Hacking DSI rom error load -4

istian69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi can someone can help me how to get work some dsi rom in dstti latest fw version 1.17 and ysmenu latest version. i have games like - my cooking coach.nds , my healty cooking.dsi and classic word game.nds all of those wont work in dstti or ysmenu. and .dsi extension wont show up in folder. everytime i run those game show error code "load rom errcode=-4".

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
Those games are DSi games. There is no flash cart on the market - AT ALL - which can play DSi games. They call them "i" compatible flashcarts simply because it can run on the DSi, not because it plays DSi games.

Currently we have no way of running anything in DSi mode as it has a kind of encryption we cannot break. You will just have to wait.

Another issue is that the DSTTi will probably never run DSi games - even when we HAVE cracked DSi-mode - because we will probably need new hardware (not a sorftware update) in the flash carts to use this mode.

And finally: what the hell is a .dsi? We can't actually dump DSi games yet, so we definitely don't have an extension for them. The only reason those games have a dump at all is because they are just "DSi-enhanced", which means they will run on the normal DS and will do extra stuff on the DSi. But, as I said, these dumps only have the regular DS part of the rom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: in that case.. Both +1