ROM Hack Draglade 2 translation project

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm about the Character names i think they are graphics too or they are using a custom font because i found the name (script_data_596.bin.lz77) but after changing they are not showed in the select screen.
Anyway the "Story" Text starts in script_data_596.bin.lz77 but it seems that it will need to change the font width too because there is to much space between the characters.

unbenanntffe.png

Another thing is that i found uncompressed text in tutorial.bin (starts at adress 0x3E10)

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Augh, I'm so slow, I'm sorry guys. I have a research project for school I'm working on, a midterm coming up and my interest in working on this has been waning this weekend. No doubt I'll keep working on it - it's just that the work entailed is rather redundant.
tongue.gif

Anyway, I'll be uploading a patch in a few seconds.

Link to version .01 of the patch.
How to use: Unzip into folder with Draglade 2 and click on patcher.bat.
WHAT WOW

What's translated:

Battle Mode (renamed VS Mode...I think I'll probably name it back) pause menu
Main Menu, VS Mode submenus and Information submenu headers. I didn't translate one menu because I wasn't sure what it did. It's "Clear Save Data" but since I said I'd have the patch posted by sunday, yeah. :<
Dragon Sequencer 2.0 main screen is translated.

Known bugs:
"Deck Maker" and "Grap 101" in main menu sometimes have random symbols around them. When replacing the tiles...somehow, those appear

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah dude, awesome! I'm gonna try it out, even if it's not translated completely heh. I'm probably going to wait for the whole translation to play the game (even if it takes forever
tongue.gif
), but it's cool to be able to do a battle mode, eh~

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I keep trying to substitute names into the game [and writing the names in Unicode], but when I recompile it, Story mode crashes on me after the intro. >_>;

ffff

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
@kosheh Just a suggestion, because i practically know nothing of translating...
anyways, the suggestion is that maybe you should translate the STORY only if its good, and worth the effort. Of course, its your choice....
D-don't kill meh for the suggestion D:!!

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kosheh said:
psycoblaster: You're pretty awesome for making the unpacker to help me out :] I'm gonna try the new unpacker in a few minutes - thanks for making it user-friendly for a dork like me. x3

When I repack it, though; the old filenames all return, right? Nothing gets sabotaged in the process?
That was the bug in the first program. When packing, there was a problem with the pointer table not adding the header size to each pointer, so the pointers pointed to the wrong direction.
Make sure you select the main file (The file you used to unpack) when packing. Then all of the edited files will rewrite the existing file.
Also, the new version automatically unpacks the files and decompresses the ones that are lz77 compressed.
These decompressed file will have a .lz77 as the extension. When repacking, these lz77 files will recompress automatically, so you do not need to worry about the lz77 compressions anymore. Just a little bonus I put in
wink.gif

CHK991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Oh god , you people are made of win.
if this gets a 100 % translation , i whouldn't mind having sex with you .(and im not gay)
(thet was a joke , do not take it seriously ,hehe)
Really good work !

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
kosheh said:
Augh, I'm so slow, I'm sorry guys. I have a research project for school I'm working on, a midterm coming up and my interest in working on this has been waning this weekend. No doubt I'll keep working on it - it's just that the work entailed is rather redundant.
tongue.gif
Dude take your time, there's no need to rush. Just keep working on it as you like, was it fast or slow. Make sure that you finish that one, but still no need to rush, take your time
yaynds.gif

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm playing Draglade (1) again. It now kinda remind me of beyblades .. But it's fun otugh. I think I'm going to download the patch when everything is translated.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Augh. D:

I compiled one of the compressed files, and uh

So I just finished translating a couple dozen bullets, and they work fine in battles and everything - versus mode, whatever. I go to Story Mode just to see if everything works fine.

I go through the door of one of the Grap Stadiums. The game crashes.

Any chances I make to script_data initially works, but crashes when I enter story mode.
I think I'm doing this wrong, as now I cannot edit the script no way no how. D:

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly do you use the patch :wtf:, i have an un-trimmed, freshly downloaded Draglade 2, and whenever i click patcher.bat, it gives me a 0 kb patched file named cvn-dg2(Patched).nds

Kreatur84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dgwillia said:
How exactly do you use the patch :wtf:, i have an un-trimmed, freshly downloaded Draglade 2, and whenever i click patcher.bat, it gives me a 0 kb patched file named cvn-dg2(Patched).nds
i`ve got same problem

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
um

well, make sure the file in the same folder's called cvn-dg2.nds once you click it - and make sure everything's in the same folder (xdelta, draglade 2 and patch)

If that doesn't work, try

1) changing the batch file, and change the names to your liking - maybe you need to remove the spaces in the filenames? i dunno lol
2) doing it the old-fashioned way. command-prompt your way into the folder and try "xdelta patch cvn-dg2.nds patch.XD new.nds" or whatever. For some reason i can't remember the command off the top of my head

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
All you have to do is change your rom filename to cvn-dg2.nds then start up patcher.bat
It should generate a patched cvn-dg2 nds file after that. So, if you need to do so, change that file name then transfer it to yer flashcarts.

Kreatur84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gundam Eclipse said:
All you have to do is change your rom filename to cvn-dg2.nds then start up patcher.bat
It should generate a patched cvn-dg2 nds file after that. So, if you need to do so, change that file name then transfer it to yer flashcarts.
ok thx worked

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have no time 2 patch a game so can some1 upload me the game so the only thing i have 2 do is put it on my r4 & start playing it. can u pm me the link please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/AqspOhklc4Q