DS #2889: Syberia (Europe)

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
the broken sword one was just fine. i think that was gba though.
There's been a DS one on release lists for absolutely yonks, but there's been hardly any mention of it. It's supposedly coming out next year, but no-one really has any idea.

Oh, and I haven't got enough time to play through every game checking whether I'll enjoy it. Can someone tell me whether this is worth missing or not?

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Damn, I thought this was Cyberia.. a PC action/adventure game from 1994
frown.gif

Cyberiagameshot.jpg

Oh well..

perculus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They really screwed this one up.
There is no background noise just music, and if turned off the game is totaly silent.
There is no voices (pretty sure the pc one had voices)
The character moves ridiculousy slow and cannot seem to run.
Some cut scenes are missing.
They really chopped it up to fit on the ds.

Dissapointed
hate2.gif

zinob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
perculus said:
They really screwed this one up.
There is no background noise just music, and if turned off the game is totaly silent.
There is no voices (pretty sure the pc one had voices)
The character moves ridiculousy slow and cannot seem to run.
Some cut scenes are missing.
They really chopped it up to fit on the ds.
Dissapointed
hate2.gif
  • I haven't played the original but i agree this one is rely screwed up.
  • All tough i hear no music just some static with screechings in (though i heard some company called "Actimage" calls it music)
    huh.gif
  • I don't think i would suffer that much from the lack of cut scenes since i haven't played the original one.
  • And the lack of running, what is it with that? The character moves like a prisoner on death row. After trying doubbletapping and pressing every key and any sensible key combination on the DS i must assume they striped that function (to reduce size
    dry.gif
    ) .
  • They also seems to have missed the fact that it the DS has a waaaayyy smaller screen than a computer, often a bit scratchedup and played in bad light environment thus they should have made the visual clues, well, more visible. It took me several seconds to note the first clue even after looking in gamefaqs.
    The wind-up-key to ring the bell on the desk was lost in the slight blur of the scratchy screen, and maybe partly due to my colourblindness.
Well, it is a pity that this game wont even have an impact enough so that the critics will hand them there asses as bad as they deserve. Some one should rely call Actimage before the launch and warn them, so that they know that they are making a mistake
wink.gif

Nah i will try to see if i can pick the original one up in some bargain bin and run it under Cedega on my lappy. This game is not worth buying for the DS. Hardly even worth the space it takes on a 20EUR-SDcard.

Phil :: CSF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with the posts made by the previous members, myself being a big fan of the series since it's release. The port has no music at all, just the same annoying chirpy menu music on a 30-second loop forever... oh god. The game is impossible to play unless you've played the PC game before and know where everything is and what you're meant to do, because even if you're pixel hunting the touch screen doesn't point where you want it to. Want a decent control system? Okay, drag the stylus around for a pointer (have it context-sensitive), and use one of the shoulder buttons to click. There we go, problems sorted. As for voices... don't get me started.

I know there's a size limit on DS carts, but come on. The Pocket PC conversion does everything perfectly - keep original animations rather than FMVs all the time, includes ALL music and voice acting, and clocks in at just 250mb. Bah.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Crazy people actually spend $50 on that stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.