Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mercluke said:
crissm25 said:
oh well another crappy Game That was w8ed alot..... I give it 4/10
Lol? 6 months i was w8ing for this crap... hmmmm Lol?

i rather play Metroid prime or moon.. much better

hate to be off-topic but writing the numeral 8 in the middle of words is extremely annoying, in a text message i can understand that you are attempting to write it quickly but this is different. you are typing on a keyboard (or at least an OSK) and you're posting on forum, there is no rush to post, there is no annoying typing style. please just take the time to type "waiting"

(don't bother correcting my grammar, bad grammar that is readable is infinately better than numerals being used withing words)
I completely agree with you. Typing numerals in a word when you're typing with a keyboard just makes you (look like) a troll.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
This game is actually what I was expecting!
smile.gif

Good game for a DS!
Everyone saw the videos on IGN (or, somewhere else). You could already expect a game like this!
Mixing Doom, Quake, and Counter Strike == C.O.R.E.

Seriously, the guys that says the controls sux >>> It means your DS SUX! Calibrate your system or go to a doc if you are too cripled to play the game

I played it before I read any of the comments here... honestly: THIS IS THE BEST FPS GAME ON THE DS YET! GREAT GAME!

Also remember, this is No Way's FIRST (DS) game!

Watch the credits guys before talking BULLSHIT! There are ONLY A COUPLE persons who made this game!
How many people involved MP:H and CoD!??!?!?!

THIS IS A SUPERB GAME DONE BY A SMALL TEAM!
Hope that they will make a next version (or a similair game) of CORE!

Keep up the good work No Way team!

And for all the kiddos that "are following others users comments like sheeps": Go F*ck urself...

CORE: 8/10

period!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HtheB said:
This game is actually what I was expecting!
smile.gif

Good game for a DS!
Everyone saw the videos on IGN (or, somewhere else). You could already expect a game like this!
Mixing Doom, Quake, and Counter Strike == C.O.R.E.

Seriously, the guys that says the controls sux >>> It means your DS SUX! Calibrate your system or go to a doc if you are too cripled to play the game

I played it before I read any of the comments here... honestly: THIS IS THE BEST FPS GAME ON THE DS YET! GREAT GAME!

Also remember, this is No Way's FIRST (DS) game!

Watch the credits guys before talking BULLSHIT! There are ONLY A COUPLE persons who made this game!
How many people involved MP:H and CoD!??!?!?!

THIS IS A SUPERB GAME DONE BY A SMALL TEAM!
Hope that they will make a next version (or a similair game) of CORE!

Keep up the good work No Way team!

And for all the kiddos that "are following others users comments like sheeps": Go F*ck urself...

CORE: 8/10

period!

Erm, you shouldn't grade someone by how new their team is and how many people made it. If they were a good team, they would've been able to spit polish everything and make it good. EnjoyUp, a small developer, developed their first games ever not too long ago. Their first game was Chronos Twin, which was quite good (although a little basic with looks and audio), then followed by Zombie BBQ, another good game. If you're reviewing a game, going soft on it because it's their first doesn't help or because they have a small team. Oh yeah, and 5th Cell's first DS game was Drawn to Life, which had a hell of a lot more polish than this. Then they made Lock's Quest, which was even better. Now their making Scribblenauts, enough said.

The controls suck because if you're using a thumbstrap and both shoulder buttons you'll lose a significant amount of accuracy and if you use a stylus you'll lose out on easy zooming and crouching. I mean, I've got pretty big hands and it still doesn't fit well.

Your review had nothing to do with the game other than bitching about people saying its bad and saying the developer is new so we should give them a break. The only thing I saw relating to the gameplay was the whole Quake, Doom, and Counterstrike thing. Counterstrike? What the fuck are you talking about. The only thing it has to do with Counterstrike is maybe the guy on the cover art having an incredibly small resemblance to the guy on Counterstrike. The gameplay is absolutely nothing like Doom and atleast the Quake DS port was a lot more polished than this. Maybe actually write a review next time than a whine festival?

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CatScam said:
But I’m stuck after the save game room, I see an air vent on the side of the wall but I can’t get in. But other then the vent I see a few doors asking for keys I found the first key but I can’t find the one for the three doors anywhere. Can you even crawl in air vents in this game?
Not sure if you still need help but go through door to the left of the save thing, into Armoury, through door to left of turret, up stairs, turn right, down stairs on the left into a big room with columns, turn right and go in between the two big storage crates, jump over the grey blocks to end level.
Haven't been able to get into any vents yet but in the tutorial you can.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading many of the replies, it looks like a gravy train of hate. If I had to guess, though, I'd say most of that stems from the game being pretty difficult. Enemies don't just stand there like targets, and it's also not a hurt-and-heal system.

But whatever.

