Drastic DS Emulator is Now Free!!

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so is the source code free and out there, or is it just free on the shop?
because i believe people have been clamoring for this one to finally give out the code for years, so people can make it better already

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
because i believe people have been clamoring for this one to finally give out the code for years, so people can make it better already
I don't think they have released the source code yet, your right, the Dev had been saying Drastic source is going to be released but that was a couple years ago.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the full app. I just deleted my cracked version and reinstalled it directly from the Play Store. Worked right out of the box.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i got that its free on the shop.
but what we need is the source code. because maybe then, someone could fix it to access games on sd cards
It doesn't read games from SD cards? I could have sworn that I could access pretty much any folder on my phone, even back when I had a shitty but rooted Moto Z3.

Reactions: Xdqwerty

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can it play the entire Golden Sun without freezing/crashing?
It's pretty much the primo Android DS emulator. Should run any DS game even on a potato of a device from what I've tried. Honestly had no issues paying for it, but power to them for making it free.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never even heard of it. How good is it? Compatibility? Is it worth installing on my Quest 3?
Honestly, DS emulation is never going to be anywhere near as good as playing on native hardware with a flash card. Optimal set up is a New 3DSXL with a card that has real-time save functionality.

The Android emus are best for RPGs and light stuff. Civilization Revolution is bloody fantastic, as well as things like the Ace Attorney series, or Advance Wars. Garbage for platformers or action games.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now if only I could find a working apk downloader that isn't a trojan... :wacko:

Anybody know a legit place for that, or a legit android app for making an apk within android? I already set it up to download to my Switch next time I boot into Android (from the play store).

@WalterSlovotsky yea, I have flash carts for 3DS, but I want to play it on the Quest, so I can play on a "big screen" B-)

Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Reactions: urherenow

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly, DS emulation is never going to be anywhere near as good as playing on native hardware with a flash card. Optimal set up is a New 3DSXL with a card that has real-time save functionality.

The Android emus are best for RPGs and light stuff. Civilization Revolution is bloody fantastic, as well as things like the Ace Attorney series, or Advance Wars. Garbage for platformers or action games.
I disagree here. I think the absolute best DS setup money can buy is a Surface Duo with a dedicated controller running Drastic. I should have something written up about such a setup in the coming weeks assuming I find the time.

Having said that, that setup is remarkably expensive. The most accessible good setup is almost certainly just a DSi XL with CFW. Those things are DIRT cheap on eBay, and give you actually good scaling on DS games unlike the muddy blur you get on 3DS systems.

There’s more to say, but I’ll save it for when I’m writing things up lol. The DS is such a great system either way.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I disagree here. I think the absolute best DS setup money can buy is a Surface Duo with a dedicated controller running Drastic. I should have something written up about such a setup in the coming weeks assuming I find the time.

Having said that, that setup is remarkably expensive. The most accessible good setup is almost certainly just a DSi XL with CFW. Those things are DIRT cheap on eBay, and give you actually good scaling on DS games unlike the muddy blur you get on 3DS systems.

There’s more to say, but I’ll save it for when I’m writing things up lol. The DS is such a great system either way.
Fair, but, try that with a game like Trauma Center. For some of them, you have to dual wield stylii. Nothing beats the tactile feel of an actual stylus .

I went with the N3DSXL as a recommendation based on battery life, screen size and the Circle Pad. Granted, the cost of entry is going to be the highest out of any configuration, but that's why it is my recommended optimal build.

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fair, but, try that with a game like Trauma Center. For some of them, you have to dual wield stylii. Nothing beats the tactile feel of an actual stylus .

I went with the N3DSXL as a recommendation based on battery life, screen size and the Circle Pad. Granted, the cost of entry is going to be the highest out of any configuration, but that's why it is my recommended optimal build.
I will say the Surface Duo stands out for having stylus support on top of its dual 4:3 screens. It really is a shame there aren’t more controllers out there for it because those screens are some of the nicest 4:3 ones on the market.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto