DS #3107: Prince of Persia: The Fallen King (Europe)

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
which idiots gave this game a score of 8,9,10, 15 voters with total score of 85%, play/test the game first before vote for any score, because this game might suck, dont judge a game by it cover, titel, company,
at least do not give a game score higher than a 7 if it only worth of playing on a flashcart ( i am only talking about the score on this forum ) and not worth of buying.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody figure out how to beat those red dudes? Not the ones with the shields (that you can pull away), but the other dudes who block. I can't get past this one part where there's one guarding red dude and one shielded red dude. The shield dude -- no problem; the other guy...
unsure.gif

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
irpacynot said:
iPikachu said:
if i remember:
imagine=fail
animalz=fail
imagine +animalz belong to ubisoft
therefore, ubisoft and all its games =fail

If I remember:

Rayman 2: The Great Escape = Awesome platformer
Beyond Good and Evil = Awesome action adventure
Rayman 2 + Beyond Good and Evil belong to Ubisoft
Therefore, Ubisoft and all its games = Awesome

rolleyes.gif

Of course, they make suck; every gaming company, pretty much, has their suck. But not everything Ubi makes equals "fail."

Yeah, after playing more of this game (on the third world, not level) I can see its flaws pretty clearly. Still worth playing? You bet. The masterpiece PoP game on DS some of us were perhaps hoping for? Easily not. Are the stylus-only controls an issue? Only if you make it one. Otherwise, the controls work pretty good. But even Phantom Hourglass had its issues.

oops.. i meant some of its games...imagine and animalz
rayman is that maniacal rabbit?

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really like the game as stated before but there are some technical flaws, that are just annoying in a plattforming game, such as framerate issues... otherwise I really like it.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Master Mo said:
I really like the game as stated before but there are some technical flaws, that are just annoying in a plattforming game, such as framerate issues... otherwise I really like it.

Yeah, it definitely is a game that has ample potential to frustrate the hell out of a person. I don't mind the slowdown as much as I do the game misreading commands, which happens a little too frequently. That said, it gets really entertaining and challenging later on. There's still enough PoP goodness to outweigh the bad, in my opinion.

MatrixMaster3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tenentenen said:
I don't understand why so many people bash designers who want to try something new with their control shceme. Just because something is different or "not traditional" does not mean that it is bad. yes, people are allowed to have opinions, but opinions based on random bias and close mindedness are not just.
Here are my reasons for thinking this is not as bad as people say it is:

1.The Controls are not traditional. This is true. but who says that traditional is d-pad and 2/4 buttons? nobody did. that is just what people think, but actually there was something before the "traditional controls" it was called a joystick and was used on older arcade games. as seen the controllers/control schemes of games are allowed to evolve over time. they already have.

2. The same idea as above also applies to graphics as well. the graphics are on a DS; not a PC or XBOX or even a Wii. It would be incredibly difficult to get a modern graphic system (that of the newer PoP games) onto such a non-graphicaly oriented system. yes sidescroller is okay, and i know most of you agree, but who cares about graphics. seriously?(If you buy a game because you have heard about its awesome graphics, you should not call yourself a gamer. Ahem...PS3) as long as i can tell what is happening in a game (to a reasonable degree) my most important thing about a game is gameplay. so the graphics look decent.

Finally Things take time to get used too. New does not equal bad. Innovation is key. Graphics are not really that important in the long run. If you feel like complaining, design a better game yourself.

(I am not a PoP fanboy. in fact, i have played little to none of the series. but i do acknowledge my anger towards Sony.)

That is that.

now, I agreed with your comment on the game, until I saw this:

tenentenen(If you buy a game because you have heard about its awesome graphics, you should not call yourself a gamer. Ahem...PS3)

I don't think that most educated people would spend $60 on a game just because it "wooks pwitty". That's just stupid. Now, they might buy a game, because the reviews were (mostly) positive, he read that it had good gameplay, he liked the story, etc., and then maybe the graphics added to this made it a good game, but not just because of the graphics. Most people wouldn't drop that much money on a sparkling pile of shit. Would you? No. Would I? HELL NO.

