Multiskin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
As the topic title says, ds is dying faster than we tought,it last good game was okamiden and now without any good game prevision coming, the 3ds arrives and with psp anime and remake games, ds is dying just like gba when ds was released. Whenever it will live forever in your memory and in the next gen hearts due to 3ds retrocompatibility.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
So according to your post there aren't any more good DS games coming out? (i haven't been keeping up with the scene as much since I had to sell my DS meaning I don't have one)....IT seems like the Wii is dying too.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiskin said:
As the topic title says, ds is dying faster than we tought,it last good game was okamiden and now without any good game prevision coming, the 3ds arrives and with psp anime and remake games, ds is dying just like gba when ds was released. Whenever it will live forever in your memory and in the next gen hearts due to 3ds retrocompatibility.
It's not dying.

There are still good games coming out for it.

Like what Narayan just said.

D

Deleted_171835

JinTrigger said:
So according to your post there aren't any more good DS games coming out? (i haven't been keeping up with the scene as much since I had to sell my DS meaning I don't have one)....IT seems like the Wii is dying too.
The DS isn't at the end of its lifespan just yet. Look at a few games Hadrian mentioned in another thread
QUOTE(Hadrian @ Mar 25 2011, 02:41 PM) Thor: God of Thunder (WayForward so it stands a good chance of being good, plus previews say its good)
Captain America: Super Soldier (Griptonite developed so could be good)
Max & the Magic Marker (should suit handheld touchscreen devices better than WiiWare)
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2
Devil Survivor 2
The new Kirby game.
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2
There are quite a bit of good games that have yet to come out for the DS. Feel free to proclaim that the DS is dying after the above games come out.

Multiskin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
ok, devil survivor 2, but with the devil survivor for 3ds and the prof layton, phoenix right crossover, besides love plus, street fighter, metal gear, resident evil we could say that ds is dying. Devil survivor 2 will be released in the middle of the year for ds, but IN JAPAN, seriously, what are the chances of they translating it after 3ds is realeased?

vaan1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
a new kirby game for ds nice!
i hope the ds won't die anytime soon though
i won't be able to get a 3ds so i'll stick to my dsi

Multiskin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
SoulSnatcher said:
JinTrigger said:
The DS isn't at the end of its lifespan just yet. Look at a few games Hadrian mentioned in another thread
QUOTE(Hadrian @ Mar 25 2011, 02:41 PM) Thor: God of Thunder (WayForward so it stands a good chance of being good, plus previews say its good)
Captain America: Super Soldier (Griptonite developed so could be good)
Max & the Magic Marker (should suit handheld touchscreen devices better than WiiWare)
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2
Devil Survivor 2
The new Kirby game.
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2
There are quite a bit of good games that have yet to come out for the DS. Feel free to proclaim that the DS is dying after the above games come out.

thor and captain america are movie games, and just like the others (like dozens of ds movie games) it probably will be a piece of shit, y' know. and yes it is dying, after that releases, what will be of ds?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiskin said:
ok, devil survivor 2, but with the devil survivor for 3ds and the prof layton, phoenix right crossover, besides love plus, street fighter, metal gear, resident evil we could say that ds is dying. Devil survivor 2 will be released in the middle of the year for ds, but IN JAPAN, seriously, what are the chances of they translating it after 3ds is realeased?
There's a good chance it will be. It has good following.

Multiskin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Ikki said:
The fact of a console getting games doesn't mean that another console is dying.
just means that it will be put on second layer and then sooner as we tought they won't make games for it, at least won't make good games (just look to poor ps2, 3 years after ps3 release and not even a single good game)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS' lifetime is over, if we're talking generation-wise. However if you mean dead as in "no more good games", there are more. One in particular is Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiskin said:
Ikki said:
just means that it will be put on second layer and then sooner as we tought they won't make games for it, at least won't make good games (just look to poor ps2, 3 years after ps3 release and not even a single good game)
But does that mean it's dying? Stores still sell it. And people still want stuff like ps2 BC on the ps3 still.

Heck I just bought a new ps2 a month ago.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Multiskin said:
Ikki said:
Of course it will be put on second layer but not every developer has a 3DS dev kit.

Just look at the GBA. The last game was released on 2008, 4 years after the DS launch.

mcr619619

Trophies
XP
Country
i hope it's not, give it a year, then it will slowly dies...or something like that...

note: im just buying my 1st DSlite..so please don't die..
rofl.gif

oliverlubbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. Since the 3DS is coming out the creators of games wont bother with the older model of portable gaming they will go for the 3DS since there arn't many games out yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...