OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap
(dsiware-game-injection)

This is my first time I’ve hacked a 3DS on my own. I followed everything on that guide thoroughly but screwed up on one part.

At Step 3 of that guide, I didn’t format my N3DS because I didn’t want to remove everything on it. So I skipped to Step 4 and went straight to removing the NNID on the O3DS. (It's at the beginning of Step 4 on the third bullet point.)

So I formatted the N3DS and did the System Transfer, but the DSiWare game Sudoku (for the injection) didn’t transfer over from O3DS to N3DS. My O3DS still is hacked however.

The problem is that I deleted the NNID from the O3DS before the system transfer. Sudoku didn't transfer over to the N3DS. Should I make another NNID and buy the game again?

Edit: I fixed the DSiMenu++ issue.

Last edited by dakotam00,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(dsiware-game-injection)

So this is the first time I've done Homebrew on my own. I've followed everything thoroughly and I've screwed up on one part.
I was around Step 3 on the guide linked above and I saw that you had to format your system so I was like nah I don't wanna do that to my main n3DS since I was transferring from an o3DS. So I skipped to Step 4 and removed the NNID on the o3DS. Eventually I just formatted and said the Switch was the future and nothing bad will really happen to my n3DS. So I formatted and did the system transfer but when I did the DSiWare game Sudoku needed to continue didn't transfer over. My o3DS still has everything on it like Luma, Godmode9, Homebrew Channel.
I also installed DSiMenu++ the night before and when I booted up Sudoku the first time the day after DSiMenu++ was installed, it took me straight to DSiMenu++. So I removed the DSiMenu++ folder and it's related downloads from the SD Card and it went to a white screen saying DSiMenu++ not found but I didn't delete the DSiMenu++ app on my o3DS itself. That could be a problem too.
So if deleting the NNID before the transfer because it had Sudoku attached to the NNID, how do I fix that? Make another NNID and buy the game again?
Or if DSiMenu++ was the issue, do I remove the DSiMenu++ app itself from the o3DS?

I'm re-writing your difficult to read post because it has too many grammatical issues in understanding the message. No one will help you if we can't exactly read and interpret what you meant. Please feel free in clarifying your points if something was missed or re-worded incorrectly.

This is my first time I’ve hacked a 3DS on my own. I followed everything on that guide thoroughly but screwed up on one part.

At around Step 3 of that guide, I didn’t reformat my N3DS because I didn’t want to remove everything on it. Since I’m transferring stuff from my O3DS to the N3DS, I skipped Step 4 and went straight to removing the NNID on the O3DS.

[Something about reformatting??? and believing System Transfer should be fine].

After the System Transfer, the DSiWare game Sudoku didn’t transfer over from O3DS to N3DS. My O3DS still has everything on it like Luma3DS, GodMode9, and Homebrew Launcher.

I also installed DSiMenu++ (on the O3DS??) the night before. When I launched Sudoku for the first time the next day after DSiMenu++ was installed, it took me straight to DSiMenu++.

I removed the DSiMenu++ folder and its related files from the SD card. Launching Sudoku again lead me to a white screen stating DSiMenu++ isn’t found, even though the DSiMenu++ app wasn’t deleted off the O3DS. I believe DSiMenu++ could be a part of the problem in this.

How do I fixed this, even though I deleted the NNID before the transfer? Is it because Sudoku was linked to that NNID? Should I make another NNID and buy the game again?

If DSiMenu++ is the issue, should I remove DSiMenu++ app from the O3DS?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(dsiware-game-injection)

So this is the first time I've done Homebrew on my own. I've followed everything thoroughly and I've screwed up on one part.
I was around Step 3 on the guide linked above and I saw that you had to format your system so I was like nah I don't wanna do that to my main n3DS since I was transferring from an o3DS. So I skipped to Step 4 and removed the NNID on the o3DS. Eventually I just formatted and said the Switch was the future and nothing bad will really happen to my n3DS. So I formatted and did the system transfer but when I did the DSiWare game Sudoku needed to continue didn't transfer over. My o3DS still has everything on it like Luma, Godmode9, Homebrew Channel.
I also installed DSiMenu++ the night before and when I booted up Sudoku the first time the day after DSiMenu++ was installed, it took me straight to DSiMenu++. So I removed the DSiMenu++ folder and it's related downloads from the SD Card and it went to a white screen saying DSiMenu++ not found but I didn't delete the DSiMenu++ app on my o3DS itself. That could be a problem too.
So if deleting the NNID before the transfer because it had Sudoku attached to the NNID, how do I fix that? Make another NNID and buy the game again?
Or if DSiMenu++ was the issue, do I remove the DSiMenu++ app itself from the o3DS?
You overwritten your "boot.nds" on the SD card with DSiMenu++'s.

dakotam00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm re-writing your difficult to read post because it has too many grammatical issues in understanding the message. No one will help you if we can't exactly read and interpret what you meant. Please feel free in clarifying your points if something was missed or re-worded incorrectly.

Sorry, I was in a rush to type this out.

You overwritten your "boot.nds" on the SD card with DSiMenu++'s.

Thanks, I fixed that issue.

dakotam00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So another issue popped up. A Spotpass title (YouTube and Nintendo Video) replaced Sudoku on the home menu. When I go to the eShop to redownload it, it says that I can't log in to the eShop with this NNID (the one I deleted). And when I go to
System Settings -> Nintendo Network ID Settings,
it says I can't use this NNID on this system. Do I remove the NNID through Godmode9 and rebuy Sudoku?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So another issue popped up. A Spotpass title (YouTube and Nintendo Video) replaced Sudoku on the home menu. When I go to the eShop to redownload it, it says that I can't log in to the eShop with this NNID (the one I deleted). And when I go to
System Settings -> Nintendo Network ID Settings,
it says I can't use this NNID on this system. Do I remove the NNID through Godmode9 and rebuy Sudoku?
What system are you trying to log into. The old system or the new one? The old one will no longer have the NNID linked to it as its to the new one now. And if your trying to redownload something on the old system again the NNID was moved to a new console and it will not let you download it.

dakotam00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What system are you trying to log into. The old system or the new one? The old one will no longer have the NNID linked to it as its to the new one now. And if your trying to redownload something on the old system again the NNID was moved to a new console and it will not let you download it.
This is all on the O3DS. Gold471Backup was the NNID I bought Sudoku on and then deleted before the system transfer. It's somehow still stuck on the O3DS. On the N3DS, there is no NNID.

Edit: So I removed the Gold471Backup NNID through Godmode9 from the O3DS because somehow it was still there. I made a new NNID (dqfan101) and bought a new copy of Sudoku. I am about to test if the savedata.bin from the injection process works.

Edit 2: The savedata.bin from Step 2 of the guide from 3ds.hacks DsiWare game injection works. Now I just have to wait until I can do the system transfer then.

Attachments

• 20180715_120822.jpg
    20180715_120822.jpg
    665.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 20180715_120817.jpg
    20180715_120817.jpg
    856.3 KB · Views: 97

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users