DS #5267: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (USA)

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
regnad said:
Are we likely to see a universally patched version of this game, or should I begin giving up hope?

It's only been a few days. This will be patched, everything gets patched eventually. But these things take time. Find another game to occupy your time while you wait. Personally I favour Black Ops, NFS Hot Pursuit, Ace Combat X2 and Star Ocean Last Hope. They're keeping my thoughts away from how great this will be when it's patched, and by the time I'm done with all four of them this will be working. Either that or something goes horribly wrong and this remains unpatched, in which case I move on to Viking Battle For Asgard and Infinite Undiscovery.

TLDR: chill out and go play something else for a while.

Jarutais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone plz patch it
cry.gif

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
4GB Kingstons don't work, sorry.

To be clear, that microSD is only too slow to run AntiAntiPiracy. If the game is patched or fixed via firmware update, then you can play it fine.
Kingstons (Japanese) can run it. You need the one made in "Japan", I think the others are made in China/Taiwan. I have Japanese 8GB Kingston MicroSD and it does wonders, it's super fast, and never any errors. Basically, pretty much any "Japanese" made microSD card does the trick, you just have to hunt for them on google and find a legit site.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
InuYasha said:
So cyclo users can play the game if they have a good micro sd card? or is there other problems?
I have a Sandisk Mobile Ultra 8GB Class 6 and it does not play on my CycloDS(have tried all options and settings). I have been playing it on my DSTT, thanks to RGF.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
InuYasha said:
So cyclo users can play the game if they have a good micro sd card? or is there other problems?

From what I gather Cyclo users such as myself can't play this game at all. Of course I've yet to actually test it but why waste time on downloads before it's confirmed working?

Totally off topic but if anyone knows how to beat Sulemani on the last mission of Ace Combat X2 Joint Assault then please tell me. I'm playing it to kill time while waiting for the patch but fuck me this ass hole cheats like my ex. Missles don't work on him and I can never get close enough to use my guns before getting a missile barrage up the crevice. Help please.

Back on topic, they say good things come to those who wait. If that's true then Golden Sun is gonna be fucking epic. Years of waiting for the new game and by the looks of it about the same for us Cyclo users to be able to play it loljk
tongue.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
regnad said:
Are we likely to see a universally patched version of this game, or should I begin giving up hope?
I thought you were already playing the Japanese version on your ez5i as it can run in patched mode under k3.0ob3.
tongue.gif

SaddQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Works fine on R4i-SDHC (red box) now, with firmware 1.29b, which was released today!
laugh.gif

Not that I couldn't play it already... Thank God I got a SC2 (and AK2i) as well.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
iggloovortex said:
still looking for R4 Ultra fix sadly

A lot of people are waiting for various fixes. Don't worry about it. Go eat some biscuits, play Donkey Kong, go do something to a member of whatever gender you prefer and come back in the morning. Maybe there might be some news then.

r4igoldensun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone with an R4igold (r4ids.com; not v2.0) have any success with Golden Sun?

Wood 1.18 for R4igold seems to be working fine, but when I load Golden Sun thru Wood, I just get a flash and a black screen
sad.gif
I can load other games thru Wood fine however.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Mbmax said:
regnad said:
I thought you were already playing the Japanese version on your ez5i as it can run in patched mode under k3.0ob3.
tongue.gif

Absolutely not! I have an 8 gig SanDisk that is apparently insufficient to run special mode. Two white screens no matter what speed I set it, and no matter what ROM.

I can't run this ROM, and I can't run Animal Crossing, either, since EZ Team somehow made that one no longer work with the new Kernel.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
regnad said:
Mbmax said:
regnad said:
tongue.gif

Absolutely not! I have an 8 gig SanDisk that is apparently insufficient to run special mode. Two white screens no matter what speed I set it, and no matter what ROM.

I can't run this ROM, and I can't run Animal Crossing, either, since EZ Team somehow made that one no longer work with the new Kernel.
Only the USA version needs special mode at the moment. The Japanese one can run in hybrid mode.
I don't understand ...

About AC, it's reported. The hybrid mode seems to need some fixing.
wink.gif

Necoconeco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
InuYasha said:
I use a Sandisk 8GB Class 4, but I don't think its the memory card's fault.

Its all on Cyclo itself. Apparently Cyclo and Edge are the only 2 flashcarts left out of the Goldensun loop.

There are no hex edits, no patches, no AR codes, or any other work around that works on Cyclo/Edge, including most recent firmware updates.

Which I actually find pretty hilarious, seeing as Cyclo in the past has often been the 1st to work with anything compared to its competitors, and now its dead last on the biggest, most hyped game of the year. Everyone else has flashcarts that can play Golden Sun now, so theres no reason for any fixes to me made. My guess, is Cyclo users are going to be forgotten again, just like with Golden Sun (J).

Worst case scenario: Goldensun won't ever work on Cyclo until 1.61, assuming TC is actually competent enough to make an update that actually works. The Cyclo iEvo is expected to ship next week according to the site, so we may see some activity in the next 1-3 weeks. So expect playing Golden Sun then (maybe), unless some Godly hacker actually bothers releasing some sort of work-around fix for the game.

rainwhore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's what I thought as well. But I wonder if things might change when the E version releases. Perhaps it'll have different AP, forcing people to try and patch it? I do have faith that new fw updates will help (999 started working only after Cyclo and EDGE updated), but I wonder how long it will take for such an update?

Starting to regret having an EDGE, tbh... but not sure if there's enough games coming out to justify a new card.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
EDGE is the same as Cyclo DS (you could say EDGE is the clone of Cyclo DS), so if Cyclo DS releases new firmware update, EDGE will get new update in a few days. You can be patient and wait for new update or get another card or buy the game. I have EDGE too, and I'm going to buy SCDS2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P