Hacking Downgrading CFW 3DS Firmware

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wouldn't start messing around if you do not have the means to recover from a brick.
This mean soldering wires to your 3ds and using a SD card reader to write back a backup NAND.
There is no reason to do that on a 3DS anymore. Anything (and more) what hardmod can do, can also be done with ntrboot.

And then there's me and my N3DS, which I haven't touched since the Switch came out and it's still on v11.7U firmware, the last one without the sneaky telemetry that v11.8U introduced.
Telemetry?🤦‍♀️ https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/11.8.0-41
Not updating is/was rather not and option for people using eShop and/or online gaming.
I've no idea if there are actually games not working on 11.7, but generally not updating a 3DS makes no sense once B9S is installed.
==================

:!: Downgrading experiments are mostly useless and can lead to the console not booting :!:

But as long as B9S is still present – which should be the case thanks to Luma3DS FIRM0/FIRM1 protection – restoring a previously created backup is a trivial thing.
Both, the downgrade, and potentially repairing with NAND restore takes only minutes. Generally very unsafe are downgrades below the version minimal required by the device. That would be
  • 6.0 for O2DS
  • 9.0 for N3DS(XL)
  • 11.5 for N2DSXL

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol