Hacking Homebrew Misc Download Mode with an CFW European 3DS and a CFW USA 3DS

BorkPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Greetings! So, this is the first time that I post a thread or join a forum, and also excuse me if I mess up the grammar cause English is not my main language.

So, I have an USA 2DS and an European 3DS, my brother and me are trying to play Mario Party Island Tour using the Download mode and a message appears saying that one of us have to update the console but both consoles are up to date so, maybe is the region but idk; I've been searching for an answer for this for so long and this is my last resource, I know that I can change the region of the European one but I don't want to since I don't want to mess something up again (I bricked the 3ds once lol).

If anyone have any advice or a solution I'll be pretty happy and thanks, also happy new year everybody!

Attachments

• video_20221229_125119.mp4
    4.4 MB

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're on the latest 3ds firmware 11.16.0.-49?
Not sure if it's necessary to be on the latest though for it to work. The other thing is the game update, maybe it needs it for the Download Play function to work (if it's not already installed).
One other thing is that it could be a case of 2 3ds from different regions can't use the Download Play function with each other, since the 3ds is region locked..
The only solution left if the game update doesn't help, is to mod one of the 3DSs (i assume they're not modded?) and use the game on the modded system, and DP with the 3ds that's from the same region as the cart, maybe?
I know that I can change the region of the European one but I don't want to
I wouldn't recommend it either, if you're gonna do that, just install cfw and that's it. Maybe install the game on the other 3ds too (bypassing the DP)..

BorkPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You're on the latest 3ds firmware 11.16.0.-49?
Not sure if it's necessary to be on the latest though for it to work. The other thing is the game update, maybe it needs it for the Download Play function to work (if it's not already installed).
One other thing is that it could be a case of 2 3ds from different regions can't use the Download Play function with each other, since the 3ds is region locked..
The only solution left if the game update doesn't help, is to mod one of the 3DSs (i assume they're not modded?) and use the game on the modded system, and DP with the 3ds that's from the same region as the cart, maybe?

I wouldn't recommend it either, if you're gonna do that, just install cfw and that's it. Maybe install the game on the other 3ds too (bypassing the DP)..
Both the 3ds and 2ds are up to date and the game is up to date too and, yeah both consoles are modded with the last version of Luma so I suppose that this happens because of the region; I tried to play coop in the New Super Mario Bros 2, the North America versión cause the modded 3ds's are not region locked and it worked, Download Play is the only thing that doesn't work. :(

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both the 3ds and 2ds are up to date and the game is up to date too and, yeah both consoles are modded with the last version of Luma so I suppose that this happens because of the region; I tried to play coop in the New Super Mario Bros 2, the North America versión cause the modded 3ds's are not region locked and it worked, Download Play is the only thing that doesn't work. :(
Try the suggestion i gave you earlier, either install the game on one 3ds and play with the cartridge on another. Or use the NA cart on the EU 3ds and DP from the NA system.
Or try with LumaLocaleSwitcher, not sure if it can affect the Download Play, but it does for the base game. If you do, make sure you have "game patching" enabled in Luma3ds Menu.

BorkPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Try the suggestion i gave you earlier, either install the game on one 3ds and play with the cartridge on another. Or try with LumaLocaleSwitcher, not sure if it can affect the Download Play, but it does for the base game. If you do, make sure you have "game patching" enabled in Luma3ds Menu.
I'll try it, thanks for the answer!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to use Luma Locale Switcher in Nand apps? Talking about Download Play obviously-
I'm not sure if it will work with DP (and safe if it does), but worth a try i guess?
Also, this is the better option imo. 👇
Or use the NA cart on the EU 3ds and DP from the NA system.
This should work, if the NA cart doesn't work on the EU 3ds, use Luma Locale Switcher to yit work (it's safe).

BorkPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm not sure if it will work with DP (and safe if it does), but worth a try i guess?

This should work, if the NA cart doesn't work on the EU 3ds, use Luma Locale Switcher to yit work (it's safe).
I installed a North America versión of Mario Party in the EU 3ds using hShop and it runs but still nothing using DP so I'll try with Luma Locale Switcher
Post automatically merged:

And Luma Locale Switcher with DP throws an error so I think that DP with different regions is just a dream, but anyways thanks!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a North America versión of Mario Party in the EU 3ds using hShop and it runs but still nothing using DP so I'll try with Luma Locale Switcher
The NA 3ds should connect fine from the DP app with the NA Mario Party game. Unless the DP looks for the system's region specifically, and regardless of the region of the game, and it blocks it if it's not the same between both.

BorkPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The NA 3ds should connect fine from the DP app with the NA Mario Party game. Unless the DP looks for the system's region specifically, and regardless of the region of the game, and it blocks it if it's not the same between both.
Probably DP looks for the system region instead of the game region, oh well, it is what it is haha.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
You can do a Ctrtransfer of one 3ds to have both consoles on the same region, had this same problem with a usa N3ds and Eu 2ds. I made a Ctrtransfer to europe for the N3ds and now we can use download play. You will have all your games and saves intact after doing it so there's no harm

Here's the guide if you want to do it https://3ds.hacks.guide/region-changing

Edit: Yes, the 3ds download play sees the systems region before starting the download and if they're not on the same system they have the message to update the firmware regardless of who tries the DP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.