DS Lite high quality USB charging cable?

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to play my DS Lite, but haven't used it for over a year so it's drained of battery so...

Anyone know where I could buy a braided high quality cable or non-braided? I quite like them braided, that's all.

Thanks.

Reactions: SylverReZ

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
High quality third party cable is not something that typically exists unless you roll your own, it was overlooked by the devs at the time* or it is 20 years on and someone makes something slightly fancy as supply has dwindled to the point of pushing prices up for others to consider it -- nobody is likely to buy a third party effort unless it is cheaper than first (or possibly the only thing in the shop, as was the case for the main high street/mall shops for games at the time and most years prior in the UK).

*arguably yes it was, also arguably no it wasn't as the wall wart era of 1000 custom chargers was not yet behind us so Nintendo could get away with not providing an official one.

I am not sure what I would do to source the ends right now (for many years I have considered making some for all sorts of custom game related things but eh there are more lucrative endeavours), and they are usually fiddly enough that it is not the sort of thing you want to try sorting from 3d printers or machine shops unless you have rather too much money. Even buying a cheap one to use the end from might be tricky compared to something you might be able to solder up nicely in other fields with nice little solder buckets.

Might be worth doing a USB conversion as they are easy enough and popular enough, and will solve the problem for all time.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I use. I don't have a DS lite, so I can't check that particular functionality, but it works perfectly fine on my original DS and my New 3DSXL, and even both at the same time. It's not braided, but that wasn't a concern for me.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: