Gaming DQ V worth getting before DQ IX?

-Mew-

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It really depends, the story is different even the game play is somewhat different with no random encounters expect when sailing.

DQ IX is quite a different game. It's newer and more innovative, but it's also more difficult.

So if you like the OLD STYLE DQ games sure go for it.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i think DQ9 is easier
the bosses mostly are craps
only the last boss offers some challenge
the interesting of DQ9 perhaps is the coop and grinding factor

story wise DQ5 will always come stronger than DQ9
DQ9 is just very straight forward
hero just have to follow one straight line and game done

of course if you are comparing on graphic and etc...
DQ9 is really different.. its like a new bench mark for DQ
i guess this is what we will see for Wii DQ10

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I think DQV is worth getting before or after DQIX. DQIX has easily been one of my most anticipated DS games of the past three years, but DQV is just great. The story is so well balanced with humor and sentiment, and if you dig old-school RPG gameplay, it's a great ride. It's also easy on the eyes to boot.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm going with DQ9 because I don't know if the battle system has that retarded "1st person" turn based feel to it. In most cases, I consider turn-based RPG to be the "dry hump" of RPG gaming. Its forgivable in Final Fantasy only because of the 3rd person views where you can see your characters status effects/cast magic instead of it being one giant fail-menu of crap like DQ. And its forgivable in Golden Sun because outside the battle system, the game is basically Zelda (And its a remarkable RPG). On a personal matter I'd say save your money for the Holdays, you're going to need it. I'm really anti-dragon quest. The only blissful DQ experience I've ever had was in the parking lot of Dairy Queen. Atleast Dairy Queen doesn't have Akira Toriyama's stink all over it.

I would invest in a DSTwo.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd say getting it. While DQ4 and 5 are both remakes, and have old school firstperson rpg battles; they're still funner, and more solid than most DS rpgs. If you've ever enjoyed a Dragon Quest, I'd say 4 or 5 is worth it. And by the time 9 is out, I'm sure you'd be able to afford it, through working at a job, doing yard work for money, etc.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried my best to like, as in had to put effort into, DQ5 and I just couldn't do it. I think I did half the game and just stopped out of sheer boredom. DQ4 drew me in though so I don't get it. From what I've read up on DQ9 though it's a better game, also no stupid surprises as the people and enemies walk the map which is a nice change. I think it will come down to style in the end of how you want your RPG handled and just if it has some crappy slow/lul spots or not. I'd go with 9 but that's me.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6 has no mention of localization or date, yet...maybe E3. I wonder if it will be some late 2010 release or into 2011 seeing how the 3DS thing ends up going for everyone. They can't do it mid year as 9 is out in July.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I make rum cake for 4th July every year, I make it a week prior and then soak it in rum in the fridge all week. I flip the cake each day, and add little more rum, it soaks it up everyday, so good.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober". +1