Madikan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I have a DSi with TWiLightMenu++, HiyaCFW, etc. Everything works as it should and everything is up to date.

Normally, when I want to play DSiWare games, I install them with TMFH (Title Manager for Hiya), launch them the first time via Unlaunch (so that the save data gets created, it usually first shows up as corrupted and then gets overwritten), and if it boots up correctly I can then launch them via TM++ everytime I want to play them (it worked like this for Flipnote Studio and Zelda Four Swords). They also then show up in EmuNAND's standard DSi Menu.

Today I tried the exact same thing with Cave Story, and while the process works flawlessly, when I launch the game it says that the data is corrupted and needs to be overwritten (that's normal) but then it says "Couldn't create NAND save file (errno. 14)". And I can't do anything from there.

Usually it overwrites the data without any problem (like with the two other DSiWare games mentioned), so is it specific to this game or is there something I can do to make it work ?

Thank you very much!

Last edited by Madikan,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello. :)

I have tried it and it works after one reboot.:unsure:

Please try to boot in Unlaunch (holding "A" while powering on your DSi) to TWLMENUPP instead of HIYACFW.Maybe this works.

Is your "Cave Story" a Backup from an original or from "somewhere" ?

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Madikan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I figured it out (somehow)

I just deleted the title using TMFH, deleted the corresponding folders on the SD card and tried to boot it from TM++ directly, worked flawlessly!

Thank you though :)

Reactions: Alexander1970

Jergum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there!

If you manage to read this, it will be much appreciated! So I was able to get a copy of the DSIware Cave Story on my DSI (running it through Twilightmenu++, latest version) and it works fine, but only problem is that, and similar to yours, it won't save. Whenever I save in game and die, I get the message:

Profile data in slot 1
has been corrupted and
must be deleted.

Press any button to continue.

and whenever I turn off my DSI and try to play where I left off, the only three options of play are "new game"

any ideas as to how i can fix that? again, it would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by Jergum,

Jergum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it out (somehow)

I just deleted the title using TMFH, deleted the corresponding folders on the SD card and tried to boot it from TM++ directly, worked flawlessly!

Thank you though :)

Update: can you go into more detail as to how you figured it out?

Sammy6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there!

If you manage to read this, it will be much appreciated! So I was able to get a copy of the DSIware Cave Story on my DSI (running it through Twilightmenu++, latest version) and it works fine, but only problem is that, and similar to yours, it won't save. Whenever I save in game and die, I get the message:

Profile data in slot 1
has been corrupted and
must be deleted.

Press any button to continue.

and whenever I turn off my DSI and try to play where I left off, the only three options of play are "new game"

any ideas as to how i can fix that? again, it would be highly appreciated.
Sorry for necroposting, but did you ever find a fix for this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Perpo @ Perpo: heyy does anybody knows a library where to find shader cache for ryujinx?