MrNintendosense
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi here are some Corrections/Improvements to a few of your Questions

Q: Wait so with this new amounts of power on the DSi, does that mean we could have an N64 emulator?
biggrin.gif

A: NO

Q: Why?
A: :Sigh: Take the PSP for example, the PSP 3000 (the latest model) has 64 MB of Ram and a 333 Mhz processor, and it can only emulate N64 games at 1/2 the speed they're meant to be paid...AT BEST. And don't even bring up the Super Mario 64 port. That was a port, "so they dumbed down the graphics."
Correction: No they recoded the game from the ground up and improved the Graphics have you played both games?

Q: Well if they dumbed down the Super Mario 64 port...why is there so much more stuff in the DS version?
A: That proves nothing besides the fact that DS Cards can hold more files than N64 cards.
Correction: no DS carts go up to 256MB so do N64 Carts. there is more stuff because it was a remake

Q: Well then could the DSi run PS1 games?
A: The PS1 is basically the same thing as the N64 just a little bit less (or maybe more...not sure). So the answer still stays as a no.
Correction: wrong The ps1s processor ran at 33.8688 MHz the N64 was clocked at 93.75 MHz

Q: Well how bout PSP emulation on a DS?
A: No. A DSi playing a PSP is basically the same case as the PS1 or N64. The PSP is basically the portable PS1. So if it can't play PS1 games it definitely can't play PSP games.
Correction: The psp is not basically a portable ps1 more like a portable ps2 PSP is clocked at 333MHz playstation is 33.8688 MHz

Q: What does the words DS stand for anyways?
A: There are two meaning, Dual Screen (since it has two screens) and Dolphin System (this was the code name for the DS in it's early stages).
Correction: The code name for the ds in its early stages was Project Nitro "Dolphin" as you call it is the GameCubes project name The DS was also known as Developers System though

Q: Why call it the DSi?
A: Honestly I have no idea.
Improvement: Because its a personal Device one for the Individual for personal use as where the wii it a group thing. so the short answer is the I in DSi stands for individual this was discussed in the Iwata asks segment on the DSi

Q: I heard Nintendo will start making DSi only games, does this mean the DS Lite and Phat will be obsolete?
A: There's a very slim chance of that. Nintendo never said anything about stopping the production of normal DS games, and they also announced they'd be making games that work on the DS Lite and Phat but have some features only accessible if you're on the DSi. So that means they're planning on keeping the DS Lite and Phat for awhile.
Improvement: Well technically yes the DS and DSL are obsolete because the DSi has twice the processing power and 4x the ram.

[/quote]

bobfernando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Q: Is the DSi's charger incompatible with the other two DS's just like the DS Lite was with the Phat?
A: Yes

Might want to rephrase this to "Is the DSi charger compatible with the two other DS models?", and switch the answer.

QUOTE said:
Q: In camera mode when I am moving my DSi the view of the camera seems to move very slow...why is this?
A: They are .3 Megapixel cameras...so they're only as good as about cell phone cameras.
Im fairly sure this doesnt have to do with the resolution of the cameras as it does the processor load. The more image that is moving through the eyes of the lens, the slower it will move.

QUOTE said:
Q: What are the current colors out?
A: In all regions there are 5 colors (that I know of), Matte Black, White, Lime Green (Japan Only Currently), Pink(Japan Only Currently), Metallic Blue. Wikipedia said the blue one was Japan only but I don't know alot of people say their gamestops have had the blue.

Yes, North America gets both Black and the cyan Blue DSi's.

Im pretty sure that in the latest "Iwata Asks" (or in some interview) , the president stated that the 'i' stands for the cameras, as in 'eye'. Kinda lame if you ask me. This whole 'i' craze is getting a bit redundant.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wolfmanz51 said:
Hi here are some Corrections/Improvements to a few of your Questions

Q: Wait so with this new amounts of power on the DSi, does that mean we could have an N64 emulator?
biggrin.gif

A: NO

Q: Why?
A: :Sigh: Take the PSP for example, the PSP 3000 (the latest model) has 64 MB of Ram and a 333 Mhz processor, and it can only emulate N64 games at 1/2 the speed they're meant to be paid...AT BEST. And don't even bring up the Super Mario 64 port. That was a port, "so they dumbed down the graphics."
Correction: No they recoded the game from the ground up and improved the Graphics have you played both games?

Q: Well if they dumbed down the Super Mario 64 port...why is there so much more stuff in the DS version?
A: That proves nothing besides the fact that DS Cards can hold more files than N64 cards.
Correction: no DS carts go up to 256MB so do N64 Carts. there is more stuff because it was a remake

Q: Well then could the DSi run PS1 games?
A: The PS1 is basically the same thing as the N64 just a little bit less (or maybe more...not sure). So the answer still stays as a no.
Correction: wrong The ps1s processor ran at 33.8688 MHz the N64 was clocked at 93.75 MHz

Q: Well how bout PSP emulation on a DS?
A: No. A DSi playing a PSP is basically the same case as the PS1 or N64. The PSP is basically the portable PS1. So if it can't play PS1 games it definitely can't play PSP games.
Correction: The psp is not basically a portable ps1 more like a portable ps2 PSP is clocked at 333MHz playstation is 33.8688 MHz

