Hacking DS screen won't calibrate

Uchiha Obito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So my DS is getting a little decalibrated... So I went to the menu to calibrate the touch screen.

Problem is that even with the finest piece of crap (toothpick, etc.) I can't calibrate my Touch Screen... The thing goes on and on and on and on and on until get's past 5min or so and I get bored and go out... I think my DS is just doing that to pick on my nerves...

Anyway, yes I have a screen protector, but to do it I always remove it... Still can I do something with it??? I really want to calibrate this thing since it's all screw up!

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem with my DS Phat... Not sure what caused it or how to make it stop.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy a new 3rd party touch screen from flebay. Not too hard to replace just be very carefull with the ribbon cable connector.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
before attempting to replace the touch screen. take a clean soft toothbrush (one that you're not going to use again for brushing your teeth!
lecture.gif
) and gently brush at the edges of the touch screen where touch screen meets both the plastic frame as well as the bottom half of the DS lite's shell.

getting anything stuck in between the edge can cause issues with detecting the stylus' position as well as being able to properly calibrate it.

if you do need to replace it, I would recommend going with this one from DX:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14288

it is made of plastic like the original, and packaged nicer with protective film on both sides (at least the last ones that I ordered were)

Nick™

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've got the same problem with my DS Lite. i tryied almost everything, i spent like 20 minutes trying to calibrate the touch screen. The only thing that worked a bit was when i touched it REALLY fast, but it isn't 100% still.
@off topic
I see you're from portugal xD
if you're having big problems, you need to buy a new touch screen. i really don't care so much about my touch screen cuz it's not so much decalibrated

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goten said:
Problem is that even with the finest piece of crap (toothpick, etc.) I can't calibrate my Touch Screen...

That's a contradiction. OBJECTION!!!!!!

er....

Yeah on dealextreme touch screen digitizers are like $3 and it's easy to replace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi