DS #1774: Warhammer 40,000 Squad Command (Europe)

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, lots of people have been waiting anxiously for this game. hope its good, cause i don't see alot of good reviews on here.

Karmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played it for a little while and all I can say about it is that it seems OK but nothing spectacular

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so it has been released.
hadrian and I were waiting on this one, and it seems (according to him) that it feels kinda sub par, specially considering that Red Lynx are the creators of Pathway to Glory, most probably the best game that has ever been released on a cellphone device.

I'll try this one when I get home today.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...i don't see alot of good reviews on here.

Not sure I would call five minutes with the game a "review," but I tried it. It's pretty cool so far -- pretty much what I expected. It's an old-school (PC-like) TBS, a bit different than most tactical stuff we see today. I like it, but I doubt it's for everyone. The only thing I don't care for is the way it tutors the player. It doesn't allow you to prompt to the next tutorial bit, and I can't always catch what it says because I'm busy watching the cutscenes and such. The tutorials are kind of vague, as well. I think if you can overlook that though, it might be an enjoyable romp. I'll have to fiddle with it more though, before offering much else of an opinion.

Slipurson

Trophies
Website
www.slipurson.nu
XP
Country
Check most games here in the NDS release forum (except for a few) and you will almost always get a view of the bad sides of the game (not saying its a bad thing), cuz the ppl that dislike it, turn off their DSs and go here and tell about it.. and the ones that like it.. well.. they keep playing until the thread is to old
tongue.gif

superkrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Check most games here in the NDS release forum (except for a few) and you will almost always get a view of the bad sides of the game (not saying its a bad thing), cuz the ppl that dislike it, turn off their DSs and go here and tell about it.. and the ones that like it.. well.. they keep playing until the thread is to old
tongue.gif

is that avatar even legal?
wtf.gif

Chevreuse

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
It would've been better if the lagness was at minimum in this game. Other than that, even though textures look awful, it is expected in a DS game. Very fun game that would make you lose interest after you finish the campaign.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I used to be a big fan of the Warhammer games when I was a kid so I'll have to give this one a go when I get home from work tonight.

Doesn't sound all that promising given the comments in this thread so far but I'm willing to give it a chance.
I've got like 5 hours to kill this weekend helping my dad do data entry at a swimming competition this game could help fill in the time when I'm sitting around doing squat.
smile.gif

halljames

Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
I played through the first mission last night,m took about 20 mins. It isnt too bad. I liked the control system, the graphics are pretty smart, well, I thought so. It certainly felt like the warhammer universe. Reminded me of a an old game on the spectrum, Space Crusade (very much like Laser Squad and Heroquest).

I think I will be playing it a wee bit more, so what other weapons there are too unlock etc.

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I finished the first two missions yesterday.
A Fun game ich you like turn-based strategy games. Its like the older turn based WH games on pc.
At the start you have six scouts with bolter, but during the game you unlock other troops and weapons.
At third mission I got two Space Marines (Bolter only or Bolter and Plasmagun) and four Scouts (Bolter only, Bolter and Shotgun -cool weapon- or Bolter and Sniper)
The first mission is easy....kill em all, second mission kill the leader, third mission destroy a strategical point on the map.
So far I pretty much enjoyed the game and looking forward playing it again (I even think to put Orcs and Elves asside for that time being)
Good game, worth to buy it!

CreX

Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
I've been waiting for this one. Hope it's good!
unsure.gif

Check most games here in the NDS release forum (except for a few) and you will almost always get a view of the bad sides of the game (not saying its a bad thing), cuz the ppl that dislike it, turn off their DSs and go here and tell about it.. and the ones that like it.. well.. they keep playing until the thread is to old
tongue.gif
HAHAHAHA...
rofl2.gif

word

Edit: Posts edited together, duplicate deleted. Don't double post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
played on yesterday again.
Now I have Laserguns, Predator (with autocannon and sync heavy bolter or sync laserguns) and Landspeed with heavy bolter and heavy flamer (nice view burning down an area).
complete squad of space marines with bolter, chainswords/Lasgun/Plasmagun/RocketLauncher.
It's really fun to play. :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and also ahve the option to play as a human
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or set it up that when you get injured past a certain point they have to replace your human parts with cybernetics
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i have a placeholder enemy sprite i made
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it that you don't know you are a cyborg, robot, and you find out and have a existential crisis
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it start in the virtual world and you are an ai that gained sentience
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and nope the number still doesnt change