If you read my posts about the game in any related threads prior to its release, I was expecting to read tons and tons of disappointment about it, and my prediction came true. On the flip side, I'm actually enjoying CORE. It ain't no Half-Life, but for what it sets out to do -- offer a retro-style, Doom-like experience -- it works for me. But regardless of personal taste, the game is far from "terrible," "garbage," or "shit." The controls work fine, the collision detection is good, the level design is competent, and the A.I. is defensive. I've yet to come across anything in the game that is broken.

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
Reading many of the replies, it looks like a gravy train of hate. If I had to guess, though, I'd say most of that stems from the game being pretty difficult. Enemies don't just stand there like targets, and it's also not a hurt-and-heal system.

But whatever.

If you read my posts about the game in any related threads prior to its release, I was expecting to read tons and tons of disappointment about it, and my prediction came true. On the flip side, I'm actually enjoying CORE. It ain't no Half-Life, but for what it sets out to do -- offer a retro-style, Doom-like experience -- it works for me. But regardless of personal taste, the game is far from "terrible," "garbage," or "shit." The controls work fine, the collision detection is good, the level design is competent, and the A.I. is defensive. I've yet to come across anything in the game that is broken.
Yep, completely agree with. It's definitely not easy and I've got no issue with the controls, have to say I'm quite enjoying it.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:
Your review had nothing to do with the game other than bitching about people saying its bad and saying the developer is new so we should give them a break.
Who said I was making a review? I was just replying to the sheeps over here
Guild McCommunist said:
The only thing I saw relating to the gameplay was the whole Quake, Doom, and Counterstrike thing. Counterstrike? What the fuck are you talking about. The only thing it has to do with Counterstrike is maybe the guy on the cover art having an incredibly small resemblance to the guy on Counterstrike.
I think you never played Counterstrike before......
QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Aug 16 2009, 01:00 PM)
The gameplay is absolutely nothing like Doom and atleast the Quake DS port was a lot more polished than this.
Erm.... Port is just a port... nothing different from the original one...
wacko.gif
jeez...

About the controls:Why the hell do people use a thumb wrist or.. whatever they called...
Just use the damn stylus...
ok, now people will talk shitty about the "R" button... ok here is your answer: use your pink!
Works perfectly, (unless you're crippled)

enough said........
mad.gif

Oh yeah one more thing:

The Game musics are awesome!

Pcygigas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
the game aint half bad but it lack smoothness of what mp:h or COD had.
and lol when you blast a person head the blood looks weird.
even goldeneye was better than this IMO...

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
Either my bleary, coffee-less eyes deceive me or you're saying C.O.R.E. is really out. Lemme look further into this...

SmileyCoffeeTired.png

...holy smokes, it is out! Well, now I know what I'm doing today!
biggrin.gif

So, if it's not too much trouble, could the folks who were really wishing this game'd come out (myself included) start wishing for Gauntlet to get released? Seems if we really believe it can come true so why not again?
wink.gif

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Played it and my conclusion is: it sucks!

QUOTE said:
People who are saying its bad clearly played it for 5 minutes and either sucked at it or thought it was too hard.

C.O.R.E. is just like Quake, but with shity framerate, bad story, bad graphics for a DS game and other few issues...

If you want a real FPS for DS try CoD5, Dementiun or Metroid Prime Hunters.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Djay187 said:
CatScam said:
But I’m stuck after the save game room, I see an air vent on the side of the wall but I can’t get in. But other then the vent I see a few doors asking for keys I found the first key but I can’t find the one for the three doors anywhere. Can you even crawl in air vents in this game?
Not sure if you still need help but go through door to the left of the save thing, into Armoury, through door to left of turret, up stairs, turn right, down stairs on the left into a big room with columns, turn right and go in between the two big storage crates, jump over the grey blocks to end level.
Haven't been able to get into any vents yet but in the tutorial you can.

Thanks Djay187 I forgot all about jumping, I must have been in that room 20 times now.
grog.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Djay187 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
As for controls, I find them unplayable. They want to you manage 2 shoulder buttons, both the D and ABXY pads, and the touch screen? It's a terrible control scheme and you either have to use the stylus and sacrifice half the control scheme or make it unplayable with a thumbstrap. If they just copied CoD's control scheme it would've worked.
How difficult is it to push up to go forward, move stylus right to look right, double tap to jump, press right shoulder to fire and so on. I admit crouching is hard but as far as I can tell it is just about the same as CoD, MPH, Moon, Dementium.
It's simplicity it's self!
This. There's nothing BAD about the controls.

Fakie!

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
C'mon guys, you seem to have forgotten that Rogue Agent was absolute SHIT, and I actually beat that game. I remember that you couldn't even tell when you were actually hitting someone. CORE is MUCH better IMO, but yeah, it's still nothing more than a little nice old school FPS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, https://gbatemp.net/posts/10435312/ +1