Gaming DS lite touchscreen not working properly

ryan90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So i have been playing the DS okami which was released recently and everything was going fine until this morning, i turned on okami to find that when i drew the lines were all broken up and that everything was dotted rather than joined, the screen obviously isn't working properly anymore and im certain its because i let my little sister play with it(she was pressing really hard on the screen), there are no pressure marks though.

Do you think this problem might just fix itself or is there anything i can do to the screen to try and get it back to normal

P.S I have already tried recalibrating, not sure if applying pressure might help?

P.P.S I have also tested pictochat and mario 64 ds both give me the same results or dotted lines where it doesn't seem to be able to pick up the pressure being placed on the screen, pushing harder also doesn't seem to do any good its like certain areas of the screen are just dead.

P.P.P.S Just tested pictochat again and it would seem that the left side of the screen is worse than the right

MF Tlaxcala

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ryan90 said:
So i have been playing the DS okami which was released recently and everything was going fine until this morning, i turned on okami to find that when i drew the lines were all broken up and that everything was dotted rather than joined, the screen obviously isn't working properly anymore and im certain its because i let my little sister play with it(she was pressing really hard on the screen), there are no pressure marks though.

Do you think this problem might just fix itself or is there anything i can do to the screen to try and get it back to normal

P.S I have already tried recalibrating, not sure if applying pressure might help?

P.P.S I have also tested pictochat and mario 64 ds both give me the same results or dotted lines where it doesn't seem to be able to pick up the pressure being placed on the screen, pushing harder also doesn't seem to do any good its like certain areas of the screen are just dead.

P.P.P.S Just tested pictochat again and it would seem that the left side of the screen is worse than the right
I suggest to bring it back to the shop where you bought it. In most cases they advising you to sent it to Nintendo. There (if the ds still is covered under warranty) they will mostly sent you a new ds..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3