DS #4268: The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road (USA)

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
geminisama said:
Yay, it's out. Will try after I make room on one of my MicroSDs.

I know what you mean!
biggrin.gif

flusflus89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yuan said:
How do I save the game?
Either in emerald city with the wizard or if you select to quit the game from the menu it will quick save, meaning that when you turn your DS back on, it will restore where you are and then delete the save.

Also, I don't know how can anybody not like the trackball thingie. Using long and light slides is quite easy to make the character run through the screen with enough control to never touch the limits of the screen. Very smooth controls IMHO.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some reason the name of this games sounds like a documentary like seeing how all the actors are doing now...

lol

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
granville said:
It's a gorgeous game at the very least, you HAVE to give it that much. I really enjoy the game, but it will be mixed among others. It's a standard RPG for the most part, but with an all-touch interface and a trackball moving system. I think elixirdream mentioned a dpad hack for the Japanese version, but i dunno if he will make one for the US release. It's not his responsibility or obligation. The touch screen controls work pretty well anyways.
It really is beautiful game..

I was waiting for this....Looking forward to checking it out1
I really love standard/generic RPGs, my favorite type of games.....especially with the this, Turn based type of battle, and not Active!

Rhcpmikey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Diddn't heard of this game. It works on R4i and its a great game! Nice garphics, good rpg-system. Only bad thing is the control with the touch screen, but that is just my opinion.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I gonna try it, I already wanted to play the japanese one, but someone said,
it isn't very playable if you can't read it or something.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
Oh~!
Granville.. send me a .sav
smile.gif

i think the offer is still valid
Sorry elixir, but i've not tried the US version yet. I've only played through a little of the Japanese one. I've unfortunately had no time for playing games lately. I'm having to do almost constant training or working for jobs. I'd love to play this, heck i'd love to go to sleep, but i can't due to work. It's all I can do to post this message while working. Nightmare.
frown.gif

Soulanger on chat said he liked the game though, so i'd ask him about a save. Sorry.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
MeH..... I may try this next tme theres a drought.

so is this like... a sequel to the film?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZenZero said:
MeH..... I may try this next tme theres a drought.

so is this like... a sequel to the film?

It's kinda a loose version of the events in the film, although very different.

I played the Japanese version a bit, but eventually stopped playing because I didn't know what the fuck I was doing. I've already downloaded this and I'm giving it a roll.

gacktgacktgackt

Trophies
Website
thedeskandchair.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Pros
--------
Great graphics engine

Cons
--------
Noticeable slowdown whilst running compared to the Japanese version
The most boring battle system ever
No character development whatsoever (beyond what you already know from the story)
Very little items/equipment
Bare-bones character customisation
SO MUCH FUCKING BACKTRACKING (a completely shitty amount of backtracking, made even more punishing by the fact that there isn't anywhere to stock up on healing items apart from the shop back at Oz)
Those shitty fights you have to go through anytime you want to gain new skills for your character are the most annoying things ever

2/10

Boring as all hell, worth checking out for five minutes to see a shining example of production value being pushed way out infront of decent gameplay.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pros
--------
Great graphics engine: Agreed, this game is gorgeous

Cons
--------
Noticeable slowdown whilst running compared to the Japanese version: WTF are you talking about? It's fine for me, compared between both versions
The most boring battle system ever: Boring? It's about as fast as your standard Pokemon/Dragon Quest, maybe a little longer. You get your generic standard attack, magic, etc.
No character development whatsoever (beyond what you already know from the story): I guess, but how are you gonna make a deep, engaging, epic story from the WoZ?
Very little items/equipment: It's supposed to be a minimalist RPG anyway
Bare-bones character customisation: ...Isn't that the same as equipment? Anyway, they're not gonna throw all their beautiful character models to the trash heap
SO MUCH FUCKING BACKTRACKING (a completely shitty amount of backtracking, made even more punishing by the fact that there isn't anywhere to stock up on healing items apart from the shop back at Oz): It's not as much as Metroid or Castlevania, calm down. I do agree with the whole Potions thing and the fact that you there's no healing hubs of any kind, outside of Oz.
Those shitty fights you have to go through anytime you want to gain new skills for your character are the most annoying things ever: It's called "boss battles" or "fighting enemies". I know, what a concept!

2/10

Boring as all hell, worth checking out for five minutes to see a shining example of production value being pushed way out infront of decent gameplay.: It's not bad gameplay, it's just kind of generic

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
And I love generic (when it comes to RPGs)
smile.gif

Also, I don't appreciate people calling this battle system boring
tongue.gif
I really digg it..
I don't like senseless button mashing, and I prefer this over any Active Battle type of RPG..

But that's me, preferring a bit of "old school"

jaouad

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ive been playin it for a while and i can conclude for myself that this is a very basic rpg. And thats why i think it sucks,, badly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1