DS ROM Flood - More like a tsunami

E

exile

QUOTE([N said:
Gamer @ Jun 18 2005, 08:20 PM)]0037 - Super Mario 64 DS - USA

In this way we could be in 1 week at rom 0100Â
happy.gif

Btw, it's a shame that Tiger Woods PGA Tour isn't dumped yet. I'm really enjoying it..

Unless some more games get released retail next week then we will only be at 90.

I do admit my list above could be wrong though
tongue.gif
, maybe 100.

Chetic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it even possible to run NDS roms on a EZ3Flash ?

not untill theres a loader.
lecture.gif
HA! So there will be a DS loader to load from a EZ3, going to order one right away. THnx
The 1Gb EZ III is the most troublesome flash cart you could get today, without a doubt.
You might just regret it
lecture.gif

I heard the Silver Moon Team were doing the loader...

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
There's also a European demo version of Mario 64 which doesn't seem to be on anyone's list. It doesn't seem to be as prolific as the Wario demo in stores though.

Xboxed

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
QUOTE said:
The 1Gb EZ III is the most troublesome flash cart you could get today, without a doubt.
You might just regret it
lecture.gif

Three weeks now and not a single problem so far with mine. I got like 20 GBA games plus Gamegear, GBC and NES roms and everything works fine. Maybe the earlier loaders were kinda troublesome, but for me...just fun and games.

The only problems I see with the EZIII:

You can only have 1 game of 256 Mb running at the time. So, unless they update the loader....you will be stuck with just one DS game....or 2-128 Mb ones. There was some word of a new update that will let ya save your 256 Mb roms on the 1GB side and then load them to the 256 Mb flash side, allowing more than 1 256 Mb games. I hope this become a reality.

The kinda obvious second problem will be running 512 Mb roms...it's almost a fact that the games will grow in complexity and size as time goes by. So...No 512 Mb roms for the EZ Flash III, unless theres some way to stream the data or something...which, is kinda complicated, or impossible at the moment.

My 2 cents.

face_kicker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Damn...NDS Bonanza yet again!:) Any recommendations on what to get to play these. I already got the NDS....give me some gudance people! hehehe
biggrin.gif
. Seriously though...Is there a guide on-site that can help me with getting what I need?

Chetic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Three weeks now and not a single problem so far with mine. I got like 20 GBA games plus Gamegear, GBC and NES roms and everything works fine. Maybe the earlier loaders were kinda troublesome, but for me...just fun and games.

You're talking about using it for GBA, not DS.
As you said yourself, it can only run 256Mbit. The DS has 512Mbit games.
It's supposed to be a 1Gbit cart but it can't do 512Mbit. Know what I mean?

Also, there might be roms at 1Gbit (or possibly more) eventually, for movies or whatever.

Damn...NDS Bonanza yet again!:) Any recommendations on what to get to play these. I already got the NDS....give me some gudance people! heheheÂ
biggrin.gif
. Seriously though...Is there a guide on-site that can help me with getting what I need?
I recommend the XG2T 1Gbit. It seems to me to be the most priceworthy. Also it will run like a Neoflash so you might get an advantage with that later on.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Super_Mario_64_DS.(U).(Trashman).zip
Ping_Pals.(U).(GBXR).zip

Sprung.(U).REDUMP.(GBXR).zip
GBXR claims the Independent dump was bad.

E

exile

The difference with Mario is that Darkfader had the rom encrypted and included a "decrypted area.bin" file on his two releases. When the rom is checked it gives the rom a complete and valid header. If you check any of the new roms it will tell you that they fail.

NDS Top System says:

Darkfader's V2 release---

Logo Code CF56 (OK)
Header CRC FD28 (OK)
Secure CRC CAC3 (OK)
CRC32 8F076516

Rom Header is correct.

Trashman's release----

Logo Code CF56 (OK)
Header CRC FD28 (OK)
Secure CRC CAC3 (Decrypted)
CRC 32 70789172

Rom Header is corrupted.

This rom doesn't have the original secure area data, it seems that it has been decrypted.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The difference with Mario is that Darkfader had the rom encrypted and included a "decrypted area.bin" file on his two releases. When the rom is checked it gives the rom a complete and valid header. If you check any of the new roms it will tell you that they fail.

