DS #4354: Atelier Annie: Alchemist of Sera Island (USA)

sillypatterson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xshinox said:
that "one guy" dumped it wrong or was using a outdated flash cart. anyways, it works on acekard2i with AKAIO 1.5

That "one guy" was attempting to see if an AP warning would delay the eventual release by a few days. It totally did. I left the scene because I was tired of seeing niche games be released day and date online... people who would've bought it end up downloading it right away due to convenience... but when it's in stores and not online, people will buy and support. There's nothing awesome about sequels to niche titles that thousands of people download (I've seen the numbers) and love and enjoy just never come over because the first-week legs were cut right off. I'd like to see some sort of honor system where games are held off for at least a week after hitting stores, but that's contrary to what "the scene" is all about. Shame that.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sillypatterson said:
That "one guy" was attempting to see if an AP warning would delay the eventual release by a few days. It totally did. I left the scene because I was tired of seeing niche games be released day and date online... people who would've bought it end up downloading it right away due to convenience... but when it's in stores and not online, people will buy and support. There's nothing awesome about sequels to niche titles that thousands of people download (I've seen the numbers) and love and enjoy just never come over because the first-week legs were cut right off. I'd like to see some sort of honor system where games are held off for at least a week after hitting stores, but that's contrary to what "the scene" is all about. Shame that.

Hard reasoning to argue with, and I can certainly appreciate where you're coming from. And I also predict that type of honor system will eventually come about...well, maybe not an honor system, but I think publishers will get a better handle on how to bypass piracy and still be profitable. People want great games, most folks can't (or won't) pay a lot for them, and yet great games generally require bread. We're getting there. Slowly but surely. Steam and other models seem to be inspiring companies to find other ways to offer up an olive branch to gamers without either side going broke.

All because Al Gore fought to fund Arpanet.
tongue.gif

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
Hard reasoning to argue with, and I can certainly appreciate where you're coming from. And I also predict that type of honor system will eventually come about...well, maybe not an honor system, but I think publishers will get a better handle on how to bypass piracy and still be profitable. People want great games, most folks can't (or won't) pay a lot for them, and yet great games generally require bread. We're getting there. Slowly but surely. Steam and other models seem to be inspiring companies to find other ways to offer up an olive branch to gamers without either side going broke.

All because Al Gore fought to fund Arpanet.
tongue.gif
Honestly, I think that the best way for games to go if they want to reduce piracy is to focus on online content. Online PC and home console content is, if properly-implemented, completely impossible to pirate your way into, unless you want to play against nothing but other pirates.

So what they should do is focus on working in internet-based things -- sharing content, and so forth. This will reduce the value of pirated software and encourage players to buy the real thing even after all their other anti-piracy checks have been cracked.

Of course, at the moment we all know that the DS lets you get full internet capability for pirated games, but they'll probably figure out a way to fix that eventually. You just have to give each cart a unique ID from a big set randomly-generated list you have at your master server, and ban any ID that's used in two places at once...

Also, as Microsoft has shown recently, a strong internet-based community lets you do more to deter pirates than just prevent them from playing that one game. Well, I mean we all complain when they do it, but it's clearly something with the potential to work, whereas just tightening AP measures alone isn't going to do it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
So what happens to legitimate gamers who don't want to use Online features? Part of the reason my console base is the PS2, PSP and DS is because there's no real need to go online. At some point i was planning on going next-fen but if in the future i'm forced to connect to the internet i think that's me and new consoles/games divorced forever.

michaeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good game so far. But does the game end after the said in-game years?

And... Why can't they make a better looking MC, like the other Alteir games. Haha. Oh well.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh wow wasn't expecting an American localization of Atelier series.
If you've never played Atelier series before, this would be a good entry point. For some reason this game is extremely easy compared to other Atelier series.

michaeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder why Lise no Atelier: Ordre no Renkinjutsushi wasn't translated. Hope they translate the upcoming Atelier games for the NDS. BTW, where can I find the mascots?

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fine time for my DS to break! i had to write all the good game i wanna play when i get it fixed! here it is:

# DS Games: Atelier Annie: Alchemist of Sera Island - tales of the abyss - Hero's Saga: Laevatein Tactics - Nostalgia - Ben 10: Alien Force - Vilgax Attacks - Bakugan: Battle Brawlers - Marvel Super Hero Squad - Cooking Mama 2 - Emergency! Disaster Rescue Squad - IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey - Spore Hero Arena - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of the Sky - Wizard of Oz: Over the yellow brick road - Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey - River King - Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter - Space Invaders Extreme 2 - A witch's Tale - FIFA Soccer 10

lol...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw