ROM Hack DQ XI 3DS Jap to English Translation

Koulucky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey everyone. I'm willing to do an english translation of the 3ds version of Dragon Quest XI, but I'm new to romhacking. So, could anyone provide me with the necessary tools & files to start translating DQ XI? Help would be much appreciated!

Reactions: WiikeyHacker

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I'm willing to do an english translation of the 3ds version of Dragon Quest XI, but I'm new to romhacking. So, could anyone provide me with the necessary tools & files to start translating DQ XI? Help would be much appreciated!
LOL give up while your at it

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I just want some help with the technical aspects. I have a lotta free time and I'm willing to translate all the text myself, I just don't know much on the technical side.
Then u need to figure it all out on your own and make tools if needed

Koulucky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Because in your mind needing some help with the technical side means I want someone else to do it for me...

luigismentor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What he's trying (and failing) to explain is that 3DS hacking is such unknown territory, that if you have to ask how to get started, it's likely your idea is beyond the scope of your abilities. You may have to take some time to learn programming in general (in which case, I've heard that romhacking.net has some good tutorials) before you can start translating a 3DS game.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its also that this gets asked over and over again so many times on here. And about least 99% of the time the OP has very little to no programming experience both for 3ds programming and programming in general. This is turn usually leads to ridicule as the lot of posts then usually come off as a make me this thread. These things can take years to complete and no one wants to waste their time on such futile things.

Reactions: Shadow#1

Koulucky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What he's trying (and failing) to explain is that 3DS hacking is such unknown territory, that if you have to ask how to get started, it's likely your idea is beyond the scope of your abilities. You may have to take some time to learn programming in general (in which case, I've heard that romhacking.net has some good tutorials) before you can start translating a 3DS game.

Thanks for telling me, I didn't know 3DS hacking is unknown territory.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for telling me, I didn't know 3DS hacking is unknown territory.

I wouldn't say it is, I imagine people are just being so pessimistic due to requests like this every other week that go no where.

I would start with getting the ROM unpacked, if you can't work that step out with all the tutorials around I'd be worried and on top of that I believe all the files for this DQ are in PACK file, I'm unsure if it's a known format or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P