Country
United States
It's been two days without activity !!! Keep up Keep up !! Trust your instinct
wink.gif

Hahahah
rofl2.gif
I'm still here, just busy on stuff that makes me money
rolleyes.gif
Not as much fun, but it keeps the roof over my head.

A little update, I'm trying to find out how to get IDA Pro to recognized code that has been statically linked in from a DLL.

Why?

There is zblib inflate in the updater, but its not the same zlib that is in the INDY libraries from what I can tell.
The string, "inflate 1.2.3 Copyright 1995-2005 Mark Adler" appears in the updater.exe, but not in the indy libraries. However this string does appear in the official zlib1.dll now that could mean.

1) The updater code statically linked the code from zlib1.dll into its build.
2) The updater code compiled the zlib inflate routine from the publically available source.
3) The updater uses a different version of the INDY libraries, I have looked at INDY versions 9.0.18 and 10.1.5.0

If anyone has any answers or suggestions, please post.
In the mean time I will try and get zlib1.dll into IDA Pro and see if can recognize the code in the updater.exe when it disassembles it.

IDA is a pretty deep program, so there's a fair bit to learn at each step, it took me an evening to research how to use flirt to make signature files (.SIG). But now the disassembly does recognise 34 references of the CYAPI.LIB which where just unknown function calls/references before.

So thats where its at, currently.

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

I converted the offical zlib1.dll using a utility dll to lib http://www.binary-soft.com/

made a sig file with the converted zlib1.lib, then tried a disassemble in IDA, no function calls where recognized from zlib1.dll so it looks like the inflate is comming from somewhere else or the dll to lib somehow changed the look of the code.

Maybe it is in the INDY librarys?

Any ideas, anyone?

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I just search my Borland C++ Builder 6 and Codegear C++ Builder 2007 folders for "inflate 1.2.3" without success.
I would suspect that Borland/Codegear uses the same Indy library version for Delphi and C++ Builder.
I just couldn't find the actual version number of the Indy libraries used...
(That's is no 100% proof. I just used the windows search function...)

If you throw "inflate 1.2.3 Copyright 1995-2005 Mark Adler" at google it gives you some 300 hundred results
that look at first glance like that code snippet belongs to sources that are compiled in other projects...

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
I dumped 1.1.2 launcher (so basically a DS-X nds file)
HOWEVER:
Decompiling with ndstool doesn't give useful stuff. Only some files you'd find in an nds file's root. An arm7 (with repeating stuff?). Arm9 is 2MB. Some other files.
overlay folder is empty.
No$GBA crashes on loading.

I have NO idea how it could be useful, but here it is:
http://rapidshare.com/files/86520273/AYIE01.NDS

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
HOWEVER:
Decompiling with ndstool doesn't give useful stuff. Only some files you'd find in an nds file's root. An arm7 (with repeating stuff?). Arm9 is 2MB. Some other files.
overlay folder is empty.

A proper DS-X dump doesn't crash no$gba. Yours is a bad dump done with either WRG dumper or Rudolph's Slot 2 version. To create a proper dump you must use Rudolph's Wi-Fi version.

The DS-X dump released back in august (from DS-X with 1.1.0) was a bad dump for the same reason. See my post on this thread for sample pics of proper dumps running under no$gba.

gedly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's been two days without activity !!! Keep up Keep up !! Trust your instinct
wink.gif

Hahahah
rofl2.gif
I'm still here, just busy on stuff that makes me money
rolleyes.gif
Not as much fun, but it keeps the roof over my head.

A little update, I'm trying to find out how to get IDA Pro to recognized code that has been statically linked in from a DLL.

So thats where its at, currently.

Hey, if people keep hassling you for updates, just try

We thank you for your loyalty and patience during this period and would like to assure all of you that we are still here and still very much behind our product.

Apparently, everyone should be satisfied with that for months and months!

smile.gif

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
HOWEVER:
overlay folder is empty.

A proper DS-X dump doesn't crash no$gba. Yours is a bad dump done with either WRG dumper or Rudolph's Slot 2 version. To create a proper dump you must use Rudolph's Wi-Fi version.

The DS-X dump released back in august (from DS-X with 1.1.0) was a bad dump for the same reason. See my post on this thread for sample pics of proper dumps running under no$gba.
Hah, I see. I used the G6 Flash dumper.

hypersonic

Trophies
XP
Country
First post here and would just like to say that i think that your making a huge sacrifice for all of us on here. Thank you for at least attmpting to show what this card can really do, even if you never actually make it were all behind you and wish you all the best in trying to make the dsx workable with anything newer than last summers titles.

thx

jackkill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Because I believe in open source. firmware version 1.1.3 (skin 1.1.3 not included, maybe use version 1.1.2).
Ill try it now and edit the post. [ yop skin 1.1.2 works very well]
the news.ds-x.com still don't show this update but this download link work: http://update.ds-x.com/Ds_Xtreme_updater_v1.3.zip
in case its removed : ds-x firware version 1.1.3 final.rar - 2.02MB
(this one include update.txt and update.bin)

well I believe the web site will be updated in the next hours
wub.gif
, anyway to be cautious is good too
biggrin.gif

I LOVE DS-X

PS: i didn't post this in the official forum because of my respect and love for the DS-X (creators, team, and devices
bow.gif
)

jackkill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
wink2.gif
hmm Ive lanched the updater in vista ultimate, it shows that the web firmware is the 1.1.3 and after I run it (very fast update ~2seconds) my ds-x 2GB shows 1.1.3 BETA!!!
in the update.txt we have :
"DS-Xtreme V1.0.0",9cab31ab7a43cf9d5e1c59951a4484ac
"DS-Xtreme V1.0.1",7381be77d287ac05cd4f956db0443664
"DS-Xtreme V1.0.2",51f8949ce387e2321d828822da61835b
"DS-Xtreme V1.1.0",fbd27c30e95d6e8ffa64f7765c0b11c2
"DS-Xtreme V1.1.2",db93c2fb58cfc480f9f2df97b836d17e
"DS-Xtreme V1.1.3 BETA",e6f87dcacb178c4715e0a25b8a13109d

haha oups we have this written in the change LOG:"DS-X proud to announce the release of a long awaited update, DS-X OS 1.1.3" with no changes specified.
(inside the os the about shows version 1.1.3 only, no beta)
anyway I hope its not the old 1.1.3c beta
wacko.gif

ill try it to find any changes

PS: the speed of the update process is a little frustrating given the time we waited for it
grog.gif

jackkill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
rofl2.gif

1st change: full arm7 compatibility for developers ( no more patch needed )
yaynds.gif

2nd no change: file system as slow as ever (BOOST it with this : http://forums.ds-xtreme.com/showthread.php?t=5787 ) up to 4 times faster loadings on everything
ph34r.gif
{edit: it was the fact that i didnt selected "use preset directories" in my DSX options that was slowing it a lot}
3rd change: Oh GOD... no more 2MB saves corruption (tried twice on my very beloved app which DO corrupt without fail on the 1.1.2 after i resave {i had then to keep my app cartdrige with me all the time
frown.gif
, now no more
laugh.gif
) welcome homebrew 2MB saves
grog.gif

4th no change : still no on the fly dldi patching on unpatched homebrews
shy.gif

5th change : save file is in another format (a chunk of junk octet after the name of the game, then gzip compression, but still something different....)
I think thats it, now that no more bug is here, the door to the fpga and manual scan and cache of the apps and music list is to come hehehe
rofl2.gif
the other ds cards will feel deeply how great is our DS-X when its full power is unleached..F...P...G...A.

wub.gif
DS-X, now we may get more intimate
wtf.gif

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Because I believe in open source. firmware version 1.1.3 (skin 1.1.3 not included, maybe use version 1.1.2).
Ill try it now and edit the post. [ yop skin 1.1.2 works very well]
the news.ds-x.com still don't show this update but this download link work: http://update.ds-x.com/Ds_Xtreme_updater_v1.3.zip
in case its removed : ds-x firware version 1.1.3 final.rar - 2.02MB
(this one include update.txt and update.bin)

well I believe the web site will be updated in the next hours
wub.gif
, anyway to be cautious is good tooÂ
biggrin.gif

I LOVE DS-X

PS: i didn't post this in the official forum because of my respect and love for the DS-X (creators, team, and devicesÂ
bow.gif
)
I did. I don't really care if I get banned. But in fact, Im not breaking any rules So they can't really ban me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's something I'd expect from ancientboi +1