Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Neon_Abyss said:
Apparently the controls suck according to other people who have played it so I won't waste my time, but since you guys are talking about Streets of Rage, check out this potentially vaporware project that if released will be awesome as hell, the earlier version was pretty fun, if a bit buggy.

Streets of Rage Remake Project

You don't seem to know that versions of it have already been released, and it's quite good!

http://www.bombergames.net/sorr_project/?page_id=2
http://www.bombergames.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1012

Edit: hm, apparently you did after all, talking about 'earlier versions' -- how can you talk about vaporware then?!

CannonBallZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is pretty badass, I like the over the top 80's police movie feel. The controls are reasonable. I don't know why there's so much complaints.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neon_Abyss said:
Apparently the controls suck according to other people who have played it so I won't waste my time, but since you guys are talking about Streets of Rage, check out this potentially vaporware project that if released will be awesome as hell, the earlier version was pretty fun, if a bit buggy.

Streets of Rage Remake Project

It's not vaporware, they have working versions of the game. That you can download. And play. And I did that years ago, and it was an enjoyable experience, I'm not sure what you're referring to as far as buggy controls, and there have even been ports of their project to other systems via homebrew. I wish someone would make a Wii release, no, not motion controls, I'd love to use the classic controller on my TV with this one with a friend.
smile.gif

Ceesjah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol after i read this topic this game was the greatest dissapointment of the month for me.. Gosh this sucks so bad.. :S
unsure.gif
blink.gif

I'd almost prefer Dora the explorer over this xD

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How can you dislike a game where the official police uniform for female officers is a halter top, micro shorts, cheer squad jacket and a leather garter.

Shut up and be men easily swayed by... swaying things.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porkdish said:
How can you dislike a game where the official police uniform for female officers is a halter top, micro shorts, cheer squad jacket and a leather garter.

I agree! Rika Hyodo is hot!

About the gameplay though. I thought the game looked decent, but when I read some of the comments here yesterday, I decided it wouldn't be good because of all the control issues and stuff. But then I watched this review and I decided it was worth a try. I really like the game. I haven't found a game worth picking up in a while but this ones not half bad. I guess its just a matter of opinion.

Neon_Abyss

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
By Vaporware I mean the latest version seems it in some ways because of the time between releases and the ambitious way they are constantly adding features. It makes me nervous, (especially after seeing how far back the updates go) that this game could become too big and the dev could tire out before it becomes ready.

Synsane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Porkdish said:

Because most guys aren't attracted to shitty pixelated characters/graphics.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I'm at the end of day 5 and i couldn't get past it, in anger i shut off the ds and then turned it back on, went to start up the game and forgot about the shitty saving system where you only get to save at the end of each chapter. Now I'm pissed. I was actually into this game but I prolly wont play it again because I'd have to play all the way up to where I was and then get stuck again.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This and Don King Boxing are carrying me through until the next FUN old-school game comes along.

For peeps getting their butts kicked in this game.....you guys skipped the story didn't you? Very early in the game they told you how to dodge bullets and various other techniques to whoop some ass. Don't forget those lessons if you DID read it.

The guy is better with punches, the girl is better with kicks. Forget the grab moves, they don't do enough damage to be worth it. Running and then hitting punch can knock over the enemies so they don't surround you. Up-up/down-down will dodge bullets. Jump is completely useless, as is pulling out your gun.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't even missed one word in the story. Dodging bullets never helps me. It never works. Especially when I get surrounded. This is one fault they made in the game and it usually happens in boss fights. When there is a swarm of guys and they all have guns, you get knocked down in a corner and you cant get up because they are constantly shooting. You eventually die. They need a re spawn effect where you are blinking for a few seconds. Anyways, I tried to cruise through and get back where I was but now all of the sudden I'm having trouble on parts that I never did. This sucks. I NEVER do this, but this game is one exception. I'm just gunna wait wait till some cheats come out and get unlimited health. I am ashamed of myself but I don't know why I'm having so many problems in this game. It was incredibly easy until Day 5.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Mr. Mocha shot the rocket at me when I was next to him and it hit both of us. I survived with 1 health, and Mr. Mocha survives with almost all of his health. That's lame. Yep I'm definitely waiting for cheats.

Oh look, kick/punch dashing works wonders on gangbanging goons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Enjoy