Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I wasn't around during the DS era so I'm not entirely sure how it worked, but I imagine that the fact that flashcarts have actual slot-1 hardware will make a significant difference in how the patching works.
well you would need to patch it differently but having sd access work means you can read of the 3ds sd and games should also work if things are patched right

Reactions: Deleted User

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
That's....actually sorta right
well the games don't boot cause it tells it to load from slot 1 when theirs no game in there that needs to be patched so it will know to load from sd thats why those dsi injections will boot if you have the game in it when you try to boot the game it tells it to read from slot 1

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well you would need to patch it differently but having sd access work means you can read of the 3ds sd and games should also work if things are patched right
Actually, emunand does that (redirection to SD partition instead nand).
I'm pretty sure that @ahezard, @Apache Thunder and @Shutterbug200 will figure out how to remap NTR content :)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Testers needed (mostly flashcart users):

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/0.9b

Curious as to how many flashcarts are bootable with this. It's basically a stripped down version of Nitrohax that only launches the card in slot-1 without a cheat engine. No SD init or DLDI and is quick.

Remember that little app on Filetrip by tbe name of "Launch DS Cart"? Well this is basically that only open source because who ever made that originally was a douche and didn't open source it (totally broke GNU by doing that).

My version is a little better anyways. It works on a 3DS/n3DS. :D

Maybe some older flashcarts will work with this. Wold save me the trouble of having to make more stage2 launchers. This is basically a universal stage2 launcher. :D

This uses ahezard's new card reset code. You need patched dev launcher to use this just like with the new release of NitroHax. If you fail to have patched dev launcher, the program will give you an obvious error telling you what went wrong. :D

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
So tack that on the list of carts that wont' work. There is one and maybe two others that I know won't load in it right now.

My DS-Xtreme won't boot from this and my R4 won't load it's menu (hangs at it's load screen). But I've seen someone boot a DSTT with Nitrohax which should mean that card would boot from this too. Oddly I was testing the build shutterbug made to run in TWL mode, my R4 actually booted with it. Too bad it was in TWL mode. the rom loaders are borked if booted in TWL mode so it would hang if I attempted to start a game. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: Deleted User

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'll give my old M4Real a Try when i can find it somewhere but the only others i have Work w/ Modern versions of Luma allready (AK2i& R4i Gold 3DS )

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Testers needed (mostly flashcart users):

Curious as to how many flashcarts are bootable with this. It's basically a stripped down version of Nitrohax that only launches the card in slot-1 without a cheat engine. No SD init or DLDI and is quick.

Working perfectly on M3 DS Real, which previously wouldn't work with any firmwares other than WoodM3.
RetroGameFan's YSMenu boots up fine now, and newer games like Pokemon Black and White are working perfectly.
Thanks for the release!

Reactions: Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Working perfectly on M3 DS Real, which previously wouldn't work with any firmwares other than WoodM3.
RetroGameFan's YSMenu boots up fine now, and newer games like Pokemon Black and White are working perfectly.
Thanks for the release!

Good to see one card got an improvement from using this. :D

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Check the release page again:

I provided "alt" builds based on shutterbug's fork of NTR_Launcher (with my new stuff added). It has an alternate soft reset sequence and I noticed it boots my original R4 correctly while the other one does not. Maybe it will have better compatibility. :D

Reactions: iVcU

Darkterras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Going to try the launcher with the old M3 Real that i have. It didnt work for the stage-2 launcher so maybe i have some luck if i try it now.

gonna report if it works or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/P1hdZ8h