Gaming Dragon Quest IX-Sentinel of the Starry Skies

EvangelionEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, I don't have any idea on what to allocate my SP into. But, I will list out my questions.

1) Can your main character change jobs? Like your default is Minstrel right? So I can change to Thief or something right?

2) I read this guide about Jobs and Skills and they stated that...

QUOTE said:
Unlocking a stat bonus that gives +10 strength to every job, or unlocked +10 damage w/ knives on only a few jobs?? Thats why you should stick to dumping all your SP into your job trees. Some of the jobs in the game have to be unlocked though and some of them are going to require some weapon tree abilities. If you scroll down to the job unlock section below all the trees you can see what it takes to unlock them.

Yeah so I got a little bit confused which is more beneficial. Like I don't want to ruin my character or stuff like that. When it comes to games that involves jobs or the like, I AM A PERFECTIONIST.

So, these are some of them. I can't think of any questions already so yeah. Thanks for all your help XD

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
you CAN'T really mess up, you jobs

ALL jobs can get to level 99
by level 99 you will have 200 skill points (total), for that job
so two skill can be maxed

then at level 99 you can do a a reincarnation ,that will bring that job BACK to level 1, BUT you will keep all the skills you got (ie sword is at 100. it will still be a 100 after a reincarnation)
and then you can go level BACK to level 99 and get 200 more skill points

there are quest, needed to unlocked other jobs

reincarnation of the hero, help you get better grottos
the 1st time you do areincarnation on a job, you get an item

i go
the job skill
and
one weapon skill

the job skill stat ups, on you for GOOD
when you get +100 magic might
all job ther char is will have +100 magic might

EvangelionEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I know that. But I am wondering if adding the job skill stats up is MORE beneficial on weapon skill trees. I'm planning to get Gladiator btw. It looks cool but my eyes got blurred from reading the wall of text of the guides so i wanted to know if there is some spell casting class. I think Mage or Sage? And Gladiator, I learned Dragon Slash for my main character because for Gladiator so am I stupid to do that? ._.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
the weapons skill
NEEDs that weapon equipped to use

Dragon Slash is a sword skill
so you NEED a sword equipped to use it

the 100 SP cost weapon skill, lets AND job use that weapon

as for spells
THAT are LINKED to the job that learned them

guido

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When you max your weapon skill (at 100 points) you get omnivocational [weapon] use, this mean you can use that weapon with any vocation...
e.g.: a mage using an axe

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can change vocations once you reach the Abby, and as a general rule of thumb, you should figure out what weapon you want a character to master and only throw ability points into that skill. Each job has several weapon skills, a unique skill, and often a shield skill. Invest in the one weapon skill you choose, and then the unique skill and shield skill. Maxing out the weapon and shield skills will allow you to be omni-vocational with those skills, meaning you can use a shield and that particular weapons regardless of what job you change over to. Stats increased by a particular skill are permanent, so you don't have to worry about losing them when you change vocations. Each vocation, however, comes with inherent stats that DO change. You also keep the skills and spells learned from other vocations, but you can only use them with that vocation, unless they're a weapon-based skill.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
That is correct. Once you've hit 100 points into sword, no matter which job you choose, you can wield a sword. The nice thing is that when you're a Minstrel with 100 points in Sword, you can then focus all your new job points that you get from leveling up as a Warrior into other Warrior skills, if you want.

The other thing is that your job points are transferable, meaning that all your points go into a point pool that can be assigned for any job. If you get 100 points by leveling up as a Ranger, you can switch jobs to a Thief and have 100 points available to dump into your level 1 Thief. Right now, I have been really tightfisted on spending my points so I have about 395+ job points able to spend per character. Each character has had about 4 jobs at around level 50-55 for each job.

EvangelionEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So, adding points into Sword until it's max is the right way to go? Meaning that after I max the Sword's skill, then begin on other jobs skill(NOT weapon skill, job skills) like Gladiator's?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EvangelionEX said:
So, adding points into Sword until it's max is the right way to go? Meaning that after I max the Sword's skill, then begin on other jobs skill(NOT weapon skill, job skills) like Gladiator's?

Not necessarily. If you're still pretty early into the game and don't plan on changing vocations right away, you could invest your ability points either into your shield or, if you're interested in the unique abilities of the minstrel vocation, you could invest into that. Personally, I don't care much for the minstrel skill. If memory serves, the gladiator vocation cannot use a shield, so you might do well to first max out your shield skill, then use whatever weapon is best until you can then max out your sword skill for use with gladiator also.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ryupower said:
you CAN'T really mess up, you jobs

ALL jobs can get to level 99
by level 99 you will have 200 skill points (total), for that job
so two skill can be maxed

then at level 99 you can do a a reincarnation ,that will bring that job BACK to level 1, BUT you will keep all the skills you got (ie sword is at 100. it will still be a 100 after a reincarnation)
and then you can go level BACK to level 99 and get 200 more skill points

there are quest, needed to unlocked other jobs

reincarnation of the hero, help you get better grottos
the 1st time you do areincarnation on a job, you get an item

i go
the job skill
and
one weapon skill

the job skill stat ups, on you for GOOD
when you get +100 magic might
all job ther char is will have +100 magic might

Comment on line 6:
It's called 'Revocation'.

You won't lose anything. And if you train a lot at every vocation (or 'jobs') you can fill all of the abilities, like Sword, Shield, Fan, Spear Skill, but also Courage, and that kind of things.
So you should think of what you want (maybe do a search on the internet for the unlockables of all them) and change to that vocation, and spend your points into that things.

EvangelionEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I see...Maybe I'm going Sage though...But if my party member is a Mage and I added the JOB tree for him, can i get the benefits for my sage too?

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
EvangelionEX said:
I see...Maybe I'm going Sage though...But if my party member is a Mage and I added the JOB tree for him, can i get the benefits for my sage too?

When you spend your skill points, and you change of vocation/job, the spended points will remain for that character.
If that doesn't answer your question (at all), I'm not sure if I know what you mean with that question.

EvangelionEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Waflix said:
EvangelionEX said:

When you spend your skill points, and you change of vocation/job, the spended points will remain for that character.
If that doesn't answer your question (at all), I'm not sure if I know what you mean with that question.

What I meant is that, if I add my party's members point, can I get the benefits from them?

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EvangelionEX said:
Waflix said:
EvangelionEX said:

What I meant is that, if I add my party's members point, can I get the benefits from them?

Yes... if you max out courage for example and get the HP bonus, you can switch over to a mage and have the same HP bonus. You don't carry over spells though, so any spells you learn as a mage can not be cast as another class. HOWEVER, the abilities you learn from the skill points can. What I mean by that is that if you learn wizard ward as a mage you can use it as a warrior. These transferable abilities are listed under the abilities list in combat and not the spells list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk