Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
DespizingU said:
Sweet! I absolutely loved Chocobo Tales, so I'm really glad they're making more games with them.
Chocobo Tales has nothing to do with Chocobo's Dungeon.
The next Chocobo Tales is named Chocobo to Mahou no Ehon : Majo to Shoujo to 5-Jin no Yuusha (roughly translated : Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book: the Witch, the Maiden and the 5 Heroes), and will be released in Japon the 12th december...

Differences I know with the Wii version :
Story told with Cid's viewpoint, and not Chocobo's one.
Cid is playable, Chocobo is still playable, and has, at least 5 new jobs like summoner
bow.gif
(from what I can see in the official website)
It looks like Cid has a forge system, he can create equipment with some materials...

ganesh2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got it fixed with the supercard update, and everything works well.

Unless if you try to get on a job crystal, at the beginning of a dungeon, it freezes.

>___

GrayFox2510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll try that, thanks. =3

[Edit] Well, it didn't brick anything so far. And so far it works.
When I just converted the save from no$gba to the R4 and played before (which worked to), the data died when I saved and turned off the game (so when I turned it on again, the data was gone, as I expected).

First thing I did was save, and try that. So far, still there.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmm.. yes, i think it doesn't save properly.
but i'm not really sure how to save (can't read a single word)
so i'm just leaving my ds turned on
biggrin.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The hex replace fix worked for AK2.

I started on Hard difficulty, the enemies are tougher but they yield more EXP as well.
(For the bats in tutorial dungeon, Normal bats die in one hit IIRC and give you 3 EXP whereas Hard bats die in 2 hits and give you 6 EXP)

I'm on my fifth dungeon and hard mode isn't really hard at all. One time I tried to steal the memory of a thief and got 1 hit killed by Dungeon Hero X. Besides that and challenge dungeons, the normal dungeons are fairly easy.

Mind you that the challenge dungeons will be hard if you're trying to beat every challenge dungeons with all jobs (as some jobs are not built to plow through some challenge dungeons and such).
But again, just beating it once won't be much of an issue.

The job system is meh since you can only use your current jobs ability (at least so far), totally beats the purpose of having the job system.

I love it so far, I noticed the game won't let me play the pop up duel. I'm assuming it's part of the anti-piracy feature as well so no pop up duels until another hex edit or AR.

baronluigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tested this patch of cosmiccow in my R4 and it works great! And i saved the game and it save fine xD

Thanks!

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oh yeah, actually the patch works properly when i save on the overworld.
when starting the game, it takes a second to actually display the saved data - at first i thought it was lost
happy.gif

i tried to save in a dungeon before. that didn't work. but as i said, overworld saving works fine on r4
yaynds.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think the R4 patch works for other flashcarts too (unless you've already tried and failed).
As for the dungeon save, it's save & quit type and I believe when you load it the game wipes the save so you can't abuse it.

I still can't get the pop up duels to work, perhaps another HEX replacement is required for that part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: want