Q: What does the words DS stand for anyways?
A: There are two meaning, Dual Screen (since it has two screens) and Dolphin System (this was the code name for the DS in it's early stages).
Correction: The code name for the ds in its early stages was Project Nitro "Dolphin" as you call it is the GameCubes project name The DS was also known as Developers System though

Improvement: Because its a personal Device one for the Individual for personal use as where the wii it a group thing. so the short answer is the I in DSi stands for individual this was discussed in the Iwata asks segment on the DSi

Q: I heard Nintendo will start making DSi only games, does this mean the DS Lite and Phat will be obsolete?
A: There's a very slim chance of that. Nintendo never said anything about stopping the production of normal DS games, and they also announced they'd be making games that work on the DS Lite and Phat but have some features only accessible if you're on the DSi. So that means they're planning on keeping the DS Lite and Phat for awhile.
Improvement: Well technically yes the DS and DSL are obsolete because the DSi has twice the processing power and 4x the ram.

1. I have played both games.

2. A remake doesn't always mean they'll add things.

3. I was not talking about how much their processor's were clocked for. If you compare a Ps1 game to an N64 game, you will notice the N64 is better by a bit...but they are still pretty close.

4. I realize how much a PSP is clocked at, I also realize that they can run better games than a PS1. I was just calling it the portable PS1 because it's simpler to just say that than explain "No the PSP is actually more powerful than a PS1, but almost equal to the N64". Remember this FAQs mainly for people who are new at this and it's best to just keep some things simple. I'm not going to include this because this is a FAQ for a DSi not a PSP...

5. Well from what I've heard and read in Nintendo Power (basically Nintendo's Magazine, even though they are not directly owned by Nintendo) it was Dual Screen, Dolphin System, and some other techinical phrase that made up DS.

6. Ok thanks for that.

7. No, just because a remake of a system is better doesn't mean the original one is obsolete. The fact that Nintendo and other third party gaming companies will continue to make cards that work on the older systems says that they are not obsolete.

EDIT:

@bobfernando
Ok, thanks. I will update the FAQ with that information (also I figured out that there are two types of blacks, we have the cyan black your mentioned and Japan has a darker Metallic Black).

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a things I found out while using the DSi:

The DSi's sound function can play music when closed only when a headphone is inserted.
The DSi can read a limited number of files in a folder - so 400 AAC songs in one folder is a no-no (at least for sounds).

Malboro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
QUOTE said:
Q: Why did Nintendo remove the GBA Slot?
A: I have not seen an official statement from Nintendo yet saying why they removed it. But my guess it so that they could make money selling GBA games on the DSiShop, similar to the Wii's Virtual Console

I found this:
QUOTENintendo says it killed GBA slot to make the system smaller, but we're sure plenty of folks would have lived with the 2-3 extra millimeters to play their library of older games.
http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/gallerie...-worst/?page=11

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.

Malboro, once my connection is a little less crappy and I can actually load a page without having to wait 10 minutes, I'll update the FAQ (my connection was fine Tuesday...this started last afternoon...someone in my house must be torrenting something).

Anyways, I'm going to Six Flags for Easter Break so I can't update the FAQ til Saturday (I'm leaving this afternoon).

But feel free to suggest questions and changes to the FAQ. And keep it bumped up to the first page please ^^

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice faq. Some good info in there

DeltaBurnt said:
@bobfernando
Ok, thanks. I will update the FAQ with that information (also I figured out that there are two types of blacks, we have the cyan black your mentioned and Japan has a darker Metallic Black).
I think you mean blue. There are two types of blue.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Szyslak said:
Nice faq. Some good info in there

DeltaBurnt said:
@bobfernando
I think you mean blue. There are two types of blue.

Thanks...and about the blue....sorry my brain hasn't been working recently >.<

But I'm pretty sure when I updated the FAQ I said blue, so it should be ok.

VDias

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have one question:
I want to by th DSi but i dont wanna buy a new card. Does the DSLinker work on the DSi?

If you can answer, thank you very much.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VDias said:
I have one question:
I want to by th DSi but i dont wanna buy a new card. Does the DSLinker work on the DSi?

It definitely does not. You would need a new card for the DSi.

VDias

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(VDias @ Apr 10 2009, 09:21 AM)
I have one question:

It definitely does not. You would need a new card for the DSi.

Another thing:
I live in europe (portugal) if I use f.e. AK 2i does it work on an european DSi?
unsure.gif

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
its been bugging me about the psp- ps1, ps2 issue here:

heres the rundown ppl:

the psp is slightly more powerful than the ps2 but doesn't have THAT much power that it can emulate ps2 games or so I've heard...
now if the psp was even more powerful it could run ps2 game technically. Also currently SOME n64 games have been able to run at decent - full speed, not alot but the emulator's team is there improving it...

Regards,

IchigoK2031

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
i have a question.......is ak2i firmware updatable so that it can bypass nintendo's updates on dsi...The loader is updatable, but there' no way to know what type of check Nintendo will put in with future DSi firmware versions. So there's no way to know if a loader update could bypass any new checks.

Short answer: We don't know. Wait and see, just like the rest of us.

QUOTE(VDias @ Apr 10 2009, 11:02 AM) Another thing:
I live in europe (portugal) if I use f.e. AK 2i does it work on an european DSi?
unsure.gif
Yes, it does right now, with DSi firmware 1.3. There's no way to know if it will work on future DSi firmware versions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...