashbro29 said:
KiiWii said:
sorry my net went down.

Use HBC to load anything it says from step 5 onwards.
The notdvd34x thingy just says
E........
not dvdx34 by: I forget the name
Proceed with step 6...
It freezes and the only way out is to unplug the wii. i waited 6 minutes how long shoudl that take?
Unplug the Wii and proceed
wink2.gif

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Smashbro29 said:
I unplugged my wii at that point. then proceeded to patchmii and it said patchmii by-etc.. and freezes AGAIN! do I go onto the next one or is something wrong?
If it crashes before it initializes network and you're using HBC, maybe there is something wrong with your WiFi connection. Is it correctly configured in the Wii settings? However, I think that you have an "unsoftmoddable" (LU64) Wii, and it fails when it tries to load IOS35. Is it a new console? See on the sticker under the Wii and tell me how the serial number starts.

Yyhhggtt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smashbro29 said:
I have a launch day wii LU10

QUOTE(Smashbro29 @ May 25 2009, 04:48 PM) I just checked and my wii internet is working just fine. I tried the last step and it said initializing then freezes. I'm at a total loss.
(^Double posting much? Use "Edit"^)
So I can downgrade and still use "WiiConnect24"? I hope... I'm afraid of turning it on, xD
EDIT: Well I do have BootMii as boot2 and my NAND dumped... So...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3