DS #1964: Advance Wars Days of Ruin (USA)

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seems like they made some hardcore balance tweaks to this game, some unit damage I was counting on did not work out as planned, likewise when I thought a unit of mine was in serious trouble, he was able to survive.

I am loving the new balance and the new units though, everything feels good.

What stands out to me so far the most is the music though, the music is downright awesome.
cool.gif

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Can someone tell me how to hack another language with DS Lazy?

I dont get it.Â
frown.gif

Er, no hack needed, just set your DS Language to the one you like, then reboot and start the game, the game shoul dbe in the language of your DS.

FORGET What i said above

It seems once you have a save on your card it doesn't switch the screens.
Also to change language just set your DS to a different language.

It don't work for all languages for examble german. We need to rename all the files
frown.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Yey! Just started playing.. the game is more serious.. but the story is kinda stupid.. well.. I just played the first 2 missions.

Anyway.. the touch screen controls feel better.. the first DS Advance Wars game felt like a GBA game with some DS features throwed at it in the last minute.. this one feels more like a DS game..

Also.. the maps downloading feature is looking good.. too bad that I couldn't find any maps for download :/

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country
Confirmed working with R4!!!
This game is waaay better than dualstrike as the units are more balanced,
Also special note to Music which is actually half decent...
I am excited about the microphone option where u can chat with ur friends whilst playing... but i will try that feature tonight when my mates have also got hold of the game
wink.gif

Also i find the map editor to be 29x29 squares NOT 10x10 squares like some ppl mentioned...

All in all this is defo THE game to get if you have a DS, or BUY a DS just for this game...
My life is complete now
bow.gif

EDIT: Just played a WFC- connected within a minute! Interface of this game is more silky smooth than i thought!! You have roughly about a minuite to make your move each turn.....

Predicted comments on this post by tommorow 300+

luigimania

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Supercard CF latest firmware and software:

Screens swapped until after first battle cutscene in any map after a fresh load. Then they swap back and stay that way until I power it down and restart. Weird. Saving does not make a difference.

Update:
All options off (faster gameplay, dma, patch access etc) has stopped the reversed screen issue. I tested with current savegame and with completely fresh save.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
so i just finished mission 7, total gameplay maybe around 2 hrs.
taking my time and enjoying every bit of it.
this game improves a LOT on the advance wars formula in my opinion, and is definitely getting all my attention now.
CO powers seem to have gone, but i honestly don't miss them a bit. rather seems more balanced now, less gimmicky.
graphics are still similar when moving around, but the rest has seen serious upgrades. everything looks darker and grittier, which suits the war setting just fine. the battle animation are nice looking and fast, so you don't get tired of them that soon ( i didn't yet, tho i skip some every now and then)
music is TONS better than before, a nice mix of metal (real guitars this time, not some weird powerchord sample) with orchestral elements. one of the better ds soundtracks i've heard.
you get all the options and stuff you could ask for, online play in a lot of variations and even voice chat, pretty close to being the perfect online game.
the only thing i miss from the older games is the shop where you could buy new maps and stuff, that was pretty motivation to score high.
oh and since i read that some people find the story stupid: first of all it's way better than any AW stories before (less comic, less joking) and even it might start out not-so-exciting at first, i find it more and more interesting the longer i play. especially now that this *SPOILER!* flower virus came into play... *EO SPOILER*..

add to that new units and new terrain types, and you're set for the best advance wars yet.
now i only wish i hadn't played through all the others so the overall experience would be a little fresher
wink.gif

brrrrrring on fire emblem ds, bitches

D

Deleted User

YAY just got it, i wonder if i can call in work sick...

Yes, Hello work, i cant come into day, because i have come down with the black death.....

Cant see it going down to well.

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country
CO powers seem to have gone, but i honestly don't miss them a bit. rather seems more balanced now, less gimmicky.

Hmm.. You still have the CO powers such as healing and extra fire power..etc I also like how you can actually transport your CO around the map to provide extra attack/defense..
Personal advice read the tutorial in the menu (only takes a minuite to go through it) to familirise yourself with the changes..

Online is a blast..i thought i was good but i keep getting my butt handed to me every game!?!

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Jesus, it's always like that! I go sleep expecting nothing for the next day, and then in the morning there's a great release on GbaTemp's front page
laugh.gif

I didn't played the first one (on the Ds) yet, I wonder if they have the same charming music the Gba counterpart had...

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Works right off the bat with CycloDS Evolution and EZ-Flash V (in fact, I'm playing a battle with my brother right now), but it doesn't work on EZ-Flash IV, even if you use the ARM7 fix. Oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes::angry: I Love Pianos 😡