Hacking DSTT/TTDS FAQ

alkhair

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
it doesnt support mp4? but what can i do to play those mp4 files? do i have to convert to a certain format that this console recognizes?

please help. thank you.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They need to be converted to DPG format. There are several utilities that can convert your movies to DPG. BatchDPG will do it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1924

There are also guides on how to install Moonshell, like this one: http://www.scdev.org/forum/index.php?topic=11437.0

I don't use Moonshell much, but I recall that the trickiest part of the installation for the DSTT was choosing the right option under "ROM image" since there wasn't one for DSTT. The DSTT doesn't need to be patched since it has autopatching, so I think you can leave it on the default setting.

-Bri

N64 Lover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I am new to the forums and have a question to ask. I have a DSTT and have tried to install moonshell 1.71 a few times with no success. I have used the moonshell installation method (uncheck all cards and use "no interface") and have also downloaded and tried the moonshell that is available on ndstt.com. Moonshell runs from the card but everytime I try to launch a game I get the error "no support adapter". Is this a problem with auto DLDI patching? Is there a good tutorial on auto DLDI patching anywhere? I have the ezflash 3in1 coming and would like to get this homenrew problem resolved. Thanks for the help. By the way I love my DSTT, so far so good.

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try lick or try using the dsorganize. i used the moonshell from the dstt site and it worked without problem. didn't go too far into it just because the quality sucked. will try again to check what i did, but i dun think there should be a problem. the moonshell.nds on root, the moonshell folder, and then the reset.mse copied into the moonshell folder from the ttds folder.

EDIT: You can't run games from moonshell, you need to softreset back to the main screen. Moonshell is not setup to run games like DSO is. At least, judging from the error you get when you select a game from it that's the impression I get.

testing10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I am new to the forum and hope to get some help. I just pick up the TTDS and micoSD card and try to work on my DS but still can't get it working. i follow the instruction to copy the TTmenu folder and TTmenu.dat to the micro SD card. Take small chip out of the micoSD card and put in the TTDS card. Insert the TTDS card into the DS turn on and it skip the intro. and get to TTDS screen and it freeze. One screen has the TTDS words the other has SysOption,Icon,Name,Size... I try to move the cursors and buttons but there is no respond. Take it out and try to repeat all over again but still can't get any father.Is there something wrong with my TTDS card or am i doing something wrong? Is there a clear instruction for how to flash the DS? Thanks for the help.

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to put games on the card or homebrew apps as well...just putting the system files on the card won't do much excecpt show you the menu you're seeing. Make a folder called "Games" and put some in it. Try a few homebrew progs depending on what you're going to use your DS for if more than games.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To install TTMenu for DSTT:
[*]Download the firmware here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2134[*]Unzip the firmware archive. It should have a file named TTMENU.DAT and a folder named TTMENU (which will contain a bunch of files). Drag TTMENU.DAT and the TTMENU folder onto your microSD card.[*]Make a new folder on your microSD card called "games."[*]Put one or two .nds files into the "games" folder.[*]Remove the microSD card from your PC. Make sure you always use the "safely remove hardware" to remove the microSD card.[*]Insert your DSTT into your NDS. Insert the microSD into your DSTT. You should get to a menu with your games in it. Click on a game to run it.
It sounds like you already did the first two steps.

-Bri

hinoa9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
As a lot of people before me, I have doubts, and ended up here.
I`m planning on buying a NDS and I want to make get the best from it, so I want to buy a flashcard device too. Here ( In Argentina ), I have two options: R4 and DSTT.
Now, if well R4 is easier to get ( and, I`d say, is the standar ), DSTT looks better because of GBA roms compatibility.
After spending like 4 hours reading forums, faqs, etc. there`s something I still doubt about...
Does this card ( which comes for cards for SLOT 1 and 2 if I understood correctly ) support complete DS-GBA link ? ( especifically GBA pokemon games and DS pokemon games PAL park feature ) AND does it support every GBA game ?

Thanks in advance for your answer/s

PS: I know how people hate newbies misspelling, and I`m a perfectionist, so feel free to correct any mistakes in the text ^^

SergWerg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, thanks for all this info and your efforts helping newbies like me ;-)
Never had any experience with any game pads before, so might be asking damn stupid questions, but please....
How do I restore saved game with this DSTT? How do you guys usually do it when you get stuck playing and want to return to exactly the same point in game to try again nd again???
It is said, "Instantly saves game state", OK, I agree. I see 512Kb "gamename.sav" files created and updated for each game. OK, what's next? Every time I start the game (any), it starts from the beginning, and I use built-in game's option (if available) to save/restore it.
But how's about the save which is mentioned in the card feature list? How to use it, what hotkey I need to press and when, to get to this "exactly the same place in game" which is "not supported by the game"? Am I missing something, or something is not working in the card? My warranty expires Monday 9th, shall I rush to replace the card?
Somebody. Please. Paste some step-by-step detailed HowTo to follow and see if this feature is working. Assuming that I have card set up and running, and some game copied, let it be "0185 - Sonic Rush (E).nds", though can be any other.
I hope it is not possible to misunderstand my question now...
Thanks again.

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the .sav files are used immediately whenever the game boots, just like the .arp file is activated. are the names showing correctly "xxxx.nds" and "xxxx.sav"? if it's showing "xxxx.SAV" that could also be a problem. Try using YSMenu if that doesn't work and see if sav's are used correctly from there. what games are you using??? if the card is not accessing sav's, i dun think it would be a hardware issue since the games are playing.

SergWerg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
apocalypticvisionary, it seems to not depend on the game. The .sav and .arp files are getting created, and seems they are updated. I'll check if the extension is uppercase or lowcase, and I give YSMenu a try. But please lell me, in your experience, can you save/restore complete game state in the same manner as you could do with PC-based Nintendo game system sumulator? Project64, for example? My main concern is, is this functionality supported by card and TTMenu (or YSMenu) at all?
P.S. All savegame files have .sav lowercase extension, as expected.
Haven't checked YSMenu yet.
Could it be any software add-on that can provide full game state save/restore functionality?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're talking about RTS (real-time save) which is not supported by the DSTT. That feature is available with the CycloDS, SCDS1, and a handful of other carts.

-Bri

doedill

Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
how do you use the backlight cheat option?
what key combo do you need to press to change the screen brightness in game?

mr.unlikely

Trophies
XP
Country
hello there

Im new
blink.gif

just got my DSTT, almost everything seems to be running fine which is a relief given the complaints ive seen

however, when i try and run homebrew through dsOrganise it says i havent patched it with a DLDI, i thought DSTT autopatches? It wont run any homebrew despite some running off the main menu. Any ideas?

Also is it possible to run GBA roms without a slot 2 device?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That should be the genuine product but I think the microSD reader that comes bundled with it is one of DX's and not from ndstt (not that it matters -- they're pretty much the same, as in equally crappy). If you already have a microSD reader, you can get it without the reader for a dollar less.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1