jesus_bon_jovi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So i put my DS down for a minute or so with my flaslight on and walked away. when i came back my flashlight was dead. was this supposed to happen? is it possible for me to get it working again? its annoying having to walk along the walls all the time to find my way around big rooms.

EDIT: Hahahaha nevermind i just had my flashlight off this whole time. You would think that when you select the flashlight it would be on by default yet even after a game over and restarting the game from the main menu it still remembered i had my flash light off. It wasn't till i pressed L again that it magically turned on... finally.. i can see again! Just letting you guys know in case the same happens to you.

werwe

Trophies
XP
Country
This game starts pretty slow, but it really picks up. It gets surprisingly intense starting around Chapter 4. Particularly once you start running into those flying head things.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
heh, this game is actually kinda scary.
I was playing with headphones on like they recommended in an interview and my brother comes in and taps me on the shoulder
ohmy.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been stuck on chapter 8 all morning! Its been a while since I felt a game was impossible to get through but those slug things and killer mouths keep killing me.

I hear there are 16 chapters in this, and I'm stuck on 8! I hope I'll finish this.

Best DS game I reckon, I love it! This is the standard for 3D DS games.

P

pasc

lol ^^, at first all said that this game would be too easy and now we´re all stuck
rofl2.gif

I´m still busy trying to finish Chapter 6.

@hadrian:
Yeah, if this would be ths standard that would be great (yeah, I look @ you THQ ^^).

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I'm stuck on Chapter 6 too. Such a great game
smile.gif
It's nice to have something a bit harder for once. I like how the save system makes you restart the level, reminds me of frustrating old school games a bit.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I can't believe people got stuck on the piano part! As soon as I saw it and the DEAD word on the wall I thought "Right I guess I have to play the notes D E A D".

The later puzzles will probably kill you as thats the easiest I've seen.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
THis sounds good. I got some catching up to do. I usally save the really good games for when I'm at work.....and people leave me alone =P

4ppleseed

Trophies
XP
Country
I just played 5 minutes of it as I'm a bit busy but it looks brilliant. Great use of textures, lighting and filters. I take my hat off to the developers.
grog.gif

P

pasc

Ok... Chapter 8 sucks even more than Chapter 6... the Endboss... sucks...

Adder 74: You're already trying to beat the FINAL Boss ? Wow... how much chapter did you play until then ? 8 Chapters took me 2 hours and 21 Minutes...

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think this is a bit childish horror(Not scary!,tough trying to be scary)
But ill try it anyway

You're wrong.

From the first three brilliant chapters the scares are basically from your own paranoia! This game does a great job at that, you're always looking around for something to shock you. So far its strayed away from trying to unload a crap load of cheap shock scares onto you, and as an really good way of building the tension up.

Graphics, we've seen them in videos but they're better on the DS! Amazing, no dip in the framerate so far and it really grabs you in. Voice works pretty good too but the sound is sound is where this game succeeds, I've always thought that sound is the most important factor in a horror film or game and the developers here know it too. Good atmospheric music, nice voice work and it really does give a great feeling tension in the game. You really should have headphones on so you can listen to every sound, it'll improve the game.

Control wise, very good no complaints at all but as with Brothers In Arms & Metroid Hunters you'll probably get a bit of a DS elbow and wrist. Its not a first person shooter, it feels like a survival horror game only in first person.

This is the second horror title I played this week as well as Jericho on the 360, this game seems much despite the DS's. I was expecting PSX style gameplay, I got something a hell of a lot more. As I said I've only gone through 3 chapters so this could change like most games like this.

I'm going back to this little beauty.
I have played it now its more then i expected(Graphics are beautyfull and such)
But still i'm not getting scary of it after all horror movies i have seen in my life
Tough it looks like an horror movie i saw lil time back it was about view people left alone in an hospital not knowing where they are and who they are some shadow kills most of them and a view escape
Not very scary movie either but ok

P

pasc

So nothing like 10~12 hours huh ^^ ?

Anyway, good game, somehow addictive even though I dunno why.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3