Gameplay + Story + Innovation + Replayablility + (possible) Multiplayer + (possibly)Graphics = a good game (hopefully) (and yes, all those should be included, sans innovation, possibly, because many good games have been made without innovation. Look at the Final Fantasy series, albeit not all of it, and the (Super) Mario Bros. series). So this claim is baseless.

Oh, and this game is good, controls mainly the one thing that's deterring this from being a "must" buy to a "rent first." (or illegally pirate, but none of us do that here, do we?...
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif

jokster2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPikachu said:
if i remember:
imagine=fail
animalz=fail
imagine +animalz belong to ubisoft
therefore, ubisoft and all its games =fail
iPickachu i think you should think for a second do you think cheerleaders and hamsters game are for hardcore gamers or casual gamers? God you guys gotta think what type of people or gamers these are being directed to

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
Anybody figure out how to beat those red dudes? Not the ones with the shields (that you can pull away), but the other dudes who block. I can't get past this one part where there's one guarding red dude and one shielded red dude. The shield dude -- no problem; the other guy...
unsure.gif
I still can't figure out the second boss! The first phase is easy enough with counter attacking, but when the part pops up underneath I can't figure out what to do. There's a red glow that suggests magic but nothing seems to trigger it.

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dib said:
irpacynot said:
unsure.gif
I still can't figure out the second boss! The first phase is easy enough with counter attacking, but when the part pops up underneath I can't figure out what to do. There's a red glow that suggests magic but nothing seems to trigger it.

@irpacynot
for the red guy who blocks just hold your stylus on the prince when the enemies about to attack and the prince will block, then just hit him twice then block and repeat.

@dib
that parts easy, when he pops underneath and starts to glow red, use the magic and just drag him up, he will be stunned after you lift him from the ground and just attack him

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's what I assumed, but I can't seem to get it to work. I hold the button and start trying to drag him, but it does nothing.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Going to try the above... I'm stuck here also
unsure.gif

edit:
Ok that was easy... next area is tough ....

It's growing on me - although the controls work when they want to.
The next area is one of them trial and error places where one time it will work, and then it won't

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't found any problems with the controls yet. And I'm impressed by the number of functions they've managed to add. Each new ability actually delivers a new dynamic to the game. Being able to control the bomb orbs, and having to navigate them through a space. Flinging between the stationary orbs, using his grabbing magic in a handful of ways. It utilizes all the styles of a touch screen (tap, swipe, trace) in novel ways on par with the best games on the DS to date.

My main complaint regards the framerate issues. They seemed more minimal at the beginning but the increasing complexity has compounded them. Many games in the DS library are no stranger to slowdown problems, I just wish this one weren't among them.

Point is, people passing this game are missing out. So it's their loss.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, just finished it, and it was both excellent and frustrating. There are definite issues with the controls. For instance, on the last stage before the final boss, I would jump onto platforms and the prince would just keep walking (to his death), even though I'd taken my stylus off the screen. There's a lot of that, too, throughout the game.

The thing is, they just did such a wonderful job with the platforming. Some level elements are recycled, sure, but there are some real PoP-masterpiece moments here as well. If they had taken the time to polish and trim the fat, this game could have been up there with Phantom Hourglass and NSMB in terms of quality on DS. It's still very much worth playing (and keeping), but it's a frustrating-as-hell game all the same. It ultimately has that Ubisoft "Seal of Rushed" on it.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, with @irpacynot; it is the controls which spoil it, but also redeem it for its' variety. I know near the end of the game you have to drop off onto platforms below, but most often you will find the prince jump to his death upon landing on the platform. Frustrating yes, but the game has alot of charm and should be commended for trying to use the DS features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one