NDS Top System says:

Darkfader's V2 release---

Logo Code CF56 (OK)
Header CRC FD28 (OK)
Secure CRC CAC3 (OK)
CRC32 8F076516

Rom Header is correct.

Trashman's release----

Logo Code CF56 (OK)
Header CRC FD28 (OK)
Secure CRC CAC3 (Decrypted)
CRC 32 70789172

Rom Header is corrupted.

This rom doesn't have the original secure area data, it seems that it has been decrypted.

So yeah...is that a bad thing?

E

exile

LOL, you are asking the wrong person. To me "bad" is not being able to play these games or needed them redumped to play them. So if they play fine decrypted and that is the format the loader will need them in to boot, then I don't see anything bad about it.

But to be honest I don't know how much it matters or will matter. I assume the encrypted area would not be needed anyways.

EDIT......

Which brings up an interesting thought. What is to stop these from booting with Darkain's loader if they are decrypted? How does it then tell the difference between them and homebrew?

I am sure I am just not thinking about something simple and missing the point. It is late here after all.

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So... are you saying that these are bad roms? Will they have to be redumped eventually? This still doesn't answer my question... why was Super Mario 64 released again if Darkfader released an identical one?

Angerfist

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rewiredds.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it even possible to run NDS roms on a EZ3Flash ?

not untill theres a loader.
lecture.gif

HA! So there will be a DS loader to load from a EZ3, going to order one right away. THnx
You might just regret it
lecture.gif

Ok i cancelled my order, which one should i get then?

wacko.gif

Chetic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So... are you saying that these are bad roms? Will they have to be redumped eventually? This still doesn't answer my question... why was Super Mario 64 released again if Darkfader released an identical one?

If you mean the first two dumps; They're faulty, DF didn't dump them right.

QUOTE(Angerfist @ Jun 19 2005, 12:19 PM)Ok i cancelled my order, which one should i get then?

wacko.gif
I definatly say XG2T 1Gbit, you'll have a great flash cart for the price of a normal one that will be able to act as Neoflash
smile.gif

Angerfist

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rewiredds.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, i will look into that one then. ..

QUOTE said:
The cart also uses a new way to handle saves. While other carts use inner batteries, the XG2 has changed things around by using a Super Memory Stick function. This means that you will not have to ever worry about your saves being lost, as the SMS will always keep your saves. However, the system may seem quite awkward at first, as the SMS only keeps one active save at once, so if you decide to play another game, you have to backup the save from the first game before switching. It's weird, but I guess it would not be so hard to get used to it.

I found this to be quite disturbing though. As i don't play (much) with my DS when i'm at home...

Xboxed

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You're talking about using it for GBA, not DS.
As you said yourself, it can only run 256Mbit. The DS has 512Mbit games.
It's supposed to be a 1Gbit cart but it can't do 512Mbit. Know what I mean?

Also, there might be roms at 1Gbit (or possibly more) eventually, for movies or whatever.

Just as I said...
wink.gif

QUOTE(Xboxed @ Jun 18 2005, 11:32AM)The kinda obvious second problem will be running 512 Mb roms...it's almost a fact that the games will grow in complexity and size as time goes by. So...No 512 Mb roms for the EZ Flash III, unless theres some way to stream the data or something...which, is kinda complicated, or impossible at the moment.

Anyway....lets hope the loader helps for a better (and bigger) cart compatibility.

Peace

E

exile

If you mean the first two dumps; They're faulty, DF didn't dump them right.

Ok i cancelled my order, which one should i get then?

wacko.gif
I definatly say XG2T 1Gbit, you'll have a great flash cart for the price of a normal one that will be able to act as Neoflash
smile.gif

Um....no. DF dumped the v2 roms exactly right. He just dumped them encrypted.

All I am saying IxthusTiger is that right now since I don't know how the loader is going to work, I don't know what form the roms will need to be in. So I can't tell you if not have them encrypted is bad or not. It is my assumption that how they are being dumped now will be how they will be played (since SMT released the dump method and is working on the loader). Does that make it clear? They just can't pass as complete and valid headers because they do not have that encrypted area.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/WwFuB1GRKz4