Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
They should run at full speed, but with some graphical/sound issues, unspected crashes and with a minimal compatibility list (just like with old homebrews with current bootstrap) , so people shouldn't dream to play PKMN B/W with bootstrap, at least on first release with retail rom support.
well the most popular ds games will be supported first like pokemon and mario kart

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would you support the shitty games first it would be better to support the best 3ds games first then do the other ones later
It's not what people want, but what they can. Those games use less power, and are easier to run.
Most of the important games may no be playable at the first days, or even months.

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
Where exactly can I find a good download of moonshell? I've mostly just found windows executables...

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Here's a link for others who might want to know.

Edit 2: Can't figure out how to use it.. oh well.

Last edited by sniper_x002,

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this hack is done right, maybe a few DSi-Enhance games, namely Pokemon, could have access to the 3DS's IR module, to emulate the IR on the physical cards. Nifty for those who have Pokemon HG/SS and a working PokeWalker.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this hack is done right, maybe a few DSi-Enhance games, namely Pokemon, could have access to the 3DS's IR module, to emulate the IR on the physical cards. Nifty for those who have Pokemon HG/SS and a working PokeWalker.
You it will be as a DSi, not a 3DS right? It won't have things like streetpass and that stuff.
Also, some of that features are on the cartridge irself (like the infrared for the PokeWalker) afaik.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You it will be as a DSi, not a 3DS right? It won't have things like streetpass and that stuff.
Also, some of that features are on the cartridge irself (like the infrared for the PokeWalker) afaik.
Not asking for 3DS features like Streetpass. And we are hacking the DSi firmware on the 3DS to read what's on the SD card. Now the DSi did have that same thing, but not an IR, which was as you said built into the cartridge. However, we don't have a physical cart for this, so what if a little creative hacking/emulating could in fact get access to the 3DS IR while in DSi-mode?

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not asking for 3DS features like Streetpass. And we are hacking the DSi firmware on the 3DS to read what's on the SD card. Now the DSi did have that same thing, but not an IR, which was as you said built into the cartridge. However, we don't have a physical cart for this, so what if a little creative hacking/emulating could in fact get access to the 3DS IR while in DSi-mode?
That's what I meant. It's a 3DS feature, so I don't think we could be able to use it in this mode, just as we won't be able to use other only-3DS features...

Reactions: Hiccup

zetaPRIME

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I meant. It's a 3DS feature, so I don't think we could be able to use it in this mode, just as we won't be able to use other only-3DS features...
The difference here is that the IR module is a feature of the 3DS hardware, whereas StreetPass etc. are features of the 3DS operating system (which of course isn't running in TWL mode).

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The difference here is that the IR module is a feature of the 3DS hardware, whereas StreetPass etc. are features of the 3DS operating system (which of course isn't running in TWL mode).
Okay. So does that mean a patch to TWL could theoretically allow a DS forwarder/loader to use the IR module?

On the subject of the IR, would be interesting to use it for the GBC VC injections of GSC and their mystery gift feature. But that's discussion for another thread.

Last edited by Dimensional,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Catboy, you arent here most of the time so hi