DS #2949: Chrono Trigger DS (Japan)

jasonb619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We gotta do something to pass the time until someone comes with a valid fix for the game lol. I don't know about you but I wish I didn't read there was an English option in the game because I went from being patient to wanting it now.
hate2.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
omatic said:
The only reason they might cut the Japanese out of the U.S. release is to use smaller carts, if the Japanese text might bring the file size down a notch. I don't think I'll ever use the Japanese, but it'd still be nice to have I guess. But anyway, I'm taking a break from random battle RPGs, especially after laying FF4 and FF7 back-to-back. I was afraid this game would have the same system, considering how common it was for RPGs of that time. I'm glad that's not the case here.

I'm not a massive RPG fan myself, there's maybe 10 or so I've enjoyed playing. I actually bought this when it came out in English, and to be honest I still play it now. It looks nice and flows really well. It doesn't have annoying battles and you never feel like your playing the same bit over and over with slightly changed goals.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
TrolleyDave said:
Toni's one of the soundest blokes I've met, ever. The reason he ain't closed the thread yet is because he's the kind of person to let people sort their shit out first, and he's not letting power go to his head. If he was he'd have banned you for insulting and trolling him, instead like anyone with decency for free speech (regardless of how pointless, irrelavent or lacking in grey matter) he's let you and others keep going.

+1 in agreement with you mate, like I said this guy dosent know who hes talking too obviously!

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Chrono Trigger is one of those prehistoric gems that has been lost in the 90's until it's announcement of being ported to the DS. I plan on doing a review on this game after it comes out, as it will be my first official review well worthy of criticism. Good luck, whoever is figuring out the anti-piracy problem out there.
happy.gif
[/ontopic]

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
wub.gif
Thanks guys, you make me feel better after everything already said here..

And on-topic...I must admit that I never played Chrono Trigger before
shy.gif

Yeah, I'm a huge RPG fan, but I didn't get the chance to play it, and I'm really happy to have this game ported to NDS..If it ever comes to Croatia (regardless of ROM fix), I'll buy it because I think it's a worthy buy!

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jasonb619 said:
We gotta do something to pass the time until someone comes with a valid fix for the game lol. I don't know about you but I wish I didn't read there was an English option in the game because I went from being patient to wanting it now.
hate2.gif

There is an English option. If I remember correctly, you can change the language once you get into the game by going to Settings.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
wub.gif

shy.gif

Yeah, I'm a huge RPG fan, but I didn't get the chance to play it, and I'm really happy to have this game ported to NDS..If it ever comes to Croatia (regardless of ROM fix), I'll buy it because I think it's a worthy buy!

Wow, you never played it before? My cousin is now 21 or 22 and owned a Super Nintendo that I would always go upstairs and play, but due to being too young to beat the game, I just played it until I got to this icy forest place, and I kept getting blown out of the map. My cousin came to the rescue and hid behind the trees before the wind got her. I was amazed I never thought of that. Did I mention she's female? xD

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
wub.gif

shy.gif

If you're an RPG fan you're gonna love it. It's got an awesome story to it. The only other RPG I rate as highly is Shining Force 3 on the Saturn.

As much as I hate SNES emulators on the PC it's worth grabbing and having a quick play of it. Although once it get's going you might not be able to stop playing!

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
Toni Plutonij said:
wub.gif

shy.gif

If you're an RPG fan you're gonna love it. It's got an awesome story to it. The only other RPG I rate as highly is Shining Force 3 on the Saturn.

As much as I hate SNES emulators on the PC it's worth grabbing and having a quick play of it. Although once it get's going you might not be able to stop playing!

I still can't believe that

Crono isn't a mute :/

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I played this game on the PSone and it was awesome so anyone who did not try it please give it a try

and keep in mind graphic is not everything, gameplay is what make the game great and this game is a great example as well as DQ

i mean if you care about graphic more than gameplay then throw your DS away & go buy something else, DS is the weakest system out there now but yet it's the most successful one.

And BTW is the game fully in English or only the menu because if it's fully in English I'll import me one for sure

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
wub.gif

shy.gif

Never? Wow. You're in for a ride. Honestly, some of the story is typical JRPG affair, but I remember some parts made me go "Oh SHIT!" when I was a yung'un.

I hope you enjoy this great game as much as I did.

I may buy it down the line as well, but after buying Ninjatown, Ecclesia, plus all the great games coming out across all platform, I may have to wait a while.

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Toni Plutonij said:
engruzii said:
And BTW is the game fully in English or only the menu because if it's fully in English I'll import me one for sure
It's the full english game!! not only the menu or parts..but the WHOLE GAME
wink.gif

OK then i'll call my brother in japan & i'm getting me one of them suckers for sure
man i LOVE my DS
yaynds.gif
"and my DSi
cool.gif
"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...